Hacking DS Real System Software 2.1 Beta to be released soon

Deathstryker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: Title should say "M3iZero/M3DS Real 3 System Software 2.1 Beta to be released soon." I messed it up somehow.

Source here.

Google Translation:

GBalpha (China) Co., Ltd. confirmed that the February 1st release M3i Zero and the M3DS Real with the 2.1 version of the new system. The so-called version 2.1 system is the integration of the original M3SAKURA system and TouchPod original system, based on the start menu (BootMenu) expanded on to add, that is, not to install the original M3SAKURA and TouchPod, users can also be attached BOOTMENU Options to achieve M3 all gaming operations.

2.1 The system relies on three Ranger GPS Navigator system kernel, the M3 system startup menu (BootMenu) the original and some system options for further expansion of switching function can be achieved independent functional operation. With Ranger interface engine to achieve a better effect of the dynamic operation, both TouchPod operation simplicity and stability, there SAKURA efficient implementation of the speed of the system.

10012920155714.jpg

New start menu interface reference NDS / NDSL classic layout of the main interface is not only fast and user-friendly system settings, the game selection is quite convenient, for NDSi series host, can also be restored through the M3i Zero experience NDS / NDSL classic style of the main interface for operation . In the Start menu interface, the top of the menu item you can choose the last name of the game, through the button can also display a list of all recent games, the bottom of the menu items can be set to one its most popular game or a program shortcut to the software to facilitate the direct rapid run.

Start Menu as a separate table systems, functionality is still vague, games, soft reset, real-time archiving, slow-motion settings, Goldfinger options and interface language choices readily available to switch the skin. NDS demand for M3, as peripheral products, adhering to the "as customers continue to create value-added" service concept, in the latter part of NDS market continued to provide significant enhancements to the continued creation of rich functionality for customers operating experience.

GBalpha ongoing active technical reserves and corporate restructuring, but also GBalpha following the market, production and the internationalization of capital, the international performance of the technology.GBalpha The ultimate goal is to manufacture in China, R & D and sales operations with its global network of integration, the integration of operations in order to cope with the winds of change in the future of the gaming market.

Nimbus

sudo /usr/bin make-me-a-coffee --nosugar --cream=1
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh what absolute hawtness! I like this, but not as much as my Acekard.

I still like my M3DS Real though, and how could I not. It was my first flashcart after all!

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wonder if this has anything due to the supercard evolution new menu being released next week also

anyway im still confused what this whole thing is saying
what is it exactly?

powered_by_tux

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, this is interesting. Although I don't quite know what that is, it looks definitely better than the cherry blossom Sakura.
wink2.gif

From the Engrish I gather that it aims to unite the slickness of Sakura and the compatibility of TouchPod but whether it will merge those firmwares or just be a launcher for them (if not, then why those Sakura and TouchPod buttons?) is not clear.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Antoligy said:
Normmatt said:
Looks like that screenshot is based on the acekard firmware (same as the new supercard firmware).
you can blame that chinese fucker who cracked it.

the acekard rpg source code is open source so they are free to use it but still doesn't look good them taking some other teams firmware code and using it as there own.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I dont know how they will be using the ranger gps stuff, the review on ranger gps said it is not very good.
I hope it has improved or that the "old" system will be updated aswell.

Dark^'^Knigh

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
A Gay Little Cat Boy said:
Well this looks interesting, I can't wait to give it run through when it comes out ^-^
Only thing is you'll have to remove Tri-Boot
cry.gif

But, I'm sure everyone will sitting on the edge of their seats, waiting for you to incorporate the new FW into YOUR Tri-Boot.

Deathstryker

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kingcold9 said:
looks nice, i wonder if its just a frontend loader for sakura and touchpod though

It's mainly what I got from it, although it does mention something about performance being better. Damn translations.

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
Looks like that screenshot is based on the acekard firmware (same as the new supercard firmware).

Well it said it'd be based off the Ranger GPS kernel, so unless that had code from the acekard firmware it's doubtful.

I'm thinking this is just a replacement for the dual boot message whenever you hold A when starting up your M3(i). From my understanding you can do numerous things including: changing the brightness, quick selecting a game, and going back to the DSi menu. But this is just speculation from the badly translated description.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.