Hacking DSi following GB Micro?

R2DJ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So we have heard: DSi is incompatible with flash carts.

I'm hoping for flash carts to work on DSi but if it wouldn't, it will be officially a follow-up of GB Micro. It's not that GB Micro can't handle the same power as its predecessors GBA SP and the original GBA. I think it would be a failure because if flash carts won't work with it, the DSi will have really low sales and people will prefer buying the Lite vs the "i". Also, some DS Lite games might not work with the DSi so that's another factor. Finally, most people think it's an unnecessary upgrade and they think it's more of a downgrade of the Lite.

So what do you think? Does the DSi follow the DS Lite or the Micro?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I don't see how a lack of flash card will damage DSi sales at all. The majority of DS owners ave never even heard of flash cards, never mind actually use them.

Also according to Nintendo ALL current DS games work on the DSi, there is news that at least 1 NEW UNRELEASED game is having problems with it, but I would 100% say that that game will only be released if that bug is removed, Nintendo Would not release a game that didn't work on its intended system.

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
yes it obviously does
tongue.gif

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Well, I would never compare it to the Micro, because, Micro did DRASTIC changes against SP, while DSi changed almost nothing (speaking in a terms of design and appearence)..

DSi is actually bigger than Lite, it's just thinner.....and I would rather see some Micro-a-like (smaller, but with the same resolution, picture is so sharp and bright!) screens, than bigger ones with the same resolution..

D

Deleted User

Sales will be hurt by the flashcart users.

This is Nintendo's way of offering something to "legitimate" users and restricting us pir0tes

kaizer ryo

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Malaysia
I wouldn't say anything yet unless no new flashcarts that are compatible with the DSi or new firmware updates for all the flashcarts (Except the r4
tongue.gif
) are released.If that doesn't happen the DSi is terribly made of fail

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte