DSi Update for US Downloadable Tonight

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Nintendo = stupid

do you really think we can't access DSiStore to dl flipbook anymore?
NO! You send out more flashcart blocks and in maybe a few months time, DSiWare piracy will rise!
You block our flashcarts (We spent at least 50 bucks on those ), and we'll pirate more of your warez.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I planned on getting a DSi sometime in the next week, but now I'm not so sure. If I got one in the next week, would it be updated to block flashcarts? I don't think they'd be updated yet, but I'm not quite sure
glare.gif

SkotUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
I planned on getting a DSi sometime in the next week, but now I'm not so sure. If I got one in the next week, would it be updated to block flashcarts? I don't think they'd be updated yet, but I'm not quite sure
glare.gif
no not for a long while.

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hankchill said:
With a name like 'ilovengage' your posts don't matter either xD

Try to keep the discussion on topic, before the mods come in and open up a can of whoop-ass. We're here to talk about the 1.4 update, and are more than allowed to share our opinions on it. I mentioned earlier that I felt the Facebook update was useless as well. I'm allowed to share that too.

Of course you're allowed to, but do you know how annoying it is to read the same shit over and over again? Everytime it's about DSi firmware 1.4 you hear the same stuff: "I told you, that's why I don't have a DSi" "that's why ds lite is better" "facebook sux" "stupid cameras, who needs them" "i updated and my flash card doesn't work anymore - can i downgrade?". if you want to stay on topic than please do. this one is about the us getting this update tonight. and not for everyone to tell us for the 1000st time how much facebook sux.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
All I see out of this are camgirls posting low-res naughty pics of themselves via DSi and Facebook picture whores making fools of themselves.

AvohkahTamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
According to the video on the Kotaku post:

QUOTE said:
It is not the tiny patch that fixed (I guess you could call it fixing) the piracy issue, instead this is one that will allow you to now send your photos (at least in North America) to Facebook.

I'd love some light shed on this, does this really not block flashcarts? I was planning to get one just before the news about the Japan release blocking them was announced, and if the US one does not block homebrew devices (at least yet), that is great news for us.

Again, is someone willing to doublecheck this on their DSi? If so, it'd be much appreciated.

~ AT

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'd say they meant that it's not ONLY fixing the piracy issue but also allowing you to upload photos. If you'd take it word by word it meant that the other versions only had this fix and not the facebook upload - which they obviously have.

stanleyopar2000

RIP Yuzu. "It is always morally correct..."
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
we need to make a DSiWare thread like the DS and Wii and GBA?.......some where...that way 4.1 users can update us with what DSiware is out in the store....

we won't know whats out there anymore O_O...example..flipnote studio
sleep.gif

this is an official GBATEMP.NET SUGGESTION.

AvohkahTamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ilovengage said:
I'd say they meant that it's not ONLY fixing the piracy issue but also allowing you to upload photos. If you'd take it word by word it meant that the other versions only had this fix and not the facebook upload - which they obviously have.
He seemed pretty confident, because he emphasized the "not" in "This is not the tiny update...", and also said "instead, this is the update..."

Either I need to ask the guy on Kotaku, or ask someone who's got the latest firmware and a DSi flashcart (which could be rare, as everyone with a flash cart or one on the way won't want to update).

If this does break homebrew, I'll wait until the M3 team updates the firmware to buy my M3i Zero I've been planning. That is, so long as Nintendo didn't just make it completely impossible for homebrew forever, which is unlikely but possible. Not being able to access the DSi Shop is annoying, though.

~ AT

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
stanleyopar2000 said:
we need to make a DSiWare thread like the DS and Wii and GBA?.......some where...that way 4.1 users can update us with what DSiware is out in the store....

we won't know whats out there anymore O_O...example..flipnote studio
sleep.gif

this is an official GBATEMP.NET SUGGESTION.
The official nintendo website updates EVERY monday talking about the new dsiwares and wiiwares. Who hasnt been to the ninty website one or a few times?

ilovengage

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
AvohkahTamer said:
He seemed pretty confident, because he emphasized the "not" in "This is not the tiny update...", and also said "instead, this is the update..."

Either I need to ask the guy on Kotaku, or ask someone who's got the latest firmware and a DSi flashcart (which could be rare, as everyone with a flash cart or one on the way won't want to update).

If this does break homebrew, I'll wait until the M3 team updates the firmware to buy my M3i Zero I've been planning. That is, so long as Nintendo didn't just make it completely impossible for homebrew forever, which is unlikely but possible. Not being able to access the DSi Shop is annoying, though.

~ AT

That's true, but when he says it's not the tiny update he means that all other regions got this "tiny" update instead of the facebook one the US got. With saying something like that I think he's not completely sure of what he's talking about
wink.gif

And I doubt that Nintendo doesn't include the flashc ard blocking in the US version - it just doesn't make sense cause the firmware versions are the same in ALL regions (like on the Wii), the only difference is the region.

AvohkahTamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ilovengage said:
AvohkahTamer said:

~ AT

That's true, but when he says it's not the tiny update he means that all other regions got this "tiny" update instead of the facebook one the US got. With saying something like that I think he's not completely sure of what he's talking about
wink.gif

And I doubt that Nintendo doesn't include the flashcard blocking in the US version - it just doesn't make sense cause the firmware versions are the same in ALL regions (like on the Wii), the only difference is the region.
I see where you're coming from, so now it seems it's extremely likely it is blocked. I still want confirmation of it from somewhere (besides the various news sites with an article saying "Y'know that patch everywhere that blocks flashcarts? Oh, by the way the US one patched to include Facebook!"), so I can continue working on my M3i plans as soon as possible.

It'd be best if GBAtemp checked on this issue and reported it on the front page, seeing as they didn't even update saying "The US patch is out" yet (to my knowledge, I'm new to the site and could have missed something).

~ AT

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol