Homebrew DSi running original DS firmware

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I own a DSi, and this game selector to switch between any of the 3 inserted Slot-1 cards without powering down the card slot.
Psst, all it takes is a dot of solder to connect the 2 pins on the side of slot-1 :)

Has anyone ever contacted the creator of the firmware.nds file about adding back Slot-1 reading?
He's the well known Olimar/Loopy, and even back then he said it was hard enough to get it to this level so he wouldn't do it again for the DS Lite firmware so...

How would you practically use it anyway? For now, a DSi-compatible flashcard is the only way to run a .nds with slot-1 access on a real DSi...!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's the well known Olimar/Loopy, and even back then he said it was hard enough to get it to this level so he wouldn't do it again for the DS Lite firmware so...

How would you practically use it anyway? For now, a DSi-compatible flashcard is the only way to run a .nds with slot-1 access on a real DSi...!
Well, I don't want my DSTWO to quickly drain the DSi's battery.

MarioMasta64

hi. i make batch stuff and portable shiz
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
United States
Hate to bring up an 8 year old post like this, but...
If Slot-1 reading was added back in, this could actually be useful.
I own a DSi, and this game selector to switch between any of the 3 inserted Slot-1 cards without powering down the card slot.
So if Slot-1 reading was added back in, some flashcards that worked on a DS Phat/DS lite might be able to work again.

Has anyone ever contacted the creator of the firmware.nds file about adding back Slot-1 reading?
the creator of the firmware is olimar (later known as loopy) author of flashme. im trying to find him for similar yet different reasons.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well, I don't want my DSTWO to quickly drain the DSi's battery.
rip i was ninja'd

Psst, all it takes is a dot of solder to connect the 2 pins on the side of slot-1 :)

it'd be nice to quickly access settings while playing on ds then relaunching the card slot ;P also haxxstation may bring some interesting uses to this for ds and/or dsi

other uses is sending a firmware.nds to a system via haxxstation (phat firm is fine) and launching slot-1 dis-regarding the whitelist. or even creating one that just directly loads the cart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm