Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Stormwave said:
I know my Previews aren't pixel perfect, I'm presently going for compatability over accuracy. In answer to your earlier question, I would love for JP to help out with this project. If his Previewer is more accurate than mine, it would be great if he could put his expertise into action on my Previews, but at the end of the day it's completely up to him
smile.gif
I'd love to attempt helping in fixing up the moonshell2.xml, though I dunno how perfect it is going to be (I'll try my best...). This program is a hell of a lot better than my previewer (although I still dislike the thought of other people being able to poke around with the moonshell2 and m3sakura source files, its not my call xD).
I like the new button command and hitzones (I can't do that with Autoit =D) though there is one thing that I feel isn't right (mainly noticed because I'm working on an AK skin). There are some firmwares that can take different sized images apart from the standard sizes and although it does load up the image correctly if you open the skin as a whole, you can't load a separate image that isn't the "correct size". In the case of the skin I'm working on, 8x1600 is definitely out of the "correct size".

Something I once wanted to do with my Moonshell2 previewer (but I'm too dam lazy to do xD) is to remove the size restriction. Cannonfoddr once tested what happens when the m3sakura.lst was modified along with an image that was larger than standard. This test really interested me (so I did a few of my own...although I still have a ton of other things I can still test).

The only other random improvements I could wish for...changing the 'iv' to 'image viewer', 'Day' to 'Digital', 'Evening' to 'Extra', 'Night' to 'Normal' for the Moonshell2, adding a little description for where each of the images are used (I haven't found out where AK uses the scrollbar images or those other images that nobody seems to use very often).

-edit-
I almost forgot. I felt that the WoodR4 button image was sort of lacking, so I fixed up the logo I made so that it fit the sizes. It doesn't really matter if you want to swap it, I just thought I might as well share it since I already have it.
woodlzi.jpg

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
jurassicplayer said:
... (mainly noticed because I'm working on an AK skin). Does this mean you're also working on the AK XML plugin ??? - If so I won't bother attempting that after I finished the DS2
jurassicplayer said:
Cannonfoddr once tested what happens when the m3sakura.lst was modified along with an image that was larger than standard. Bloody hell I forgot I even attempted that.
jurassicplayer
I haven't found out where AK uses the scrollbar images or those other images that nobody seems to use very often
I think you'll find that the scrollbar (& the small folder icons' IIRC) are used in the 'cheats database' menus

Oh - & I do like your 'Wood' logo better than mine.
-------
As for being 'pixel perfect' I'm not bothering with that - since I can't find a suitable (standard) windows font that looks the same as DStwo's - the positions don't quite match up

- as long as it gives people an idea what the overall effect looks like - I don't really care

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Does this mean you're also working on the AK XML plugin ??? - If so I won't bother attempting that after I finished the DS2

jurassicplayer said:
I haven't found out where AK uses the scrollbar images or those other images that nobody seems to use very often
I think you'll find that the scrollbar (& the small folder icons' IIRC) are used in the 'cheats database' menus
Lol, I'm not working on the plugin (I feel I know too little about where everything is placed to make a plugin for that). I'm just making a regular AK2 skin (and I'm going to submit it to NDSThemes xD). I must check those icons later.

-edit-
I dunno, I'd like most of it to be pixel perfect (makes it a lot easier to skin...especially since I don't really trust AKEdit).

Stormwave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Once I finished with this I MAY just make a start on the AKAIO XML for 'Stormwave'

That would be great CannonFoddr, if you choose to. The Previews are coming along nicely now, hopefully they'll all be done soon. (p.s. I'll be getting my DSTwo tomorrow, so I can try out your Previews properly
biggrin.gif
)

QUOTE said:
I'd love to attempt helping in fixing up the moonshell2.xml, though I dunno how perfect it is going to be (I'll try my best...).

If you could, that would be amazing. Most of the Moonshell2 stuff can be easily translated to the M3 Sakura XML aswell.

QUOTE said:
Something I once wanted to do with my Moonshell2 previewer (but I'm too dam lazy to do xD) is to remove the size restriction. Cannonfoddr once tested what happens when the m3sakura.lst was modified along with an image that was larger than standard. This test really interested me (so I did a few of my own...although I still have a ton of other things I can still test).

Yeah, I was aware of that being a limitation for other firmwares. I suppose I could remove the forced limitation, and perhaps replace it with a warning. "The dimensions of the selected image do not match the recommended dimensions. Are you sure you wish to use this image?", or something like that. I'll add that into the next version. Since the compiling of Sakura and Moonshell2 skins still use the MakeSkin.exe files, I could perhaps have the program auto-generate the "lst" files.

The only other random improvements I could wish for...changing the 'iv' to 'image viewer', 'Day' to 'Digital', 'Evening' to 'Extra', 'Night' to 'Normal' for the Moonshell2, adding a little description for where each of the images are used (I haven't found out where AK uses the scrollbar images or those other images that nobody seems to use very often).

