dsbrowser on slot1 cart

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by jsmith, Jan 4, 2007.

Jan 4, 2007

dsbrowser on slot1 cart by jsmith at 1:48 AM (1,402 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. jsmith
    OP

Newcomer jsmith Newbie

new here and trying to figure this puzzle out.

what exactly is needed to run dsbrowser as described in the R4 review. do you need a slot2 cart that has memory? can it be any game that has memory? i ordered the r4 and am anxiously awaiting its arrival.

2. RagingHamster

Newcomer RagingHamster Newbie

United States
    I think a slot 2 (M3) with RAM is what you need. But I'm not sure... is it even possible to run the opera browser on just the slot one (such as R4DS)??? Or must you have a slot 2 with ram?

3. 754boy

Banned 754boy :D

United States
    You must have a slot 2 device that has memory for the browser to work. M3 or SC.

4. jsmith
    OP

Newcomer jsmith Newbie

that's pretty much the same question, i opted for the R4DS (slot1) because it's a simplified solution but i know the dsbrowser architecture requires ram in slot 2 (i think). also so far, it's the first i've seen that claims dsbrowser works, along with it's twin the m3 simply. i know there are hacks for other carts but i haven't read specifics...

5. -EX-

Banned -EX- Racer

Japan
    I use the original ram pack and DS-X, works like a charm, I also have the original cart, but I prefer to use DS-X, so I don't have to swap carts.

6. Sigma83

Newcomer Sigma83 Advanced Member

Canada
    I was thinking I would just buy the DSBrowser, i have no problem supporting nintendo. But instead of using the slot1 that comes with it, I would simply use the browser on my supercard ds one, and use the slot 2 solution that comes with the purchased browser. That should work shouldn't it? It's just a big investment to go buy a slot 2 plus another micro sd card. Anyway, i called around, and they don't even sell the browser in north america from what I've been told.

So does anyone know of a really cheap slot 2 ram that I can use just to get the browser to work? Microsd's here cost a lot, 79$ canadian usually, but I got mine for supercard ds one on sale for 35$.

Slot 2 = 40-50$
    microcard = 35-79$

isn't there a cheaper slot2 ram solution to support the browser?

Thanks alot

Greg

7. jbullfrog

Newcomer jbullfrog Member

United States
    IF the new ewin 3's RAM pack works with all slot 1 cards, this would be the cheapest solution.

Supposedly around $8

8. crazyanz

Newcomer crazyanz Member

Netherlands
    true but they still dint gave us a release date so might be a while before its released

9. NeoDragon

Newcomer NeoDragon Newbie

United States
    The R4 and M3 simply both support the DS browser but ONLY if you have the RAM card that the browser came with. I haven't been able to find a legit dump of the ram card but when I do I will probably let someone on here know. There is no slot 1 of slot 2 cable device that can run just browser because it requires those 2 parts, sorry. [​IMG]