MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, so I'm thinking of getting a DSi, and naturally an AK2i. What's the latest firmware for the DSi (that I can expect that a new DSi off the shelves of your average Wal-Mart or EB Games would have), and does the AK2i have a fix for it?

Thanks in advance.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Skyline969 said:
Ok, so I'm thinking of getting a DSi, and naturally an AK2i. What's the latest firmware for the DSi (that I can expect that a new DSi off the shelves of your average Wal-Mart or EB Games would have), and does the AK2i have a fix for it?

Thanks in advance.
1.4 is the latest, and the AK2i has a fix, some sites will apply the fix for you before they ship the cart to you for a fee, otherwise you'll need a DS/DSL

azure0wind

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Latest DSi Firmware:
1.4 / 1.4.1
Yes AK2i Can fix it but, you must update your ak2i first.
you can update it in your dsi (the version must below 1.4 /1.4.1)
or you can try using your DS Lite or DS for the update..
biggrin.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
azure0wind said:
Latest DSi Firmware:
1.4 / 1.4.1
Yes AK2i Can fix it but, you must update your ak2i first.
you can update it in your dsi (the version must below 1.4 /1.4.1)
or you can try using your DS Lite or DS for the update..
biggrin.gif
Thanks for the info. Good to know there isn't a 1.5 firmware update yet! Provided I get the cash I'm expecting tomorrow, I'll be buying a DSi soon. I hope DealExtreme sells the AK2i still (under the counter, like they do for most carts these days)!

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
azure0wind said:
i think nintendo will not put AP again in its next dsi firmware?
unsure.gif
If they don't introduce a new feature (or possibly if they do), chances are they will try to block flashcards. Since they have upgradeable firmware now, it's a battle with Ninty like PSP hackers battle with Sony. Each firmware update will be to fight flashcards, with the occasional random feature added in to the mix, so hackers will have to keep fighting to counteract these AP measures. Let the endless fight begin.

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Skyline969 said:
Thanks for the info. Good to know there isn't a 1.5 firmware update yet! Provided I get the cash I'm expecting tomorrow, I'll be buying a DSi soon. I hope DealExtreme sells the AK2i still (under the counter, like they do for most carts these days)!

Yeah, they do - I ordered two in separate orders and other arrived already - no chip, no springloaded µSD slot, and AKAIO confirms its REEEAL!

Also, at moment it feels that nintendo has to start blocking game program if they want to try block flashcarts. Since to DSi a upgraded flashcart is like real game (icon etc) - only it isn't, but you get the idea.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
JereTHEend said:
Skyline969 said:

Yeah, they do - I ordered two in separate orders and other arrived already - no chip, no springloaded µSD slot, and AKAIO confirms its REEEAL!

Also, at moment it feels that nintendo has to start blocking game program if they want to try block flashcarts. Since to DSi a upgraded flashcart is like real game (icon etc) - only it isn't, but you get the idea.
Really now? They do the under the counter? The product page for the AK2i is gone, so I had thought that it was simply removed from their shelves completely. Not liking the fact that the micro SD slot on the AK2i is not spring-loaded while the AK2 is, but I digress. Now I'm at a crossroads - buy from DX, where I know it's cheap but they do things a little differently now, or pay a little extra and buy from 0ShippingZone but know it's in stock and know it's out in the open?
unsure.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Skyline969 said:
JereTHEend said:
Really now? They do the under the counter? The product page for the AK2i is gone, so I had thought that it was simply removed from their shelves completely. Not liking the fact that the micro SD slot on the AK2i is not spring-loaded while the AK2 is, but I digress. Now I'm at a crossroads - buy from DX, where I know it's cheap but they do things a little differently now, or pay a little extra and buy from 0ShippingZone but know it's in stock and know it's out in the open?
unsure.gif

I've posted a workaround to get the DX full AK2i product page on here several times. However DX AK2i cards do come with a spring loaded MicroSD card slot, which is as they should.

Goto DealExtreme and on the lefthand side of the page there's a box:
dx.jpg

Enter 18728 into the box and click Go. You will then get a full flash version of AK2i product page popup as it was before it was removed from the site.

