Hacking DS freezes 95% of the time on startup with AKRPG

duelle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
95% of the time my DS will freeze on boot at the health and safety screen when I have my new Acekard RPG in it. It seems to me that the metal casing for the microSD is sticking out a little bit and might be throwing the contacts off. I don't think there's anything wrong with the card itself since I can transfer files and the UI works fine (when I can get to it), but games freeze when I try to play them. Metal Slug 7, for example, freezes after taking several steps forward on level 1. Has anyone else had a similar problem and fixed it or should I start looking for a new card?

Licardo7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how long did you have it and where did you order your RPG. It's because some places replace them if they are malfunctioning.

edit: sorry

thk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Licardo7 said:
how long did you have it and where did you order your AK2? It's because some places replace them if they are malfunctioning.

I'm reading AKRPG...

The card may be defective. Is it occurring only with microSDs or with the NAND too ?

duelle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's definitely an AKRPG and I don't have a microSD. I don't think it's the memory though: the DS boot screen itself freezes (before the Nintendo logo on the top even comes completely into view). Also, it's less than a day old in terms of use and I got it from BambooGaming.

duelle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I formatted the NAND and no change.

Pimpmynintendo said:
duelle said:
95% of the time my DS will freeze on boot at the health and safety screen when I have my new Acekard RPG in it.

Maybe it's trying to tell you it has a cold.

Unfortunately, I don't think so.

leetcakes

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bahrain
meh, akrpg is flimsy, unavoidable due to the many things extra they squeezed in there, compared to other carts. mine is gettin freezey too, not 95%, but around 50%

duelle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
logical thinker said:
Try formatting with the Panasonic SDFormatter.

Mine never froze.

Once again, I don't have a microSD, I'm just using NAND. I'll see if I can get it replaced, I guess. The site says there's a six month warranty for everything sold so I should be taken care of. Are many AKRPG's like this or is it a minority?

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Try putting a little bit of paper behind it when you put it in your DS.

It sounds as though there is a dodgy connection with the contacts
wink.gif

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Yes, as Joey90 stated the RPG does suffer from bad contacts as I must admit mine doesnt get recognized sometimes but usually its as easy and taking the card out and putting it back in so it doesnt worry me too much.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
a problem that happens alot, especially if you use your kits often. when doing the nesds compatibility list i was taking my r4 in and out of my ds around 30 times a day for over 4 months. i had all types of connection issues, including freezing on the health and safty screen. i would tend to think the issue is a contact issue and not a faulty rpg. you won't know until you debug it alittle. did you try blowing out the slot with compressed air? did you try padding the rpg with paper?

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.