Hacking DS Lite not turning on

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
My DS Lite just got a broken hinge, and the top screen's ribbon cable broke because of that. So I got a new case and a new top LCD.

I have swapped both the case and the top LCD, and when I turn the system on, the LED blinks up for like, a second (in green), and turns off.

Why? What could be the problem?

Any help appreciated...

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
This is often caused by a part not being connected properly, if anything's missing on startup the DS will power off instantly. Seeing as you've played with the top screen that'd be my first guess. Check the ribbon cable is pushed into the socket all the way before locking it in place, they go in further than you might think. If that fails, check any other parts you detached during the case replacement.

SkH

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Psyfira said:
This is often caused by a part not being connected properly, if anything's missing on startup the DS will power off instantly. Seeing as you've played with the top screen that'd be my first guess. Check the ribbon cable is pushed into the socket all the way before locking it in place, they go in further than you might think. If that fails, check any other parts you detached during the case replacement.
Thank you Psyfira! Will look at it tomorrow!
smile.gif

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try re-adjusting the ribbon cables, un-plugging and re-plugging in the ribbon cables, etc. You might have connected something incorrectly. Otherwise, something might be wrong with your DS.

1. If both screens don't flash when the DS turns on, you've blown a fuse.
2. If the fuse is fine, and both screens don't flash, then both screens aren't working.
3. If one screen flashes, one of the screens aren't working. When the DS powers [on and] off, the working screen will flash, while the non-working screen won't.
4. If both screens flash, there might be a power problem. Re-insert the battery, or charge the DS (if the LED is red).

BlackDave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm guessing you soldered the speakers on the new ribbons, right? If so maybe you burned the ribbon....

I have to fix my manager's DS (lol i'm still laughing at that sentence) the top screen ribbon is messed up so i also got a 30W soldering iron (i'm gonna have to be reeeeaaaaal careful).

But I think you can play ds lite without speakers it doesn't affect anything else

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1