DS-Xtreme 16Gb officially announced

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
This all-in-one monster memory solution provides the obvious advantages of better compatibility, faster speeds, added features and ease of use for the consumer through the use of onboard memory.

can someone clear this up for me. So from the sounds of it this card is completly diffrent from the 4gb one ?. I wonder what they mean with better compatibilty since they dont talk about roms.

Sinkhead

yay p1ngpong.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
This all-in-one monster memory solution provides the obvious advantages of better compatibility, faster speeds, added features and ease of use for the consumer through the use of onboard memory.

can someone clear this up for me. So from the sounds of it this card is completly diffrent from the 4gb one ?. I wonder what they mean with better compatibilty since they dont talk about roms.

I don't think they are talking about the newer version being better than the old one, they are just talking about the benefits of built-in memory.

- Sam

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So when 'some of us' were kind of bitchin' back then when the first model was launched, about the arguably limited amount of memory, we were actually right and they released an upgraded card for the same price with 4x storage memory........
And still people don't find it that much worth of investment....
Ah...all the flames I got in the oder topics....
smile.gif

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:

"better compatibility"?

multiple cards have 100% compatibility, such as r4 and m3... what's "better" than 100%?

CronoTrig

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

GexX2

Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"better compatibility"?

multiple cards have 100% compatibility, such as r4 and m3... what's "better" than 100%?

101% compatibility.

imaginary games!! omgz no wai!! or it plays games that aren't released yet!?!

It's one of the features, it can download games from the FUTURE.
I lolled. HARD. Thanks.

I'm not even gonna comment on why this is a bad investment, as its been said multiple times now :3

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Why would ANYONE buy this? I just don't get it.
for its ease of use.

I'm afraid I broke my DS-Xtreme 4 gbits. I was testing my homebrew browser and, for some reason as I rebooted the DS, the DS-xtreme got somewhat corrupted and it seems to be unrecoverable.
Whenever I insert my DS-Xtreme into my DS and boot my DS, the DS just freezes past the initial warning screen.
And the PC doesn't recognize the DS-xtreme as a mass storage disk.
I used their replacement/temporary drivers, the recovery tool, did a low level formatting, and it didn't help. I could get the DS-xtreme recognized by windows as a storage device, I was able to format it and put anything on it -
but still, when I start my DS with the DS-xtreme inserted, the DS freezes and it corrupts the DS-xtreme again.

Anyway, like shaun I got fed up of the uber slow loading times of the menu, interface, etc. and especially the erratic "instant boot" feature. Sometimes it works fine, sometimes it doesn't load apps properly (eg. this happened to me a few times: I compiled a build of DShobro, put it on my DS-xtreme, booted the DS, turned the DS off, put a new build of DShobro on the cart, booted the DS and the DS-xtreme would STILL load the OLD build! gah! it's been driving me crazy) and also like 20% of the times the DSxtreme won't start at all, freezing while on the loading screen. GAH so many problems!
and also where is the USB debugging feature? we're still waiting for it...

So, I switched to R4 and so far I must admit I don't regret it.

rice151

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
G6Real 16Gb (2GB) vs. DS-X 16Gb (2GB) Round 1.
Fight...

-Both nand-flash memory-like
-Both slot-1
Oh wait, the DS-X has LED lights???
But the G6 Brand is a staple household name on the market? Oh wait..
"The new, bigger DS-Xtreme is undoubtedly the unrivalled leader in the Nintendo DS market."

I THINK THE DS-X WINS THIS ROUND!
tongue.gif

jtroye32

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"better compatibility"?

101% compatibility.

imaginary games!! omgz no wai!! or it plays games that aren't released yet!?!

It's one of the features, it can download games from the FUTURE.

I'm going to get one so I can play Duke Nukem Forever.

-EX-

Racer
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
G6Real 16Gb (2GB) vs. DS-X 16Gb (2GB) Round 1.
Fight...

-Both nand-flash memory-like
-Both slot-1
Oh wait, the DS-X has LED lights???
But the G6 Brand is a staple household name on the market? Oh wait..
"The new, bigger DS-Xtreme is undoubtedly the unrivalled leader in the Nintendo DS market."

I THINK THE DS-X WINS THIS ROUND!Â
tongue.gif
N-card clones use NAND flash memory as well.

XmemphistoX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't buy another product from the DS-X team. Not only are thier updates slow - heck I wouldn't even call them updates. The only thing the offerred in terms of updates were fixes to problems that shouldn't have been in there in the first place. First was the one with the corrupted saves, they fixed that problem. The 2nd was the QKIN issue which was totally unacceptable and took FOREVER to fix.

They claimed thier support would be top notch and many request for questions on thier message boards go unanswered. They are highly moderated and any badmouthing of the product gets immediatly edited or deleted. If you get the least bit upset about thier lack of updates, they will deem it "whining" which is considered "against the rules" and you may get banned.

FPGA - They boasted the awesomeness of this crap a lot. We still have yet to see any use out of it except the crappy 10-15 sec. load times.

DS-X is still far from perfect yet the last update we had was awhile back with no word on any future updates. Comon $130 for two updates?

So all in all, get a R4. My brother has it and it holds/loads a ton faster. It's cheaper and as far as I can tell, they still are updating the product. But you smart folks here at GBAtemp already know that.
smile.gif
Just giving some info for the newbies here from someone who has used both products.

juggernaut911

GBAtemp Slut!
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(Stupid Man handling club/ DS-X team) said:
Users will now have FOUR TIMES the memory, at an unbeatable value of $129.95 RRP.

The new, bigger DS-Xtreme is undoubtedly the unrivalled leader in the Nintendo DS market.
Ok so G6 DS Real beats all that...
and was this info released on April 1???
cool.gif

DS-X is dead!!!... and expensive

XmemphistoX

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oooh lets not forget. Broken promises.

- Debugger - Like Costello said. WTF is it?
- Skinning program - WTF is it?
- Any other system than windows support (in terms of Flashing Firmware) WTF is it?
ROFL - I remember they told users to go to a friends with windows to flash it. - Awesome support here.

I can only imagine the crap they would say to sell the 2GB version. Hey maybe itll even have 2 FPGA processors that do absolutely nothing. LEET!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday