DS #XXXX: Advance Wars: Days of Ruin (+8 Trainer) (USA)

plasmatron

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanxx SQUIRE ! You are the real elite, that is is missed so badly theese days.
lecture.gif

Will check out the traintro in a few seconds. Hope it has a catchy chiptune ?
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif

D

Deleted User

Cheating online SUCKS.

I don't even use strategy guides unless I have been stuck at a point in a game for over a week of consistent attempts - These trainers should only be used off-line and if you're either stuck to high hell or have beaten the game/simply don't want to take your playing seriously.

Using these ruins the online experience for other people, this happened to me in Mario Kart DS as well as MGS Online for PS2.

What a drag. Oh well. Game on.

DiNo29

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Just did a online match ... online game is screwed even without a trainer anyway. I'm amazed. Ever got "Fist Peninsula" as map in random match ?
Red : starts with base and 3 factories. There's 11 neutrals towns quite far.
Blue : starts with base, 3 factories, and 10 captured towns close to the base.

WTF ? How can red win this (I was red ...). I was poor while the opponent was rich right from the start. He rushed me with tanks, artillry, rockets launcher, ... while all I had was some infantries and bikes still trying to capture towns... I don't get it.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Enough of this cheating vs anti-cheating babble.

If this argument continues, posts will start being removed.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
While I don't condone cheating online, I for one like to play games such as these without cheating to get the full benefit of the experience, but I do like to be able to unlock certain aspects of the game when I get bored with it. I do this mostly for racing games, so as to be able to use all the cars and tracks I didnt get when playing it. I do not however like to use cheats online against another, it will just spoil the game, any game. I noticed that there was some max scores on the scoreboard online with Mario/Sonic Olympics, which pissed me off.

One thing I will say is that I cant see what the big fuss over this trainer is anyway, its only a matter of time till there are AR codes for it anyway...........

With all due respect and Im not being rude, its a thread for a trainer ROM and a new ROM at that.... what did you expect the topic of coversation to be ?

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

With all due respect and Im not being rude, its a thread for a trainer ROM and a new ROM at that.... what did you expect the topic of coversation to be ?
I expect the people who are interested in the trainer to discuss using it, and people who aren't don't post.

Feel free to continue the debate on cheating here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=49710

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I expect the people who are interested in the trainer to discuss using it, and people who aren't don't post.

Feel free to continue the debate on cheating here:
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=49710

I understand that, I would have thought as long as the comments dont degrade into flaming and rudeness then this is the sort of forum where a debate such as "is this sort of thing good for online gaming" is most approriate. This is a discussion thread if you like the item or you do not, discussion is health as long as it doesnt degenerate into stupidity. That's my opiion anyway, and like I said I'm not being rude about this.

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand that, I would have thought as long as the comments dont degrade into flaming and rudeness then this is the sort of forum where a debate such as "is this sort of thing good for online gaming" is most approriate. This is a discussion thread if you like the item or you do not, discussion is health as long as it doesnt degenerate into stupidity. That's my opiion anyway, and like I said I'm not being rude about this.
Release threads are not the place to discuss this sort of moral implication.

What if members who were against piracy decided to post those thoughts every time a game was dumped?

Such discussion is fine here on GBAtemp, but this thread isn't the place to do it.

That being said, this is the last warning. All subsequent posts will be deleted.

Mewgia

drifter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I click into this thread to see what this release was about and all I see is bawwwwwwwwwwww wifi is ruuuuiinned baawwwwwwwww

When I play wifi on games like Mario Kart I generally win (I haven't played in a while but just for the lulz I played random races on wifi a couple months ago, won every match without cheats). Wifi cheating isn't as widespread as you think guys.

Just putting that out there.

(Thanks Urza for directing the bawfest somewhere else)

cubin'

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cheating is pretty wide spread in games like mario cart. probably every 3 games there's at least one cheater and it really ruins the game...especially when I don't have time to play DS much at all.

I despise people who cheat online however I think it's nintendo's fault for not making the DS more cheat proof...a system like punkbuster would be great where if someone cheats they are banned from ALL online play. Even allowing the developers to patch their games would help a fair bit.

I've got no problem with hacks and trainers being posted here...if people really want to hack and there's a way to do, they'll find out - regardless of you guys posting it or not.

ceraphis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wanted to try this out to help me get past some tough spots my first run through the campaign, but not to overpower how well I was doing and end up with like an S rank and perfect score that I'd never be able to remove as my "high score", but a couple problems so far:

I tried just having the spawn or refresh ability on with nothing else, but then it always ends up giving me max money and the comp 0 money, ruining the point of only giving myself a small refresh boost every so often to get rid of an annoying rocket tank or whatnot. There doesnt seem to be a way to shut off the max/min money trains

Then, it also looks like unlock all levels is always on, which is just a deal killer for me. Anyone have a similar experience? any solutions?

pbolmstedt

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What if members who were against piracy decided to post those thoughts every time a game was dumped?
That only happens on board that allow free speech.
Since you apparently have the attention span of a gnat and couldn't manage to make it through the entire post, I gave you an alternative thread to post in and explained my reasoning very clearly.

If you can't muster enough comprehension to understand that, then by all means refrain from posting in the future.

opcode32

powerh8er par excellence
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanxx SQUIRE ! You are the real elite, that is is missed so badly theese days.
lecture.gif

Will check out the traintro in a few seconds. Hope it has a catchy chiptune ?Â
wub.gif
Â
wub.gif
Â
wub.gif

yes it hast
smile.gif

to all the people saying that SQUiRE just killed online play of this game. It's not that trainer that's responsible but lamers that think cheating makes them cool. Noone forces anyone to use the trainer for online play. These trainers are made mostly for the technical challenge not to spoil anyones fun. Also, why don't you blame nintendo for implementing such a weak online-system. I am sure they could've made online cheating a much harder thing to do if they really cared. After all trainers are released for pc-games all the time, yet i don't see it having that much impact. So please stop the whining.

sillypatterson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why haven't Squire been kicked out of the scene yet? First there was that ridiculous Arm7 packing last year that broke compatibility with many cards and caused lots of glitching at best, and now this? If they're so "leet", they should've done the right thing and disabled Wifi with this trainer enabled.

You might think I'm overreacting, but intentionally or not they're doing whatever they can to ruin the DS scene. Screw Squire.

plasmatron

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why haven't Squire been kicked out of the scene yet? First there was that ridiculous Arm7 packing last year that broke compatibility with many cards and caused lots of glitching at best, and now this? If they're so "leet", they should've done the right thing and disabled Wifi with this trainer enabled.

You might think I'm overreacting, but intentionally or not they're doing whatever they can to ruin the DS scene. Screw Squire.

DS scene ??? Have I missed something ??? I think there are 3 groups representing the dS scene, the rest are stupid kids.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu