Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

DS-Xtreme 16Gb officially announced

Four times the size, same old price

The DS-X home page has been updated with an official announcement of the 16Gb (that's 2 gigabytes) DS-Xtreme. The new larger model will retail for approx $129.95. No words on whether it will have any other new features but it's doubtful.
Team DS-X said:
Users will now have FOUR TIMES the memory, at an unbeatable value of $129.95 RRP.

This all-in-one monster memory solution provides the obvious advantages of better compatibility, faster speeds, added features and ease of use for the consumer through the use of onboard memory.

The new, bigger DS-Xtreme is undoubtedly the unrivalled leader in the Nintendo DS market.

SynGamer

Trophies
Website
syngamer.com
XP
Country
United States
Or you could get the R4/M3/SCDS for roughly $45 and then get a 2 GB micro SD card online (Buy.com?) For like $25-30. So lets see...$75 or $130...tough choice
wink.gif

Louse76

Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Team DS-X said:
Users will now have FOUR TIMES the memory, at an unbeatable value of $129.95 RRP.

This all-in-one monster memory solution provides the obvious advantages of better compatibility, faster speeds, added features and ease of use for the consumer through the use of onboard memory.

The new, bigger DS-Xtreme is undoubtedly the unrivalled leader in the Nintendo DS market.

rofl2.gif
Undoubtedly the unrivaled leader in the Nintendo DS market?
rofl2.gif

Not when you can get an R4DS for $40ish and a 2GB MicroSD for as low as $15 (what I paid for mine after rebates) and not have to use a proprietary cable, etc to transfer the ROMs.

Saying you're the best is one thing (makes sense for you to believe in your product), but "unrivaled leader"... give me a break!
wacko.gif

nyanya.gif
laugh.gif
nyanya.gif

bladerx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Or you could get the R4/M3/SCDS for roughly $45 and then get a 2 GB micro SD card online (Buy.com?) For like $25-30. So lets see...$75 or $130...tough choice
wink.gif

Good point, that's the readon I have both, an M3 and a R4. But it's a great news piece for DS-X fans.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I think my M3Lite Perfect, R4DS and 2 1GB mSD cards still set me back less than 130. o_o

I wonder how they'll try and sell those "unrivaled" features.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
OP
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
obviously anyone with a brain will choose R4 over this
To be honest I've stopped using my DS-Xtreme. I got pissed off with the long loading times and sluggish menus. The R4 is quick, cheap and cheerful and now has superior compatibility.
smile.gif
Plus it's easier to skin!

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think my M3Lite Perfect, R4DS and 2 1GB mSD cards still set me back less than 130. o_o

I wonder how they'll try and sell those "unrivaled" features.

M3 Lite perfect ALONE goes for over 100 bucks. I hate M3, never bought anything from them, the prices are crazy.

obviously anyone with a brain will choose R4 over this
To be honest I've stopped using my DS-Xtreme. I got pissed off with the long loading times and sluggish menus. The R4 is quick, cheap and cheerful and now has superior compatibility.
smile.gif
Plus it's easier to skin!
The same here. It takes DS-X around 10-15 seconds to just enter "apps" menu. Really awful. And the build quality is so bad that I'm kinda afraid that the card may fall apart in my hands, the plastic feels so thin.

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But it has superior download play support [quote from Monkey01] hehe..

To me, I forgot the last time I actually used download play.. It's so limiting and slow loading and when everyone I know has a slot-1/2 flashcart.. It's really not difficult to play multi especially when they have the same great games I have on my flash media

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1