Hacking DSFCC - Flashcart manager for Windows.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Daminite said:
not really but i'm ridiculously obsessive compulsive (if you've ever seen monk you should have a good idea of what i'm like but with out the clean freak part) and it'll just bug me till i lowercase it manually.

ocd sucks but just being aware of it doesnt fix it.

You could always use a hex editor to edit the EXE file. Just do a search for .NDS and replace it with .nds.
smile.gif

Daminite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i was going through the exe and there are a lot of instances of it but most of them are grouped with lowercase spelling also.

in general i'm just really inept at this stuff.

just attempted several different fixes and they all broke

silvestik

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
With the DSFCC v0.35b, in "show nds release" :

"GENRE" filter-menu is empty (only "all"), and genres are in fact in the "MBits" filter-menu. When I select a genre in this menu, there is no more roms left in the list.

I want use this program only for the GENRE filter avaible for the entire roms list. I want it to make a "I Want This Game" list.

Maybe somebody knows a solution for my problem ? (Or another soft for the same purpose)

##################
EDIT : works fine with v0.2
##################

Rbox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi, encountered some problems when using DSFCC:
Saves on card don't show up in library after clicking 'Import saves', so can't use the prog to backup my saves
Always get a I\O error 161 when starting DSFCC
Often games on card don't show in DSFCC
Paths are screwed up:
pic
List report does not work:
pic2
After permanently trimming the roms, they can't be read correctly by other rom organizers anymore.
Please advise corrective actions
Thanks for the hardwork .

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I lost the source code for the app a while back so can't fix any problems in the code. Try going into the DATA folder in the DSFCC folder and deleting the SETTINGS.INI file. It looks like it's become corrupt somehow.

The reason that other rom organisers won't read the permanently trimmed files anymore is because they're using CRC32 scanning to detect what it is, trimming the file changes the CRC32 of it. DSFCC uses both CRC32 and header recognition.

For the list report, did you add the games manually or through DSFCC?

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to hijack the thread, but If you need a solution for trimmed ROMs, Rominator 2008 will recognize them. It uses the combination of the Header/Internal Name/Version to determine which ROM it is. This gets around trusting file size or CRC32, which change when trimmed and also accommodates revisions to the carts/ROMs.

Rbox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
@ Rascal
Hi,

installed rominator v2008.20 AND latest database file ds.rod 5261 (in correct dir)
No Go
Roms are listed, but no info available, renaming also not poss. because games aren't recognized.
Also, don't like the fact that boxart etc. dirs can't be chosen but reside in appdata. Any option to change this?

Other ideas to correct the game recognition?
Maybe better to retrieve roms anew cause this would take much less of my time.

EDIT--
When handling games on flashcard error pops up:
from rominator: An unhandeled error has occured .......
from windows: Rominator.exe stopped working
On CRC check, program just terminates

sigh......

loved RToolDS, but this has no renaming function (only when flashing)

Rascal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rbox said:
@ Rascal
Hi,

installed rominator v2008.20 AND latest database file ds.rod 5261 (in correct dir)
No Go
Roms are listed, but no info available, renaming also not poss. because games aren't recognized.
Also, don't like the fact that boxart etc. dirs can't be chosen but reside in appdata. Any option to change this?

Other ideas to correct the game recognition?
Maybe better to retrieve roms anew cause this would take much less of my time.

EDIT--
When handling games on flashcard error pops up:
from rominator: An unhandeled error has occured .......
from windows: Rominator.exe stopped working
On CRC check, program just terminates

sigh......

loved RToolDS, but this has no renaming function (only when flashing)
Questions:
1. Did you download all 13 boxart updates? This is necessary because the server that the programmer setup doesn't have box art beyond 4179
2. Are your ROMs trimmed or compressed? Trimmed ROMs should be recognized, but I believe that it only handles .7zip compression (could be wrong on which type). But I do know that it has its own compression.
3. The errors are usually caused by not having the box art
4. Box art IS stored in a separate directory. See quote below from the box art downloads:
QUOTEFor those of you with Windows, this files goes in \Documents and Settings\[username]\Application Data\Rominator Data\NDS Box Art

For those of you with Macs, this file goes into /user/Library/Preferences/Rominator Data/NDS Box Art
5. Renaming will only work if the ROMs are recognized, so you've got to figure out why yours aren't being recognized.

Trust me, Rominator works in both Windows and Mac OS. I wouldn't have volunteered my time to maintain the DB and Box Art if it didn't work. The only feature that is broken is the Metacritic data as it was hard coded into the app and they changed their interface options.

Back to making it work for you. After you've downloaded all the boxart, the latest DS.ROD file (5171 as of this post) and made sure your ROMs are uncompressed, they should be recognized. The only other problem may be how you're folders/flash cart are setup in the left panel. It has confused some users in the past. Be sure that if it is pointing to a flash cart, that you have selected the correct card type.

Also, some crashes are caused by corrupted SD cards. Run the appropriate verify and/or repair for your computer's OS to be sure.

I hope this helps.

tiptoptommy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok im a noob but everyone is saying install rominator and all i can find is a stand alone program i cant get to work what am i doing wrong?

JakePsycho

gold~king~house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tiptoptommy said:
ok im a noob but everyone is saying install rominator and all i can find is a stand alone program i cant get to work what am i doing wrong?

This thread was made in 2008. Fail bump is fail.

Vigilante

TempLurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
JakePsycho said:
tiptoptommy said:

This thread was made in 2008. Fail bump is fail.
Forgive him,his still a noob anyways,so let him be for a while.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Actually I'd consider you two the n00bs. Since when did a thread creation date count towards whether a thread has been "bumped". It's the date of the LAST post in the thread compared to a new post that constitutes a bump. And really, if you've got nothing constructive to contribute then don't bother posting.

JakePsycho

gold~king~house
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
Actually I'd consider you two the n00bs. Since when did a thread creation date count towards whether a thread has been "bumped". It's the date of the LAST post in the thread compared to a new post that constitutes a bump. And really, if you've got nothing constructive to contribute then don't bother posting.

Really, the last post however was in October, not as long as the creation date but still kind of a while ago.

Apology person has apology.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password