Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
After updating, I tried running LEGO Indiana Jones: The Adventure Continues (It wasn't on the list and I owned it, so I thought I might as well try). The game works fine other than music repeats and long transitions, but my question is, is it normal for some games to be constantly using both screens for one display, swapping between the two and other uh, strange effects? I notice this only on the opening logos and save menu. I'd just like to know if this is a common occurrence.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After updating, I tried running LEGO Indiana Jones: The Adventure Continues (It wasn't on the list and I owned it, so I thought I might as well try). The game works fine other than music repeats and long transitions, but my question is, is it normal for some games to be constantly using both screens for one display, swapping between the two and other uh, strange effects? I notice this only on the opening logos and save menu. I'd just like to know if this is a common occurrence.
Try setting clock speed to NTR.

SCOTT0852

shiny rubber creature
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like it's an SDK 5 game. Those can't save yet, unless you have a donor cart inserted (a cart with the same save chip). Using a cart as a donor cart will delete the save on it though.

Sirius64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to figure out launching DSiWare. I have the games' folders in SD:/Title/00030004/* , and the .argv files pointing to them. In SRLoader, the games are labeled correctly and have their little animated icons and everything looks great.

But, when I launch any of them, the screen goes black, then white, then fades into the "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off." screen.

Any idea what's up?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to figure out launching DSiWare. I have the games' folders in SD:/Title/00030004/* , and the .argv files pointing to them. In SRLoader, the games are labeled correctly and have their little animated icons and everything looks great.

But, when I launch any of them, the screen goes black, then white, then fades into the "An error has occurred. Press and hold the Power Button to turn the system off." screen.

Any idea what's up?
Do they launch outside of SRLoader?

Reactions: Sirius64

Sirius64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's your issue. They have to show up and be launchable from the regular DSi Menu, in order for them to be launchable in SRLoader.
I see. Sorry, I figured that if it could bypass the title limit of the main menu, it would get past whatever's making the system delete the files, too.

I don't suppose you'd have an idea as to why it doesn't work in the first place, would you?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see. Sorry, I figured that if it could bypass the title limit of the main menu, it would get past whatever's making the system delete the files, too.

I don't suppose you'd have an idea as to why it doesn't work in the first place, would you?
Your .tmd is probably incorrect.

Reactions: Sirius64

Sirius64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your .tmd is probably incorrect.
That was it. Every guide I'd read pointed to an archive of TMDs labelled to match each app, to be renamed and put in the "content" folder. I just got one from NUS Downloader, and now everything's running as it should be.

Sorry for taking so much of your time, and thank you for putting up with me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt