DSi download games FROM old DS with R4 or M3?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by hyogen, Feb 18, 2009.

Feb 18, 2009
  1. hyogen
    OP

Newcomer hyogen Newbie

United States
    We know that DSi won't work with R4DS or M3 Simply card...

but my question is...if i have a DS that has the R4 card with games.... like Tetris or Mariocart....can I play single card multiplayer games WITH the new DSi?

so send the game to the DSi and play multiplayer...

that'd be sweet...and if that's the case, I might have to get one [​IMG]

what about.........if i have animal crossing actual game and put it in the DSi....can it play wirelessly with my other DS that has the NDS rom for animal crossing?

Thanks!

2. Tozarian

Member Tozarian GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    The DSI is capable of playing original ds carts (who uses those anyways) but I'm not sure about wifi, some flashcarts are not good with DS to DS connectivity and it hasnt been stated whether the DSI will be compatible with the older DS's (I'm assuming so because it would be a big loss for nintendo)

3. hyogen
    OP

Newcomer hyogen Newbie

United States
    thanks. why would it be a loss for nintendo? for DSi to DS compatiblity...shouldn't the DSi be able to play any DS games you currently own? hopefully the make it wirelessly compatible.

that's the only way i'd buy a DSi...

4. Purses

Member Purses GBAtemp Regular

United States
    He said it'd be a big loss for Nintendo if they weren't compatible with each other..

5. hyogen
    OP

Newcomer hyogen Newbie

United States
    thank you good sir

6. Doggy124

Member Doggy124 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Thailand
    I think you might have problem with few games depend on what flashcart you use.

Same as sending game to unflash DS/DSL.

7. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    Here's my question, i didn't want to make a thread on it because it's not that big but Is it possible that DSi can recieve updates from nintendo to brick itself, all nintendo has to do is get someone to get a new DSi flashcart and make a Piracy check for wifi which bricks DSi and Flashcart if detects it as a flashcart, been bugging me all day, this is the wall between me getting one and not getting one [​IMG]

As for the question of this thread, yes you would be able to use download play for games like brain training and download the game right onto your DSi. Unless Nintendo has become hostile to the general public and would rather piss people off than make money then it would work.

8. Kamika

Member Kamika GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Well, it does happen on the Wii (not piracy checks but since modded Wiis also use hacked firmware, an update could brick it) so I wouldn't be surprised if someone used a flashcard for the DSi and tries to update his DSi firmware and had his DSi bricked. It's the answer against piracy on the handheld market so people would think twice before using such a thing.

9. DeadLocked

Member DeadLocked Bi-Winning.

United Kingdom
    Oh damn.... I will keep my DS phat too then for Wifi, I wouldn't dare go on wifi on DSi now or I'll be f*****. Probably got members of Nintendo (J) on GBAtemp watching for ideas on piracy protection xD Even though 'not everyone uses GBAtemp'.
    Unless some smart GBAtemper comes up with a mod to stop Firmware updates ever happening on DSi. That person would be worshipped.

10. hyogen
    OP

Newcomer hyogen Newbie

United States
    thanks for answering my question.

why are you guys worried about getting a bricked DSi?

is it moddable already? I thought M3 or R4ds didn't work for DSi....is there something new that i can get?

thanks

11. hyogen
    OP

Newcomer hyogen Newbie

United States