Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Sinrion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello, I've encountered a error on Twilight Menu on a Flash Card, with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sky.

When I start it up, it loads and simply ends up in a Twilight Menu Restart.

I've seen a post about the Game not working in here, but that was from like 2019 (with NDS Bootstrap 0.18.0) from a console SD.

But otherwise in the compatibility list, it's stated as working in a much older version (well, besides some heavy slowdowns .. but I wanted to see if that still persist).

Using a R4iLS Clone.

Anything special I could try to do, to get it working?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I've encountered a error on Twilight Menu on a Flash Card, with Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sky.

When I start it up, it loads and simply ends up in a Twilight Menu Restart.

I've seen a post about the Game not working in here, but that was from like 2019 (with NDS Bootstrap 0.18.0) from a console SD.

But otherwise in the compatibility list, it's stated as working in a much older version (well, besides some heavy slowdowns .. but I wanted to see if that still persist).

Using a R4iLS Clone.

Anything special I could try to do, to get it working?
Delete "usrcheat.dat" from "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/extras/".

RetrogamingAddict

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Playing ctgp nitro on dsi, in the readme, it says if on 3ds/dsi and when using twilight menu, one should disable this option "SWI Halt Hook". I can't find it anywhere.

RetrogamingAddict

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Why do i have this when i start my dsi xl?
I never messed with anything, i was playing nsmb this afternoon, tonight when i started my dsi i get this instead of the normal start up screen!
I have modded it, and use twilightmenu.

Edit: when i went further into the menu i found a folder with the whole library of vboy games 😲😲 what kind of sorcery is this? I even googled this and it seems some dsi systems have a black magic spell on them. Guess i am lucky, even my dsi xl screen now has a 3d effect just like the 3ds screens.

Happy april fools, it's actually an easter egg put by developpers. This screen would appear 3 times a year, the release dates of virtual boy in japan/usa/europe😅

Attachments

• IMG_20240401_015109_909.jpg
    IMG_20240401_015109_909.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 8
Last edited by RetrogamingAddict,

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by RocketRobz,

TempGamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
v26.9.0
Includes nds-bootstrap v1.4.1

What's new?​

• Added support for the new `.ntrb` format, made by Skylark and @rvtr. This is used for ShaberuSoft applications, discovered by them + @Kaisaan in NitroSDK.
  • Applied link-time optimization in order to trim out unused code.
  • N5 autoboot files have been discovered to work on R4-PLUS flashcards.
ShaberuSoft applications are hosted here: https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/shaberusoft-logging/releases/tag/v0.0.1
I like how DS Homebrew advanced so MUCH to the point you can actually play Sonic '22!
This OUTSPEEDS '06 in every possible way to the point where I actually have even more faith on that project compared to '06!

(Huh? What do you mean there's a fan-made project of '06 that's improves it? Can it play on the DS???)

Reactions: RocketRobz

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
v26.9.0
Includes nds-bootstrap v1.4.1

What's new?​

• Added support for the new `.ntrb` format, made by Skylark and @rvtr. This is used for ShaberuSoft applications, discovered by them + @Kaisaan in NitroSDK.
  • Applied link-time optimization in order to trim out unused code.
  • N5 autoboot files have been discovered to work on R4-PLUS flashcards.
ShaberuSoft applications are hosted here: https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/shaberusoft-logging/releases/tag/v0.0.1

I'm impressed @rvtr & Skylark not_bad_obama.png

Reactions: rvtr

JM_PV

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I'm trying to run an AP patched ROM of Professor Layton and the Call of the Spectre. In Drastic emulator for Android it works, but when I forward it and try to play it using the latest version of NDS bootstrap in my New 3DS the AP jumps of and gets me stuck on a loop in the first puzzle.

How do I fix this?

I'm trying to play a ROM in Spanish (my native language

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dsi twlight with 3ds theme, starting browser from top icon crash 💥
there is some solution?
View attachment 429435
What is happening, exactly?
Post automatically merged:

I'm trying to run an AP patched ROM of Professor Layton and the Call of the Spectre. In Drastic emulator for Android it works, but when I forward it and try to play it using the latest version of NDS bootstrap in my New 3DS the AP jumps of and gets me stuck on a loop in the first puzzle.