I'll do all those things. To be honest, I completely guessed the "Day", "Evening" and "Night" thing, lol. I suppose I should've researched it, but I just saw the D, E and N and came to an assumption that it represented the time
biggrin.gif
I'll change that in the next version. I left the IV as IV since I had no idea what they were for, hehe.

*Edit*

Forgot to say, thanks for the Wood logo. I've put it into the next version.

Also, I'm finishing off the TouchPod Previews today, so if anyone has any requests as to which Previews I should work on next, please let me know.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country

Stormwave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yet another update!

- Added "InvertRect" Preview command (see "M3 TouchPod.xml" for usage)
- Renamed a few incorrectly labelled nodes in Moonshell2 and M3 Sakura
- Added TouchPod Previews (7 pages)
- Added CycloDS Previews (5 pages)
- Added main DSTT Preview (more to come in the near future)
- Added a "MouseOver" parameter to the "HitZone" command. See the "CycloDS.xml" for an advanced example of this. Very handy for rollovers.
- Added a "DateString" command. Similar to the String command but requires a "Format" parameter instead of "Text". Formats the currecnt time based on the given format. (e.g. "HH:mm:ss", see "CycloDS.xml" for usage
- Fixed several bugs
- Added DSTwo Loading Screen changed. Just go to the DSTwo skin maker, and goto Tools->Modify Loading Screen.
- Removed the size restriction, changed to a warning instead.
- Removed the requirement for all files to be added before "Saving". Added a warning instead. Moonshell2, M3 Sakura and M3 Kaura skins will not work unless all files have been added!
- Maybe more stuff I've forgotten

Thanks CannonFoddr for all the Previews! The program is starting to come together now
biggrin.gif

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Just a thought while using AKEdit, but are screenshots and animated screenshots going to be added to the program for AKAIO and the other skin types as well (always nicer to make previews when you don't have to piece them together...)? Also, now that I think about it, doesn't woodR4 use the same skins as AKAIO anyways xD?

Stormwave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Just a thought while using AKEdit, but are screenshots and animated screenshots going to be added to the program for AKAIO and the other skin types as well (always nicer to make previews when you don't have to piece them together...)?

Do you mean to have the ability to save the Preview screen as a screenshot, and alternate the screenshots as an animated GIF? If I'm correct then sure, I'll add that in. Good idea
smile.gif

QUOTEAlso, now that I think about it, doesn't woodR4 use the same skins as AKAIO anyways xD?

I was wondering about that. I know they are very similar. I noticed a couple of minor differences, one is that the AKAIO skins use the GBAFrame file (and I may be wrong, I've never used either, but I don't think Wood uses them). Also, a single INI command "spinBoxTextHiLightColor" is available in AKAIO skins but not Wood (as far as I am aware). Other than those two minor differences, they are identical.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
There's also extra graphics in AKAIO as well (I think they are used in the 'Cheats' menu) 'Scrollbar','folder' and 'arrows'. I think these have been around since AKAIO v1.3 or 1.4

I would guess that 'Wood' will just ignore these & if a 'Wood' skin is used on 'AKAIO' - then nothing is displayed on the 'Cheats'

Stormwave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, I've added the ability to save the Preview screens as a 256x384 image, in either BMP, JPG or PNG format, and to save all of the preview screens sequentially as a single animated GIF (comparatively low quality though, as animated GIFs are 256 colour paletted images).

When I upload the next version those features will be included.

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
Slight update to AKAIO XML - I had to redo some screens 'cos I've realize that I was basing the previews on AKEdit screens/menus - which are different to AKAIO 1.7
If only AKAIO had screenshot like moonshell2 TT-TT (it would be so helpful). I'm making a template skin for moonshell2 so I can just screenshot every screen and use those for the positioning xD.

One thing I found strange about the program, I attempted opening my skin folder and I'm not exactly sure what the problem is specifically, but it gives me back the all-mighty 'Out of memory'...The only thing I can think of that could be screwing my skin from opening would be the nonstandard images that I happen to have in there as well...its a testing skin xD.
************** Exception Text **************
System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename, Boolean useEmbeddedColorManagement)
at System.Drawing.Image.FromFile(String filename)
at Moonshell2.Moonshell2.ImportFile(String Name, String Filename)
at DS_Skin_Maker.Skin_Form.importFolderToolStripMenuItem_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Stormwave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Not entirely sure what could be causing that. The error is being thrown by dot net, and not by my program specifically. Most likely .Net is having trouble opening a particular image in your image folder. Not much I can do about that unfortunately (without writing an image library from scratch) :/ One thing I can do however is catch the error message and display the filename, so you'll know which image is causing the fault.

It shouldn't be an issue with the size or bit depth. Could the image be a non-standard format?

I'll add that in.

