Gaming DS Air?

xwing

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any news about US/Europe release of DS Air (Jet Impulse)?

I'm playing Top Gun game but this looks much better.

I've read somewhere it should be released in 2008 but no other details
cry.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, this game has been waiting in the wings (yeah, I got that pun in there without a sweat) for a long, long time. Didn't a Japanese version come out a while back? I think I even tinkered with it a bit, and if it's the same game I'm thinking of, it had a great production -- lots of voice work and such. I'd like to tinker with the game some more, but I think it used the face buttons for controls, which I thought was a bit disappointing, after having so much fun with SFC.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
as the original poster mentioned, the japanese version is called "jet impulse"
unfortunately the releasedate has been "TBA" for quite some time now i think.

but the japanese version is perfectly playable.(all you need to know is english or icons, the rest is background info)

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When Nintendo dated Rhythm Tengoku, Kirby, Fire Emblem & Wario Land Shake, they also had DS Air in the same listing for a TBA 2008 which indicates that it is still coming out. This was around May I think.

I reckon we'll see it early 2009 seeing that I don't think Nintendo has anything else to release.

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
In theory I spose it could be maby translated ...looking at the rom in DS LAZY at the files there is a folder called text its full of .txt files but theres over 1222 of them
frown.gif

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
it's not completely standard txt files, normal spaces do nothing.
i tried to get something started a while ago, but it's too much to do alone(with only 5 translation websites) and i couldn't get anyone to help me.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The (J) version came out mid-February 2007.

Yeah, release the casual crap noob games toot-sweet, but this game STILL hasn't got a USA release a year-and-a-half later. How freakin' LAME! I'd really like to hear Ninty's BS excuse as to WHY this never got released yet.

AppleJuice

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah, I'd love to see an English language release for this!

Really fun, arcadey feel to it, nice control scheme.
Story Mode was good fun (except for a few missions where my lack of Japanese held me back a bit)
Big choice of aircraft and weaponry.
Online dogfights!
New downloadable planes!

I'm really suprised it hasn't had a release yet. I'm sure it'd be a profitable title.

However, as a previous poster has said, the Japanese version is pretty playable for a non-Japanese speaker.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yah it's angering this one just keeps sliding around the cocktease scale of tba as it's getting really old.

I've played a bit with jet impulse and with the story shot to kanji hell and other little bits lacking you'd have to experiment to figure out I just don't want to bother with it. What I have played though was showing me it to be a very fantastic game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    haddad @ haddad: anyone online can help me with my new 2ds xl please...