DS ONE card

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by leeagt, Dec 2, 2011.

Dec 2, 2011

DS ONE card by leeagt at 10:01 AM (1,006 Views / 0 Likes) 11 replies

1. leeagt
    OP

Newcomer leeagt Member

United Kingdom
    Folks i know its an old card but my mum really wants it updated to play the new professor layton game. Can someone please point me in the direction f the latest firmware for the card TIA

2. Terminator02

Member Terminator02 ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ

United States
  3. navilink

Newcomer navilink Member

Malaysia
    Being long time since I touched my NDS (without the i).. went to the site to search for latest firmware for my SuperCard DS One.. but confused with all the new stuffs like Eos or Evolution terms.. anyone can explain which version to get?

4. xxNathanxx

Member xxNathanxx GBAtemp Regular

Tonga
    If your DSONE is old: DSONE SDHC Evolution V1.0 SP6_20110427 (eng)(2011-04-27)

If your DSONE is really, really old: DSONE Evolution V1.0 SP6_20110427 (eng) (2011-04-27)

5. navilink

Newcomer navilink Member

Malaysia
    Thanks! Manage to load up the new firmware, but then all my old save files cannot be used! Guess have to load back old firmware :(

6. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    re-name them all with .sav as the ending and they'll be good to go.

7. navilink

Newcomer navilink Member

Malaysia
    doesn't work for me.. try to renamed the old sav (those with 8 characters only) to the same long name as the rom but seems corrupted..

8. jimmyemunoz

United States
    Google "Defraggler" download it and run your saves through it. People swear by this program.

9. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    :/...why are you suggesting things that I have only heard WoodR4 users ever need to do...
    OP: Did your save files still work with the older firmware? Actually come to think of it, why do you even need your old saves if you aren't even really playing the games anyways xD? Anyways, possibly try converting a sav file using shunyweb to the R4/TTDS/etc. type (kind of only going to work if your flashcart is like...really old probably).

10. navilink

Newcomer navilink Member

Malaysia
    That program is to defragment file, can it really recover my sav files???

i was playing games halfway last time before leaving it to collect dust for about 1yr+, so now looking back to finish all my games..

11. jimmyemunoz

United States
    @navilink Yes that program can defragment your save files.

@JurassicPlayer I wanted to him to make sure all his files ended in .sav and I don't know why he would need shunyweb as the firmware was updated so the card is the same. He didn't change saves from one card to another. I think his best bet is the program "defraggler."

12. jurassicplayer

Member jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

United States
    From what I can understand, a certain long time ago there was a separate .sav format for the "Supercard One". Assuming that the people who made save converters aren't retards, I would like to imagine that the possibility of the OP having an extremely older version of the kernel (and it isn't called firmware) which might actually have said save format and thus it could be potentially useful as I'm fairly certain the newer EOS also uses the regular .sav format of the R4/DSTT/DSTWO/EZVi/etc. Similarly, I fail to see how his save files would not end in .sav unless for some odd reason he DID end up with a corrupt microSD, in which case it would probably be blatantly obvious that something has gone terribly wrong.
    I have no idea how defragging is going to do anything because for the most part, defragmentation doesn't provide any real advantages in flash memory nor is it going to repair any corrupted files...Only the WoodM3 really deals with problems regarding fragmentation.

I also found a thread that seemed to have had similar issues...but unfortunately it wasn't resolved...
    http://forum.supercard.sc/thread-8226-1-1.html

Sort of a last ditch attempt (well...you could always try that defraggler suggestion I suppose :mellow: ...), you could just have the EOS create a new save file and then rename your old save to the new one and replace it (if the save sizes are the same anyways) and see if that works...