DS #DSi 0040: Sonic Classic Collection (USA)

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Still no fix for YSMenu
frown.gif

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Omega_2 said:
No need for fixes for carts that nobody likes anymore.

we get it you hate the game, but believe it or not some people actually CARE for this game
nyanya.gif
besides these files support other games as well so it's not a bad thing to upgrade
wink.gif

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
sonictopfan said:
Omega_2 said:
No need for fixes for carts that nobody likes anymore.

we get it you hate the game, but believe it or not some people actually CARE for this game
nyanya.gif
besides these files support other games as well so it's not a bad thing to upgrade
wink.gif
It's not that I hate the game, it's that it was done WRONG, instead of porting it, it was emulated quite crappily, and limited, even(Sound test, level select, debug somewhat attempted at removal) the only 'new' thing was the Sonic 3 midboss BGM, it sounds sort of revamped for some reason XD

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
well after testing it on a real DS-lite, i noticed the slowdown but i didn't see any glitches in the games, sure i wish they ported the games like they did with Sonic Jam but you can't deny emulation can't be done any better due to the DS limitations, and the fact the game runs better on a DSi because of the CPU "or so i read" proves that they tried hard to make the emulator run as good as possible, still porting the games would be better if done right!

daroga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a video anywhere comparing the performance of a legit card on the DS Lite vs. the DSi? I'd be curious to see what a difference it makes. I'm probably going to pick this up when I get into town on Friday.

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
only thing I can do atm is put this again:
Cart used, SuperCard DSONEi EOS SP2 firmware
mSD: Transcend class 6 8GB

Anyway, 4am, goodnight XD

daroga

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for that, but I was looking for legit cart videos since no flash cart is going to be able to make use of the DSi's extra power to see what a difference it makes.

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
daroga said:
Thanks for that, but I was looking for legit cart videos since no flash cart is going to be able to make use of the DSi's extra power to see what a difference it makes.

i didn't know that, it makes sense though!

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
a new firmware for R4 users is available here http://filetrip.net/f10251-Wood-R4-1-04.html

This new firmware "Wood R4 v1.04" is based on the AK2 firmware, it now runs Sonic Classic Collection and Sonic and Sega All-stars Racing on a normal R4 without the need for YSMenu, however it doesn't fix the hang on Icepeak in Mario and Sonic Winter Games!

i've tested it and it runs all these games, support online play, and loads the sav filed "but you have to change the name from GAME.SAV to GAME.NDS.SAV" or simply use this tool which makes it easier and faster http://filetrip.net/g25123668-Wood-R4-Save-Converter.html

Unfortunately there is no way to use cheat codes here "at least not that i know of" except to use YSMenu, however this new firmware is much faster in running the games!

For noobs who can't use it, here's another link i uploaded to megaupload http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RP26P6TK

P.S to change skin, use an AK2 skin, place it in ui folder, then in the main menu go to settings, and choose the skin you like!

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
sonictopfan said:
a new firmware for R4 users is available here http://filetrip.net/f10251-Wood-R4-1-04.html

This new firmware "Wood R4 v1.04" is based on the AK2 firmware, it now runs Sonic Classic Collection and Sonic and Sega All-stars Racing on a normal R4 without the need for YSMenu, however it doesn't fix the hang on Icepeak in Mario and Sonic Winter Games!

i've tested it and it runs all these games, support online play, and loads the sav filed "but you have to change the name from GAME.SAV to GAME.NDS.SAV" or simply use this tool which makes it easier and faster http://filetrip.net/g25123668-Wood-R4-Save-Converter.html

Unfortunately there is no way to use cheat codes here "at least not that i know of" except to use YSMenu, however this new firmware is much faster in running the games!

For noobs who can't use it, here's another link i uploaded to megaupload http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RP26P6TK

P.S to change skin, use an AK2 skin, place it in ui folder, then in the main menu go to settings, and choose the skin you like!
It's too bad that they don't just get a new cart, this will cause an influx of "Wood R4 doesn't work on my original R4!", like anyone would get an original these days >_>

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
Omega_2 said:
It's too bad that they don't just get a new cart, this will cause an influx of "Wood R4 doesn't work on my original R4!", like anyone would get an original these days >_>

i have an original R4 if that's what you mean!

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Does it have to be Sonic Collection ???

I've got an short old video somewhere that shows the difference in speed between an original game and a flashcard running 'Sonic Dash' (not that you see much between them)

I'll see if I can find the video & upload it to Youtube for you to see

EDIT: OK I found the video & it's now on youtube

Do you mean a video like this that compares the game between a DSLite and a DSi (Instead of Real/Flashcard) ??

Omega_2

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
that video is so fail, can't even tell if they're both the same ds XD
What they ask is about the SCC's emulation speed difference between dsi flashcart and legit carts XD

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Omega_2 said:
that video is so fail, can't even tell if they're both the same ds XD
What they ask is about the SCC's emulation speed difference between dsi flashcart and legit carts XDIf you bother going to the video on youtube - you'll find I say what it's used on...don't forget it's a very old video I did many months ago that I found... I didn't make it up specially today
Anyway - I've stuck a annotation on it now - satified ????

also you FAIL as well - that's NOT what he asked
QUOTEperformance of a legit card on the DS Lite vs. the DSi
Meaning he want to know how a legal game card compares when running on a DSlite and a DSi - I think he believes that the DSi will work faster than on a DSlite

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.