DS #DSi 0040: Sonic Classic Collection (USA)

trance

Trophies
XP
Country
only just reading this topic now, but...
Chanser said:
After much deliberation, release is fine and not a DSi enhanced release.
ZANZAROTH said:
QUOTE(yikkyon @ Mar 6 2010, 09:23 PM) What's the DSi feature in this one?

dude read the entire thread before posting THERE ISN'T ANY!!!
game id is TWL-VSOx, therefore dsi software, and the dsi in the release number is warranted for that alone. while no apparent dsi features are visible aside from a performance increase as stated earlier by somebody, the game still possesses the dsi region lock as stated on the game's box (although the ds/dsl are not affected). reading this article on hackmii might be of use to try to explain that

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
yes, but the ONLY 'feature' I've seen in this emulator, is this dimming bit whilst playing, tad of a nuisance when you have to tap it once to make it come out of the "ignore the pause feature" and again(after the screen lights up) to get it to pause.
DSi SDK was used, yes, but feels more like a plain, laggy DS rom to me. Lordus, you could've at least released the source code prior to giving up and being scooped up by sega/Big N; we'd have our slot-2 support by now :\

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Omega_2 said:
pedroion said:
So, no news on AP?
jEnesisDS.
Sega genesis/megadrive roms.
load them up.
enjoy.

Mind you tell us how to run S3K with jEnesisDS? cause that's my favorite of them all
dry.gif

Still there are some roms which aren't in this collection that i love to play!

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
sonictopfan said:
Omega_2 said:
pedroion said:
So, no news on AP?
jEnesisDS.
Sega genesis/megadrive roms.
load them up.
enjoy.

Mind you tell us how to run S3K with jEnesisDS? cause that's my favorite of them all
dry.gif

Still there are some roms which aren't in this collection that i love to play!
Well, this game is buggy and loves glitching/lagging/skipping. The video I did back in the beginning(and the first SCC thread, rest its soul) shows some of the frame-drops it can have
click the video to open in youtube, and you can then toss this in to the address bar to get to where the lag starts: &feature=iv#t=1m07s

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
i still don't understand why they won't make a patch already? not jst for this but for SASAR mostly, R4DS and DSTT are not dead so why act like they are? R4 sdhc fixed SASAR, could that be any help for other cards? like create a new firmware for DSTT cards and a new YSMenu for R4DS

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
sonictopfan said:
i still don't understand why they won't make a patch already? not jst for this but for SASAR mostly, R4DS and DSTT are not dead so why act like they are? R4 sdhc fixed SASAR, could that be any help for other cards? like create a new firmware for DSTT cards and a new YSMenu for R4DS
That's just it, the 'R4' IS dead; these 'new' cards you see are ALL clones, knockoffs, or fakes. Hardware can be copied, how else does china have fake laptops, phones, bags, shoes, etc. software is easier to copy XD
YSMenu is just custom firmware, this coder is not bound to you or anyone out here, even if we paid him.
Patches take a bit too long, IMO. Better off having more than one cart (I've 3, one I used to test roms and HB with before, nowI use no$gba before they go on my AK2{AKAIO1.6} or SuperCard) just in case
unsure.gif

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Omega_2 said:
sonictopfan said:
That's just it, the 'R4' IS dead; these 'new' cards you see are ALL clones, knockoffs, or fakes. Hardware can be copied, how else does china have fake laptops, phones, bags, shoes, etc. software is easier to copy XD
YSMenu is just custom firmware, this coder is not bound to you or anyone out here, even if we paid him.
Patches take a bit too long, IMO. Better off having more than one cart (I've 3, one I used to test roms and HB with before, nowI use no$gba before they go on my AK2{AKAIO1.6} or SuperCard) just in case
unsure.gif

i really shall get me a new card, too bad they only sell R4DS and DSTT where i live, which do you think is better? AK2 or SuperCard?

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
sonictopfan said:
i really shall get me a new card, too bad they only sell R4DS and DSTT where i live, which do you think is better? AK2 or SuperCard?
That's the interesting part, AK2 and SC should both be able to play this with their latest firmware(SuperCardDSONE for sure plays it), but so far, the AK2 seems to be able to play HG/SS a bit better than the SuperCard for the moment(doesn't freeze after the timer/event), and I know some people are asking that.
The choice is up to you, both cards have support, both can use the usrcheat.dat, both work. Let's flip a coin XD

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Omega_2 said:
sonictopfan said:
That's the interesting part, AK2 and SC should both be able to play this with their latest firmware(SuperCardDSONE for sure plays it), but so far, the AK2 seems to be able to play HG/SS a bit better than the SuperCard for the moment(doesn't freeze after the timer/event), and I know some people are asking that.
The choice is up to you, both cards have support, both can use the usrcheat.dat, both work. Let's flip a coin XD

Thanks for the help, one last question, do they still sell slot-2 of AceCard? i was thinking if i'm to get a new card i might just get a slot 2 one to get both GBA and DS roms to work!

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
sonictopfan said:
Omega_2 said:
sonictopfan said:

Thanks for the help, one last question, do they still sell slot-2 of AceCard? i was thinking if i'm to get a new card i might just get a slot 2 one to get both GBA and DS roms to work!
I don't think they ever made Slot-2 AceKards ._.
Your best bet would be an EZFlash 3in1 for a Slot-2 solution, as AKAIO can load gba games from Slot-1 into the Slot-2 natively(though there's also a tool/app to do it yourself manually if desired)

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Omega_2 said:
sonictopfan said:
Omega_2 said:
sonictopfan said:

I don't think they ever made Slot-2 AceKards ._.
Your best bet would be an EZFlash 3in1 for a Slot-2 solution, as AKAIO can load gba games from Slot-1 into the Slot-2 natively(though there's also a tool/app to do it yourself manually if desired)

i see... thanks for the help!

blahkamehameha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knuckles in Sonic 2 can be played using jenesisDS.

http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_2:_S3_Edition

^All it is is Sonic 2, with Sonic 3 sprites and shields, and Knuckles is playable. Along with a save feature.

The problem with Knuckles in Sonic 2 was the size. It was too large for jenesisDS to load.

Cheats are the same, except for Level Select, which is now: 1,9,8,2 from the sound test.

You're welcome.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
blahkamehameha said:

^All it is is Sonic 2, with Sonic 3 sprites and shields, and Knuckles is playable. Along with a save feature.

The problem with Knuckles in Sonic 2 was the size. It was too large for jenesisDS to load.

Cheats are the same, except for Level Select, which is now: 1,9,8,2 from the sound test.

You're welcome.
make it S3&K and you'll live
tongue.gif

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
blahkamehameha said:

You're welcome.

interesting, but i was thinking this one's better http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_2_Long_Version

it's exactly the same Sonic 2 with 4 more zones and 2 more acts for Death Egg:

-Sonic and Tails version
-Knuckles version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44