DS Firecard not saving

Discussion in 'Other Flashing Hardware & Software' started by yankees26eac92, Nov 30, 2008.

Nov 30, 2008

DS Firecard not saving by yankees26eac92 at 2:42 AM (1,714 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. yankees26eac92
    OP

Member yankees26eac92 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I've had my Firecard for 9 months now and overall its been pretty good. But, just recently it has been deleting my SAV files for some of my games. For instance I've had Mario Kart the whole time and it's been fine, but I just got guitar hero decades and it won't save anything. I don't know what to do. I've tried changing it from AUTO to every other setting but it doesn't work. Is there any suggestions? I'm seriously thinking of buying an Acekard RPG. Anything would be good.

2. Firecard_master

Newcomer Firecard_master Member

United Kingdom
    These problems are simple.
    dont run the game!
    1: on the top screen of the game with the error find the text called "AUTO([SEL+LEFT+RIGHT])"
    2: Hold select and press left or right!
    3: the text should change
    4: choose one such as flash 4bit or summit,
    5: load the game
    6: if it comes with the same error then scroll over to the next one "EEPROM 4BIT"
    7: try that
    8: keep trying diffrent text until the problem is solved!

3. bog500

Newcomer bog500 Member

Canada
    @Firecard_master, he said he tried them all, you're post is useless

You must use "Eeprom - 4 kbit" with Guitar Hero.

If it still can't save you can try reformating the card or download an alternate version (if you had the US, try the europe version for example)

4. Velocity

Newcomer Velocity Member

United Kingdom
    I'm also having a similar issue, however whenever I load a game, it doesn't give me any errors, it also appears to save fine whilst in game, however if I turn the DS off and turn it back on, it fails to load the save file, and if I hook the DS upto my PC it shows all the save files on the DS

5. link-gs

Newcomer link-gs Newbie

United States
    i have the same problem some times works but other times all my saves are deleeted im serching the solution case i try evry thing

6. bog500

Newcomer bog500 Member

Canada
    the internal battery that keeps the memory must be dead or almost dead. When this battery is not well working saves are being erasing (like the RAM in your computer when you turn it off)