DS games on 3DS

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by LTK, Apr 11, 2012.

1. LTK
    OP

LTK GBAtemp Fan

Jul 28, 2008
    West Midlands
    I have Pokemon White for the DS, I play it on my 3DS and it connects no problem to wifi.

I have Pokemon black rom on a Acekard 2i, I play it on my 3DS and it can't connect. When I go into wifi settings it said my router isn't compatible with DS games, but my 3DS should bypass that correct? as it works for my legit games.

Any ideas? The cart also won't connect for wifi updates.

2. jrk190

jrk190 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 5, 2009
    United States
    North Carolina
    I've noticed that DS Download doesn't work on flashcarts, and I have problems with Wifi too.

3. Pong20302000

Pong20302000 making notes on everything

Sep 8, 2009
    One's inner self
    lol

its because Pokemon B/W is DSi Enchanced so can use the 3DS's Wifi (which allows more security connections)

the Flashcard cant run the DSi enhanced parts so it uses the DS settings which probally isnt compatible with your routers security

4. Fyrus

Fyrus Artilleur Carmin

Jul 6, 2010
    France
    Marseille - France
    Do you use a WPA encryption ? That would be your reason. Only originals DSi-enhanced games and 3DS games can work with a WPA protection, DS Games and flashcarts must use a WEP one.

5. frogboy

frogboy lacking both style and grace

Dec 6, 2011
    United States
    If you're using a DS Mode flashcart, WEP or unencrypted are the only types of networks you can connect to. On most routers, you can change what type of wireless network is broadcasted.

6. LTK
    OP

LTK GBAtemp Fan

Jul 28, 2008
    West Midlands
    Strange since I remember my M3i working fine with the same game. Thanks though.

7. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvert™

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    It would have worked with the game fine, in DS-mode, so WEP-only then still.

8. kirbymaster101

kirbymaster101 GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 21, 2008
    Canada
    Weird. All games work on ds download play on my ackeard2i. Are you using a ds trimmer that DOESN"T break ds download play on ds roms?
    The only cart I had that ds downlaod play wouldn't work was my ultra r4(clone) and all i had to do to fix it was use ysmenu instead of the clone firmware.

9. YamiHoshi.nl

YamiHoshi.nl I'm MKGirlism.

May 23, 2011
    Tokyo
    Pokémon Black and White will only use 3DS's Internet Connection, while being in DSi Mode.
    However, Flash Cards can't function in DSi Mode, and thus they will use DS Internet Connection instead, which can only be an Open Connection, or WEP Connection.

Edit: Why did the first word get distorted?

Edit 2: Never mind, it's solved.

10. xXMortalKombatXx

xXMortalKombatXx Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 14, 2012
    Brazil
    wich flashcart do you use?