Hardware NDSL bottom screen "green static"

leanoni

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hello everyone. I was hoping you could help me out.

I was playing in my NDSL when it fell from my chest to the bed (nothing serious) and the bottom screen suddenly had this "green static", mainly on the left side of the screen (picture attached).

My first action was to disassemble it and reconnect the ribbon cables. This didn't work so I then thought it was the lcd screen that was failing due to time. So I bought a used working ndsl on fb's marketplace and switched the bottom screen. The issue still remained with the newly acquired bottom lcd screen and my supposedly broken lcd screen worked perfectly on the other ndsl.

So now I think is a motherboard problem and was hoping that someone had any clue on what could it be.

Here is a picture of the "green static" on my original motherboard+screen in the ndsl I bought from marketplace.
green static.jpg

Thanks in advanced.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello everyone. I was hoping you could help me out.

I was playing in my NDSL when it fell from my chest to the bed (nothing serious) and the bottom screen suddenly had this "green static", mainly on the left side of the screen (picture attached).

My first action was to disassemble it and reconnect the ribbon cables. This didn't work so I then thought it was the lcd screen that was failing due to time. So I bought a used working ndsl on fb's marketplace and switched the bottom screen. The issue still remained with the newly acquired bottom lcd screen and my supposedly broken lcd screen worked perfectly on the other ndsl.

So now I think is a motherboard problem and was hoping that someone had any clue on what could it be.

Here is a picture of the "green static" on my original motherboard+screen in the ndsl I bought from marketplace.
View attachment 399042

Thanks in advanced.
It would have to be a fault on the mainboard since you eliminated the screen or ribbon cable being the issue. Either the ribbon connector being damaged/corroded or a cracked solder joint on one of the chips that deals with video out would be the most likely causes. It seems unlikely that the solder joint cracked just from being dropped on a bed, but the solder joint might've already been weak or damaged from previous drops.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto