ROM Hack dsbrowser on slot1 cart

jsmith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
new here and trying to figure this puzzle out.

what exactly is needed to run dsbrowser as described in the R4 review. do you need a slot2 cart that has memory? can it be any game that has memory? i ordered the r4 and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

RagingHamster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think a slot 2 (M3) with RAM is what you need. But I'm not sure... is it even possible to run the opera browser on just the slot one (such as R4DS)??? Or must you have a slot 2 with ram?

jsmith

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
that's pretty much the same question, i opted for the R4DS (slot1) because it's a simplified solution but i know the dsbrowser architecture requires ram in slot 2 (i think). also so far, it's the first i've seen that claims dsbrowser works, along with it's twin the m3 simply. i know there are hacks for other carts but i haven't read specifics...

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use the original ram pack and DS-X, works like a charm, I also have the original cart, but I prefer to use DS-X, so I don't have to swap carts.

Sigma83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was thinking I would just buy the DSBrowser, i have no problem supporting nintendo. But instead of using the slot1 that comes with it, I would simply use the browser on my supercard ds one, and use the slot 2 solution that comes with the purchased browser. That should work shouldn't it? It's just a big investment to go buy a slot 2 plus another micro sd card. Anyway, i called around, and they don't even sell the browser in north america from what I've been told.

So does anyone know of a really cheap slot 2 ram that I can use just to get the browser to work? Microsd's here cost a lot, 79$ canadian usually, but I got mine for supercard ds one on sale for 35$.

Slot 2 = 40-50$
microcard = 35-79$

isn't there a cheaper slot2 ram solution to support the browser?

Thanks alot

Greg

NeoDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The R4 and M3 simply both support the DS browser but ONLY if you have the RAM card that the browser came with. I haven't been able to find a legit dump of the ram card but when I do I will probably let someone on here know. There is no slot 1 of slot 2 cable device that can run just browser because it requires those 2 parts, sorry.
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @E1ite007, I just found this randomly.