Misc DS games on 3DS

LTK

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have Pokemon White for the DS, I play it on my 3DS and it connects no problem to wifi.

I have Pokemon black rom on a Acekard 2i, I play it on my 3DS and it can't connect. When I go into wifi settings it said my router isn't compatible with DS games, but my 3DS should bypass that correct? as it works for my legit games.

Any ideas? The cart also won't connect for wifi updates.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
lol

its because Pokemon B/W is DSi Enchanced so can use the 3DS's Wifi (which allows more security connections)

the Flashcard cant run the DSi enhanced parts so it uses the DS settings which probally isnt compatible with your routers security

Fyrus

Artilleur Carmin
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Do you use a WPA encryption ? That would be your reason. Only originals DSi-enhanced games and 3DS games can work with a WPA protection, DS Games and flashcarts must use a WEP one.

frogboy

lacking both style and grace
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're using a DS Mode flashcart, WEP or unencrypted are the only types of networks you can connect to. On most routers, you can change what type of wireless network is broadcasted.

kirbymaster101

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I've noticed that DS Download doesn't work on flashcarts, and I have problems with Wifi too.
Weird. All games work on ds download play on my ackeard2i. Are you using a ds trimmer that DOESN"T break ds download play on ds roms?
The only cart I had that ds downlaod play wouldn't work was my ultra r4(clone) and all i had to do to fix it was use ysmenu instead of the clone firmware.

YamiHoshi.nl

I'm MKGirlism.
Trophies
Website
www.dshack.org
XP
Country
Pokémon Black and White will only use 3DS's Internet Connection, while being in DSi Mode.
However, Flash Cards can't function in DSi Mode, and thus they will use DS Internet Connection instead, which can only be an Open Connection, or WEP Connection.

Edit: Why did the first word get distorted?

Edit 2: Never mind, it's solved.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.