Hacking DS Iplayer Compatible with Evolution?

Matthew

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I found this on the Chinese SuperCard Forum as its in Chinese I was relying on Google Translate:

QUOTE said:
1?????????????????????txt,bmp,jpg???????? ????????????????R4?TT?
2????????4?????????????
4??????MicroSD???? ??SDHC? FAT?FAT32?
5???????????????????????????????????????
6???GBA/ SNES????
7???????4???
8????????????????????????????
9?????BMP, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, GIF, TXT, PDF????

dsi??????????DSi????GBA???????iPlayer

?????????????DSTWO???

Google translated it into:

QUOTE1. Real-time functionality: Instant Archive (enhanced), RealTime Game (txt, bmp, jpg) and real-time cheat. (More stable, easier to use,Goldfinger is compatible with R4 andTT)
2. Multiple archive (up to 4), easy to backup and restore archive.
4. Support unlimited MicroSD memory card. Support for SDHC. FAT or FAT32.
5. Multiple languages (English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, French, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Spanish)
6. Built-in GBA / SNES emulator.
7. Slow-motion action (4).
8. Document management system (copy, paste, cut and removed,to support long filenames).
9. E-book (BMP, JPEG, JPG, PNG, TIF, GIF, TXT, PDF format).

dsi hosts can also use (which can be in the DSi console to run GBA games),is compatible with iPlayer

I'll add, it is now able to confirm the function of the DSTWO

Does anyone have a better translation as it seems to me that the Iplayer will support the new Evolution Firmware.

I may be completely wrong.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wonder though.....a cart with the iPlayer chip in it would just have to eat the batteries like nobody's business.

I remember how the CycloDS was before they added battery saver mode compared to my old original R4. I got like half the battery life out of the Cyclo.....once they added battery saver though, the battery life became comparable to the R4.

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
I just wonder though.....a cart with the iPlayer chip in it would just have to eat the batteries like nobody's business.

I remember how the CycloDS was before they added battery saver mode compared to my old original R4. I got like half the battery life out of the Cyclo.....once they added battery saver though, the battery life became comparable to the R4.
Reportedly, when the extra hardware isn't in use, it's off and not consuming any extra battery power. I can't confirm this myself, but from what I've read of those who've tested it out on this forum...

niu

Trophies
Website
blog.sina.com.tw
XP
Country
United States
SC DSTWO also have power-saving mode, but can be expected, the card will still eat battery than any other card.

EOS is currently mainly DSone/SDHC/i
Guess DSTWO will use a different EOS

In fact I am not optimistic about DSTWO

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Is it available already? I think this is talking about the DS2 version of EOS. I figured the iPlayer would be compatible with EOS. If not someone was probably going to try to hack it to work. I can't wait to try it out as my iPlayer is sleeping in it's case atm.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be an interesting idea. Unfortunately I don't think any of the people who got the beta Evolution OS have an iPlayer to test it with at the moment.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I'm skeptical. Sounds more like a Google Translate fail.

I'm pretty certain they wouldn't go and lose DSTWO sales like that. After all, if it is the same hardware, people would just go for an iPlayer, and they would lose a lot of money. Also the whole aim of the iPlayer was not having commercial ROM support.

I don't see this as happening.

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
raulpica said:
I'm skeptical. Sounds more like a Google Translate fail.

I'm pretty certain they wouldn't go and lose DSTWO sales like that. After all, if it is the same hardware, people would just go for an iPlayer, and they would lose a lot of money. Also the whole aim of the iPlayer was not having commercial ROM support.

I don't see this as happening.

The iPlayer was probably a marketing strategy by the Supercard Team to see if actually making the DS2 (mainly developing EOS) would be cost effective. They also could use it as a way to increase sells. People who got an iPlayer wanted ROM support and would probably jump all over the DS2 because it has what the iPlayer doesn't. I could be way off base with this, but it's becoming more evident over time. Guess time will tell. /conspiracy theory #1345662

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
As far as I read in the official English forums, is more like the GBA emulator for the Iplayer is compatible with the EOS. And yes, it appears the IPlayer was a marketing test for the SCDSTWO

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DanTheManMS said:
That would be an interesting idea. Unfortunately I don't think any of the people who got the beta Evolution OS have an iPlayer to test it with at the moment.
PharaohVizier has the beta firmware and has a iPlayer

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Soma Cruz said:
jakob95 said:
DanTheManMS said:

ask it to him if he would!

I posted above that it doesnt fucking work, can't you fuckers read?

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Normmatt said:
Soma Cruz said:
jakob95 said:
DanTheManMS said:

It seems that most members ignore your posts. You tell us that AKAIO isn't dead but people still post is AKAIO dead.

cornaljoe

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
Normmatt said:
Soma Cruz said:
jakob95 said:
DanTheManMS said:

It seems that most members ignore your posts. You tell us that AKAIO isn't dead but people still post is AKAIO dead.

Lol, I was thinking that when I saw that post but didn't comment. If I'm not mistaken I believe the current betas only work on DS1 not DS2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm back