DS Real System Software 2.1 Beta to be released soon

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by Deathstryker, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Deathstryker
    OP

Newcomer Deathstryker Member

United States
    Edit: Title should say "M3iZero/M3DS Real 3 System Software 2.1 Beta to be released soon." I messed it up somehow.

Source here.

Google Translation:

GBalpha (China) Co., Ltd. confirmed that the February 1st release M3i Zero and the M3DS Real with the 2.1 version of the new system. The so-called version 2.1 system is the integration of the original M3SAKURA system and TouchPod original system, based on the start menu (BootMenu) expanded on to add, that is, not to install the original M3SAKURA and TouchPod, users can also be attached BOOTMENU Options to achieve M3 all gaming operations.

2.1 The system relies on three Ranger GPS Navigator system kernel, the M3 system startup menu (BootMenu) the original and some system options for further expansion of switching function can be achieved independent functional operation. With Ranger interface engine to achieve a better effect of the dynamic operation, both TouchPod operation simplicity and stability, there SAKURA efficient implementation of the speed of the system.

[​IMG]

New start menu interface reference NDS / NDSL classic layout of the main interface is not only fast and user-friendly system settings, the game selection is quite convenient, for NDSi series host, can also be restored through the M3i Zero experience NDS / NDSL classic style of the main interface for operation . In the Start menu interface, the top of the menu item you can choose the last name of the game, through the button can also display a list of all recent games, the bottom of the menu items can be set to one its most popular game or a program shortcut to the software to facilitate the direct rapid run.

Start Menu as a separate table systems, functionality is still vague, games, soft reset, real-time archiving, slow-motion settings, Goldfinger options and interface language choices readily available to switch the skin. NDS demand for M3, as peripheral products, adhering to the "as customers continue to create value-added" service concept, in the latter part of NDS market continued to provide significant enhancements to the continued creation of rich functionality for customers operating experience.

GBalpha ongoing active technical reserves and corporate restructuring, but also GBalpha following the market, production and the internationalization of capital, the international performance of the technology.GBalpha The ultimate goal is to manufacture in China, R & D and sales operations with its global network of integration, the integration of operations in order to cope with the winds of change in the future of the gaming market.

2. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    Cool, I like the calendar.

3. Flame

Member Flame Me > You

i didnt understand anything. we getting a new firmware?

4. Nimbus

Member Nimbus sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1

United Kingdom
    Oh what absolute hawtness! I like this, but not as much as my Acekard.

I still like my M3DS Real though, and how could I not. It was my first flashcart after all!

5. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    interesting..

first, frequent update
    second, new interface

they are working real hard

6. Joe88

Member Joe88 [λ]

United States
    wonder if this has anything due to the supercard evolution new menu being released next week also

anyway im still confused what this whole thing is saying
    what is it exactly?

7. Crystal the Glaceon

Member Crystal the Glaceon GBAtemp Inkling™ Squishies~

Antarctica
    Well this looks interesting, I can't wait to give it run through when it comes out ^-^

8. kingcold9

Newcomer kingcold9 Member

United States
    looks nice, i wonder if its just a frontend loader for sakura and touchpod though

9. powered_by_tux

Member powered_by_tux GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Wow, this is interesting. Although I don't quite know what that is, it looks definitely better than the cherry blossom Sakura. [​IMG]

From the Engrish I gather that it aims to unite the slickness of Sakura and the compatibility of TouchPod but whether it will merge those firmwares or just be a launcher for them (if not, then why those Sakura and TouchPod buttons?) is not clear.

10. Hatsu

Banned Hatsu Someone's been killing, eh?

Australia
    I really want this! I lost my M3DS Real though. [​IMG]

11. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    Looks like that screenshot is based on the acekard firmware (same as the new supercard firmware).

12. Frederica Bernkastel

Member Frederica Bernkastel WebPerf and PWA advocate; @antoligy on Twitter

United Kingdom
    you can blame that chinese fucker who cracked it.

13. Normmatt

Member Normmatt Former AKAIO Programmer

New Zealand
    the acekard rpg source code is open source so they are free to use it but still doesn't look good them taking some other teams firmware code and using it as there own.

14. DCG

Member DCG GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    I dont know how they will be using the ranger gps stuff, the review on ranger gps said it is not very good.
    I hope it has improved or that the "old" system will be updated aswell.

15. Dark^'^Knigh

Member Dark^'^Knigh GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    Only thing is you'll have to remove Tri-Boot [​IMG]
    But, I'm sure everyone will sitting on the edge of their seats, waiting for you to incorporate the new FW into YOUR Tri-Boot.

16. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    Why do you think that? I don't see any resemblance. Am I missing something?

17. niu

Member niu GBAtemp Fan

United States
    2.1 is more like DS/DSL GUI interface

Unlike AKAIO

18. Deathstryker
    OP

Newcomer Deathstryker Member

United States
    It's mainly what I got from it, although it does mention something about performance being better. Damn translations.

19. Excellentnuke

Member Excellentnuke GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    It looks as if it's just a new loader. If that's true, I wonder what the other two buttons are for [​IMG]

20. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    Well it said it'd be based off the Ranger GPS kernel, so unless that had code from the acekard firmware it's doubtful.

I'm thinking this is just a replacement for the dual boot message whenever you hold A when starting up your M3(i). From my understanding you can do numerous things including: changing the brightness, quick selecting a game, and going back to the DSi menu. But this is just speculation from the badly translated description.