Stormwave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, updated again, version 0.41. Only a small update so only a small increment
smile.gif

- Added two more TTDS pages.
- Added CannonFoddr's most recent AKAIO.xml
- Added the ability to switch previews within a preview window (right click inside the preview window to open the menu)
- Added the ability to save the preview screens as BMP, JPG or PNG.
- Added the ability to save all preview screens as an animated GIF (accessible via the context menu inside a preview window).
- Added an optional backup option before patching DSGAME.nds when editting DSTwo Loading Screens

p.s. I presume the moderators don't mind me double posting when I release a new version?

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Lol Wolfspider asked the exact same question. Moderators seem fine with double posts as long as it is something important (my ysmenu generator is a fine example of my tripleposting power xD).

Apparently after testing more of my moonshell2 source files, I can't seem to get them to work (going from 'File' to either of the import folder options and both give me the out of memory) and even the default one doesn't seem to want to open, so I'm thinking its not just because of my random images (I attempted decompiling the monoblack skin and reloading it via import from folder and it still gives me the same thing). Taking from a .skn file still works perfectly though. It just seems that there is a problem with loading from folders.

-edit-
ouch xD, the animated gif really tears up the quality. It's probably not that great for a preview as it is, but hell the other options are great (so it animated previews can still be made manually without much effort).

-double edit-
I think it would be nice to be able to hide the skin selector thing after choosing a skin type (either system tray or a minimize button would be nice)

-triple edit-
Can the program support uninstalled fonts (because I felt the urge to finish my moonshell2 font since I thought it would be nice to have for both the M3Sakura and Moonshell2 previews)? Meh, I guess it doesn't matter either way if it is added or not (since I have my font installed on my computer xD), although maybe I should add a warning to my xml just in case I forget to change the font name back lol.
In any case, if anyone wants the moonshell2 font, here is a link xD:
http://www.mediafire.com/?nlgymwnmnnz

Stormwave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay, updated again!

- Added "Save All Previews" options to save all of the preview screens as PNG, BMP or JPG.
- Fixed a critical bug that was preventing importing Moonshell2 and Sakura skin files.
- The skin menu will now automatically minimize upon selecting an item

Problem should be fixed now jurassicplayer. It seems the program was incorrectly attempting to open the colortbl.ini file as an image. I can't quite believe that bug escaped me, I presume that the bug has been present since near the start of development (since I have barely touched the importing side of things since I started). Thanks for pointing it out!

Also added the ability to save all previews at once, which should make it much easier if you choose to make an animated preview manually.

-edit-

As for the fonts, I'll look into it. It's certainly possible, but I'm not sure how much work it will take to get it implemented.

Stormwave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Updated yet again, heh
smile.gif

- Added two new modes to DSTwo (Plugins and NDSGBA)
- Fixed several bugs to do with switching modes
- Added an optional "Mode" tag to preview pages, to allow seperate previews per mode

I got my DSTwo today! So I decided to ensure that all parts of it are skinnable, so I added two "modes" to the program.

To CannonFoddr:

I didn't make any preview pages for them, on the presumption that you might want to. If not, I don't mind making them now I can. The new "Mode" tag is used to seperate previews between modes.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Bloody hell - there's me trying to keep up & you're making MORE preview screen options .......
(I'm still tweaking the one's I've done so far) but if you fancy doing them I won't stop you
laugh.gif

As long as we don't end up doing the same ones there shouldn't be a problem

Stormwave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Bloody hell - there's me trying to keep up & you're making MORE preview screen options .......

hehe, aye. I tend to make more work for myself
smile.gif

I'll make those previews then, it shouldn't be too much work. I'll post in here when I'm done.

Stormwave

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New version!

I feel like I'm spamming :/

- Added two new modes to DSTwo (Plugins and NDSGBA)
- Fixed several bugs to do with switching modes
- Added an optional "Mode" tag to preview pages, to allow seperate previews per mode

The extra DSTwo modes are done as far as I am concerned, I don't think theres much more I can add to them (without repetition).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Sonic Angel Knight, Is that SAK I see. :ninja:
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What a weird game
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah I wanted to see shards of the titanic
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I kept thinking jaws was gonna come up and attack
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Jaws is on a diet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn power went out
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok xdqwerty, your little bro prob tripped On the cord and unplugged you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ya I'm afraid of the dark hug me
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Grab and hold close your AncientBoi doll.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Damn didn't charge my external battery either
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Take the batteries out of your SuperStabber3000... Or is it gas powered?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I stole batteries from your black mamba
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My frozen food better hold up for an hour I know that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else gonna be a big lunch and dinner tomorrow.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you pay your power bill? Or give all yo money to my wife, again.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good the estimated time is the same exact time they just said
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Load up your pc and monitor, and head to a McDonalds dining room, they have free WiFi
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sir please watch your porn in the bathroom
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No sir we can not sell you anymore apple pies, after what you did with the last one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We ran out
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    for your life
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My life has no value my fat ass is staying right here
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: My life has no value my fat ass is staying right here