DSi mic not working

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Overlord Nadrian, Jun 21, 2010.

Jun 21, 2010

DSi mic not working by Overlord Nadrian at 11:46 AM (6,831 Views / 0 Likes) 9 replies

1. Overlord Nadrian
    OP

Banned Overlord Nadrian Banned

Belgium
    Well, the microphone of my DSi hasn't been working since late March, but I only now thought of creating a topic about it. Yeah, I couldn't be arsed to do it earlier, but yesterday I remembered it again because I was browsing the DSi Shop and noticed some cool DSiWare games NEED the microphone. Heck, even Dark Void Zero uses it, but luckily I found out that you can also press some buttons for the game to start.

Anyways, the mic doesn't do anything. I have tried the Mic Test thing in the Settings, but it still doesn't work. I looked up the problem yesterday on the Nintendo website and they say I have to send them the DSi so they can fix it.

Problem is, my warranty expired April 1st. (Seriously.) And I don't want to pay for it if I can fix it myself one way or another.

I am quite handy so if there is a step-by-step guide somewhere I'd be glad to use it.

2. Siberias

Newcomer Siberias Member

Australia
    The microphone on my DS lite broke quite early into its existence but I could never bother getting it fixed. When I finally had a game that needed it I went and bought a cheap microphone headset thing that plugs into the DS's headphone/mic jack and that might be an easier option than replacing the actual microphone itself.

Such as this one for example: Amazon: Nintendo Headset

3. Overlord Nadrian
    OP

Belgium
    Hey, that looks pretty cool! I'll look into it a bit more, thanks! [​IMG]

4. Overlord Nadrian
    OP

Belgium
    Bumping [​IMG]

So, I just tried to order that microphone (because I only got my PayPal money on the 15th and I only got back a couple of hours ago), but according to Amazon they can't send it to Belgium... Which really sucks, because it would have been a very cheap solution to my problem. Are there perhaps any other places I can buy a decent (and preferably cheap, too) microphone/headset thingy from? (Maybe one of the Belgian tempers knows a good IRL shop to buy one from? That would save me the shipping costs and the long wait (as I only order with the cheapest shipping).)

Thanks.

5. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Gasp! No double posting, you know...

Maybe just look for one in your local game store? They have DS headsets, you know. (Maybe)

Other than that, you might have to replace your mic.

6. Overlord Nadrian
    OP

Belgium
    I allowed myself to double post since this topic seemed to have passed under the radar.

They don't have anything in my 'local' gamestore (which is still half an hour drive from here), therefore I posted the topic. Also, I don't want to get my mic replaced because I use my DSi too frequently to have to miss out on it for weeks.

7. jon92388

Newcomer jon92388 Advanced Member

United States
  8. Overlord Nadrian
    OP

Belgium
    Alright mate! Thanks a bunch! I'll buy it as soon as I get some PayPal cash again (which should be fairly soon), hopefully I can find my trigram screwdriver by that time, otherwise I'll just order a new one (luckily they're very cheap).

Thanks again man, I really appreciate it! [​IMG]

9. Slyakin

Member Slyakin See ya suckers

United States
    Dang it, I wasn't helpful. [​IMG]

10. jon92388

Newcomer jon92388 Advanced Member

United States
    im glad i was a help [​IMG] and the best of luck fixing your mic!