Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hi everybody,

I'm sorry if this has been stated elsewhere, and if I am posting at the wrong place. Furthermore, I'm sorry for my bad english for I am french.

My question is simple : has anybody found yet how to play a GBA game (so a gba file) with Acekard 2i on a DSi ? Files can be seen, but not launched, so I was wondering if that option was not yet available from the Acekard software, or simply (and unfortunately) never available for a DSi... Not that I don't enjoy my DS games, but I'd like to play the GBA games too !

Wait... I suddenly saw "Acekard RPG" written on my DSi screen... how come... I never saw that before, I thought I had downloaded the Acekard 2 software... How weird, I'll try once again, maybe it could change something ?

PS : And by the way, did anybody hear some news from Acekard team about if their software will be soon able to detect the SD slot on the DSi right side ? That would be great...

Bye !

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1) You can NOT play GBA games on the DSi. You'd need a slot-2 cart such as the EZ 3in1 to do so, and the lack of GBA port on the DSi eliminates this possibility.

2) The AK2i and other AK models use the same firmware/skins, so you'll still see "Acekard RPG" even on the AK2i.

3) As far as I'm aware, it's impossible for current slot-1 flash kits to see any DSi-specific features. All slot-1 carts on the DSi will run in "regular DS" mode which prevents the system from accessing any of the new hardware.

Hem

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Thank you, Shaun...

...but man, you ruined my day. Knew I shouldn't have bought that DSi back in Japan...

Jokes apart, thanks for the quick reply.

Briankealing

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DSi does not have the chip that can play GBA games, even if some homebrew genius figured out how to play GBA games they would have to be emulated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram ple bs lol