How do I fix this?

I'm trying to play a ROM in Spanish (my native language
You need to use a clean non-AP-patched ROM. If TWiLight Menu++ is not installed, ensure "apFix.pck" is placed in "sd:/_nds/ntr-forwarder/".

JM_PV

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
What is happening, exactly?
Post automatically merged:

You need to use a clean non-AP-patched ROM. If TWiLight Menu++ is not installed, ensure "apFix.pck" is placed in "sd:/_nds/ntr-forwarder/".
Thank you so much! I don't know why it doesn't work if I forward it to access directly from the main 3ds menu. I installed Twilight++ and playing from there the AP thingy is gone!

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much! I don't know why it doesn't work if I forward it to access directly from the main 3ds menu. I installed Twilight++ and playing from there the AP thingy is gone!
Weird, try updating the nds-bootstrap forwarder pack. The forwarder should've read the AP-fix pack from TWLMenu++.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

ryba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Well. New TWiLight Menu++ with new nds-bootsrap (my sd card died during erasing old files, so I had to reformat it - sh...t)
But Metroid Prime Pinball still runs slow on DSlite with R4 Flashcart.

nitrozz

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well. New TWiLight Menu++ with new nds-bootsrap (my sd card died during erasing old files, so I had to reformat it - sh...t)
But Metroid Prime Pinball still runs slow on DSlite with R4 Flashcart.
Does switching Game Loader to Kernel fix the slowdown?

Deleted member 466238

Trophies
XP
Hello, so uh... some NDS games stopped booting all of a sudden (some work 100%, and some don't) When I try to launch them it shows a white screen, then it goes back to the TWiLight Menu. I already re-installed Twilight menu and NDS Bootstrap but the issue persists. I then tried creating NDS Forwarders for those games but when I try to launch them it throws me back to the 3DS Home menu. The roms work on a Flashcart, so I know they're not bad. I even tried renaming the rom files, renaming the folder, changing folders etc and nothing seems to work... Please help, they all used to boot fine before. I don't know what the hell happened... I just wanna play Super Princess Peach ;c

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, so uh... some NDS games stopped booting all of a sudden (some work 100%, and some don't) When I try to launch them it shows a white screen, then it goes back to the TWiLight Menu. I already re-installed Twilight menu and NDS Bootstrap but the issue persists. I then tried creating NDS Forwarders for those games but when I try to launch them it throws me back to the 3DS Home menu. The roms work on a Flashcart, so I know they're not bad. I even tried renaming the rom files, renaming the folder, changing folders etc and nothing seems to work... Please help, they all used to boot fine before. I don't know what the hell happened... I just wanna play Super Princess Peach ;c
For TWLMenu++, try turning off "Update recently played list" in TWLMenu++ Settings. If the issue persists, delete "usrcheat.dat" in "sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/extras/".
As for the forwarders, do the games that work in TWLMenu++ also work using forwarders, or is it all forwarders not working?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fucking hell i'm becoming a mini leo with the way i yap aren't i?
    +1
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    I was unable to create the VM for the debloat windows, but found the video where I learned it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZm6mY3I7J4
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No you def no leo, and I like your insight. You are a smart Baked cookie.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicken drumsticks and sweet potato for dinner tonight turned out good
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    "i promise not to get all political and/or philosophical"
    3 drinks later:
    "so yeah think for yourself and i think the government sucks"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is @BigOnYa drunk again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    no, i was poking fun at myself
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Again? I have a IV feeding me so I never come down.
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because self deprecating humor is important, as long as it doesn't turn into self hate. because you can't really make fun of anyone if you can't even make fun of yourself
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Booze enemas are real lol
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    that explains a lot
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, invented the first ever pill that gets you instantly hammered, now filling the streets of Miami
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That was what called a qaaulude, instant drunk, luckily they not around anymore.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tylenol midday
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ambian the stuff of dreams lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nyquill with grape juice
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    wow that didn't work lol
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    tried to paste a pic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop getting your creamy paste all over
    +1
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    DO NOT WORK FOR ME :(
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think he has a wedgie, and is afraid to fix it in public.
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Thong +1