Gaming DSi $99, XL $129 anyone buying at this price?

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went to target today and bought the Purple 3DS, got a $20 gift card and used it on a Midnight Blue XL March of the Minis bundle that was reduced to $129.99. Anyone else interested in the price drop? I noticed today Nintendo drop the advertising of the DS lite on their site to showcase the DSi's new pricing.
351v09l.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I can't afford pricey stuff like that alone, but since no one wants to help me buy it I'll just have to wait until the 3DS is marked down to $99.99, since it has all the features of a DSi and I don't need a DSi XL.

D

Deleted_171835

I might get that DSi XL.

The 3DS makes DS games look like shit and the XL has that large sexy screen.

SS4

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i got a DSi XL last year for 100 $ brand new from a special email code i got from EB games. I cant play my DSi anymore anymore (got it for free so i gave it to my GF :P) and the XL spoiled me, ill wait til the 3DSi XL for sure, the larger size makes it so much more comfortable to hold, u dont get hand cramps anymore :P

The hinges feels a bit looser since the top part is much heavier and i found Phantasy Star 0 to look a bit too pixelated at first but otherwise every games looks quite sharp and the XL is the much superior choice right now. ive played the DS lite, DSi, XL and 3DS so i know what im talking about :P

Still, different ppl have different opinions, this was my take on it ^^

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since I already have an XL, I do want to say that it was a great investment (though I got it before the price drop), it was definitely worth the money. As of now I use it far more than my 3DS, and the larger screen was definitely more rewarding than I gave it credit for before I'd bought one.

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have no need to get a DSi. I have my 3DS, and I'm not really missing anything, at least nothing important (the DSi camera has some more effects then the 3DS one). I can play all my DS games just fine (and I'm fine with the game being not a 1:1 scale).

freaksloan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought two DSi XL's at Wal-Mart 2 weeks ago for my kids. I upgraded them from their DS lites. I was able to sell both their DS lites for $75 each.

They LOVE their DSi XL's.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Oh god.
I was about to buy a DSi XL ~2 days ago.
Good to know I'll have some spare cash on me.
Midnight Blue, here I come!

Edit:

They LOVE their DSi XL's.

I'm gonna be honest, of all the video game consoles I've ever owned, the XL has been the best so far.
Even around 4 months into my ownership of the Nintendo 3DS, my 3DS wasn't getting nearly half as much love as my XL was, and I was feeling a bit guilty seeing as I spent good money on the 3DS so I thought "Well if the 3DS can play DS games, then I should really sell my XL. I'll have some spare cash and I'll still be able to play DS games".

I can't believe I went ahead and sold it. And now instead of playing DS games on my 3DS, I just keeping thinking of ways to save up for a new XL.

Last edited by Lucifer666,

freaksloan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lucifer666

" I'm gonna be honest, of all the video game consoles I've ever owned, the XL has been the best so far.
Even around 4 months into my ownership of the Nintendo 3DS, my 3DS wasn't getting nearly half as much love as my XL was, and I was feeling a bit guilty seeing as I spent good money on the 3DS so I thought "Well if the 3DS can play DS games, then I should really sell my XL. I'll have some spare cash and I'll still be able to play DS games"."

I have my own DSi XL and I also have the 3DS and a PSP. Hands down I play the DSi XL more than anything else. I am hoping for the day when we can get a 3DS XL.

Reactions: 1 person

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might get that DSi XL.

Really? I don't notice any difference when playing DS games.
colors are better on XL because 3ds has a different screen type and resolution than the DS, dsi etc so it doesnt look the same when the 3ds emulates ds software. plus dsi XL screens are HUUUUUUGGE!

Coconut

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I might get that DSi XL.

colors are better on XL because 3ds has a different screen type and resolution than the DS, dsi etc so it doesnt look the same when the 3ds emulates ds software. plus dsi XL screens are HUUUUUUGGE!
Lolwut.
I said that DS games look the same for me on the 3DS, I never mentioned anything like that the quality is better on the XL.

Yatashi Strife

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I might get that DSi XL.

Lolwut.
I said that DS games look the same for me on the 3DS, I never mentioned anything like that the quality is better on the XL.
i was making a point while stating that they dont look the same. not saying anything about your experience, cause that would be rude, but im clarifying for other readers who may not know.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I find the experience on XL and 3DS to be roughly on par. Although the 3DS has an analog, the XL's huge screens are really awesome.

Of course now at $129, the XL is a somewhat cool investment if you are not interested in any 3DS games.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, bought a blue DSi XL last night. Been playing with it ever since it charged up. For this discounted price, it sure delivers - best build quality of any Nintendo handheld, ever (well, GB micro maybe? dunno never had one). Was thinking about using my cash for the 3DS XL, but there'll be time for that (I already have a 3DS). The DS line will be gone soon, and a few years from now there'll be people wishing they'd snagged one while they still could. I did the same thing with GBA ... bought the last 2 AGS-101's for sale in my town. At the time felt kinda stupid buying the last generation while everyone else was buying the DS, but now couldn't be happier I did that. After playing Yoshi's Island DS and Phantom Hourglass for a bit tonight, I'm feeling the same way with the DSi XL. Awesome deal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over