If you don't have a DS Lite then buy from 0SZ as they ship them with the 1.4 update already applied, otherwise buy from DX.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tk_saturn said:
Skyline969 said:
JereTHEend said:
Skyline969 said:

unsure.gif

I've posted a workaround to get the DX full AK2i product page on here several times. DX cards however do come with a sping loaded MicroSD card slot.

If you don't have a DS Lite then buy from 0SZ as they ship them with the 1.4 update already applied, otherwise buy from DX.

I know of the workaround - I subscribed to a topic that has a lot of the workarounds for various cards. And I do have a DS Lite and a DS Phat. I'll decide where I buy from after today. Today will decide how much spending cash I have.
tongue.gif

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Skyline969 said:
I know of the workaround - I subscribed to a topic that has a lot of the workarounds for various cards. And I do have a DS Lite and a DS Phat. I'll decide where I buy from after today. Today will decide how much spending cash I have.
tongue.gif
I wasn't refering about the work around to order which is posted everywhere, but the quick order method of getting the full product page up which you were complaining about not having. Quick order isn't a workaround, it's an official legit way of ordering any item including the AK2i from DX. Most people feel more comftable ordering from the product page rather than a addtobasket link workaround.

SKU's for any removed items can be found on VolumeRate the WholeSale sistersite of DealExtreme, from which they haven't removed the FlashCarts.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tk_saturn said:
Skyline969 said:
tongue.gif
I wasn't refering about the work around to order which is posted everywhere, but the quick order method of getting the full product page up which you were complaining about not having. Quick order isn't a workaround, it's an official legit way of ordering any item including the AK2i from DX. Most people feel more comftable ordering from the product page rather than a addtobasket link workaround.

SKU's for any removed items can be found on VolumeRate the WholeSale sistersite of DealExtreme, from which they haven't removed the FlashCarts.
Hm... from the pictures, this AK2i looks fake. Or is it a different batch that I'm clueless about.
unsure.gif

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Skyline969 said:
tk_saturn said:
Skyline969 said:
tongue.gif

Hm... from the pictures, this AK2i looks fake. Or is it a different batch that I'm clueless about.
unsure.gif

Not sure - since it only opened the volumerate main page....

http://www.dealextreme.com/forums/Forums.d...threadid.528145
That is a thread full of links, clicking a link adds it to your cart

Acekard 2i's (2/2 for me) have been genuine.
So, do so, lose nothing, be happy, sail to sunset!

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Skyline969 said:
tk_saturn said:
Skyline969 said:
tongue.gif

unsure.gif

They aren't fake just simply photos of the older package. They don't update the volumerate site that often. As I've already said above, just type 18728 into the quick order box and you get the full product page for the AceKard 2i come up with updated photos. From their you get a link to the AK2i forums on DX, order link and reviews page.

DX are still selling them, they added this cart to their inventory just yesterday, it's not added into the basket though.
sku_33858_1.jpg

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tk_saturn said:
They aren't fake just simply photos of the older package. They don't update the volumerate site that often. As I've already said above, just type 18728 into the quick order box and you get the full product page for the AceKard 2i come up with updated photos. From their you get a link to the AK2i forums on DX, order link and reviews page.

DX are still selling them, they added this cart to their inventory just yesterday, it's not added into the basket though.
*snip
Hahaha, that fake R4 team can't even spell Christmas properly.
rofl2.gif

Well, putting in 18728 did bring up a full product page. I guess I will order from them since they're cheaper. One more thing though (last one, I swear!) - does homebrew wifi (libwifi) work on a DSi, or is there some random reason that it wouldn't?

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Skyline969 said:
tk_saturn said:

*snip
Hahaha, that fake R4 team can't even spell Christmas properly.
rofl2.gif
I was just thinking this
rofl.gif

I hate R4
rolleyes.gif

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Rydian said:
ClIRC (DS IRC client) works on my DSi, I haven't bothered with any homebrew browsers since the built-in browser works way better.
I meant any general homebrew that uses libwifi, ClIRC being one of those, same with AKAIO's wifi updater (unless that's something else), Beup Live, DSTwitter, and MENUdo. However, if ClIRC works, the rest'll probably work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: @AdenTheThird I dont know anyone else that has seen Greasy Strangler. haha. Cheers!