Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Why tell people to use this on 3ds over twloader when the touch screen does not work on 3ds? No new bootstrap release yet so why should we use something that breaks touch screen input? Am I the only one who sees the logic to this?
the text on the github release says the touchscreen issue will be fixed

vinzanity

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not sure if this is a bug, but the L button to return to previous page of DSiware doesn't seem to work. Pressing R to go to next page works though.
Edit: I just modified the settings to go back to PAGE 0, but it becomes a pain when pressing R accidentally :-). By the way why is it that when I press down on the DSIware page it goes back to display the DSIWAREs but I cannot launch any of them then when I press up and the screen is refreshed, it's ok again.

Last edited by vinzanity,

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Got no problem with the touchscreen while playing Layton and The Diabolical Box on my o2ds (Game on SD, CFW Luma latest, 11.6 fw)
I don't understand! Either the touch screen works or it doesn't. The 2ds and 3ds are basically the same. Does the touch screen work on 3ds? Yes or no? About to take a hammer to my 3ds.

Also is there a fix for the dsiware selection where the L button will not work to go back a page on the dsi? I've had to delete my settings file a few times just to get it back to the first page.

Games Xtreme

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gamesxtremes-gaming-and-modding.blogspot.de
XP
Country
Germany
You need a cart with matching save type as the ROM.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

DSiMenu++ Launcher v1.1.0

What's new?
  • Launcher's version number is now shown.

What's new? (Returning from TWLoader)
  • Menu sound effects
  • DS/DSi boot screen
  • Notification LED color setting, with green and rainbow colors
I could not get the my flashcard to work. Unlike TW Loader there is no menu in DSiMenu ++ to select a flashcard. In TWLoader I used TWLoader to launch my roms from my DSTT that would normally not load in the 3DS home menu. Now nothing works. I copied all files as described in there locations on the 3DS SD card and on the SD card on the flashcard. DSiMenu++ crashes if I start my flashcard from it and if I put that flashcard in my DS Lite it refuses to start and gives me "error 1". Do you have any idea what goes wrong?

ChipJockey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As far as I really like that change from TWLoader to DSiMenu++... I have a problem with running games from it on my 3DS.
For example: on my 3DS it restarts to HOME Menu after selecting any title and even after turning on Quick-start ROM, it's not working pretty well. New Super Mario Bros. throws out "Could not erase data" error after launching. Some titles on the other hand freeze on "Creating save file...." screen.
Tried to run MKDS and it loads without any problem, but for some reason, it automatically skips every demo screen in the game. Same goes with Sonic Rush. Automatically skips to the title screen, skipping characters introduction.
I have no idea what is going on or what am I doing wrong.

Last edited by ChipJockey,

PowerPixel

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't understand! Either the touch screen works or it doesn't. The 2ds and 3ds are basically the same. Does the touch screen work on 3ds? Yes or no? About to take a hammer to my 3ds.

Also is there a fix for the dsiware selection where the L button will not work to go back a page on the dsi? I've had to delete my settings file a few times just to get it back to the first page.

The only problem i faced were lags in ingame (expected), no sound in video clips, and whenever i want to launch a game, i need to search it in the sd, click on a, gets me back to the home menu then relaunch dsi menu ++ and select last-ran game instead of start dsi menu++

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

This was the very first release targeting the 3DS. Of course there are problems.

Deleted member 424658

Annoying Weaboo Girl
Trophies
Website
www.reddit.com
XP
Country
United States
It's not an important issue becuase right now 3DS owners can till use TWLoader. It's been discontinued but it didn't stop working.
My point is, this should've been tested more before the release. Especially for such a giant flaw that you couldn't possibly ignore.

Reactions: sion_zaphod

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
My point is, this should've been tested more before the release. Especially for such a giant flaw that you couldn't possibly ignore.
Perhaps it was a rushed release but the incomplete savedata support in nds-bootstrap shows the present state of affairs.
I guess Robz8 is just trying to get things done by focusing on one detail at a time.

brunocar

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Perhaps it was a rushed release but the incomplete savedata support in nds-bootstrap shows the present state of affairs.
I guess Robz8 is just trying to get things done by focusing on one detail at a time.
yep, i mean, the DSi version isnt even that different from SRloader's last build, the NES emulator is still shit (there are better DS NES emulators) and GBArunner2 is still outdated

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why tell people to use this on 3ds over twloader when the touch screen does not work on 3ds? No new bootstrap release yet so why should we use something that breaks touch screen input? Am I the only one who sees the logic to this?
Well, I didn't know the new rebooting into selected game method won't work for some users (me included), so I added the Quick-start ROM option to work around that issue, so as a result, the touch input won't work when using that option, and the issue won't be fixed, 'til there's new bootstrap version released.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I could not get the my flashcard to work. Unlike TW Loader there is no menu in DSiMenu ++ to select a flashcard. In TWLoader I used TWLoader to launch my roms from my DSTT that would normally not load in the 3DS home menu. Now nothing works. I copied all files as described in there locations on the 3DS SD card and on the SD card on the flashcard. DSiMenu++ crashes if I start my flashcard from it and if I put that flashcard in my DS Lite it refuses to start and gives me "error 1". Do you have any idea what goes wrong?
Did you put the "_nds" folder on the flashcard root? Error 1 means that the file trying to be booted is not found.
Touch input works for him, because he's not using the Quick-start ROM option.
I only had one page of DSiWare, so didn't know that bug was even a thing.
As far as I really like that change from TWLoader to DSiMenu++... I have a problem with running games from it on my 3DS.
For example: on my 3DS it restarts to HOME Menu after selecting any title and even after turning on Quick-start ROM, it's not working pretty well. New Super Mario Bros. throws out "Could not erase data" error after launching. Some titles on the other hand freeze on "Creating save file...." screen.
Tried to run MKDS and it loads without any problem, but for some reason, it automatically skips every demo screen in the game. Same goes with Sonic Rush. Automatically skips to the title screen, skipping characters introduction.
I have no idea what is going on or what am I doing wrong.
The touch issue when using the Quick-start ROM option is the cause of your issue. Will be fixed in the next nds-bootstrap version.
Is that just on 3DS?
Yes. That's why I said "DSiMenu++ Launcher", not "DSiMenu++".

Last edited by RocketRobz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att is displaying prices like it's an ingredients list now lol