Chanser

:o
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Monaco

QUOTE said:
Shiren and his talking ferret Koppa are back, this time with new allies and enemies. Explore the dungeons, discover rare items and battle monsters. The layout of the dungeons and the monsters change every time you enter, so be sure to come back for all sorts of battles.

To make things even more interesting, the monsters you battle during 'daytime' are different from the ones in the 'night time' and the booties you can win from them differs in value. This time you get more skills, a larger variety of weapons and armor, and story elements.

If you need help or want to form a team, just get on the network. One deadly aspect about this game is that when you die, your level turns back to 1 and you lose all your items. But as long as someone is there to revive you, you wouldn't have to start leveling up and collect the items from scratch. Just don't forget to reward your rescuer, send him or her a thank you note or some item in your inventory via the network.

Rommstain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
basher11 said:
oh, so it's a PKM mystery dungeon type game.
It's a rougelike, a ROUGELIKE you whippersnappers! The kids of today, geez.

And you Shiren... Oh poor, poor Shiren.
You get an English release on this very system and nobody even remembers you
frown.gif

WildArms

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Rommstain said:
basher11 said:
oh, so it's a PKM mystery dungeon type game.
It's a rougelike, a ROUGELIKE you whippersnappers! The kids of today, geez.

And you Shiren... Oh poor, poor Shiren.
You get an English release on this very system and nobody even remembers you
frown.gif

Hahaha wtf people compare it to pokemon?! this game is one of the relique of rougelike games, pokemon mistery dungeon derived from these kind of games.
True enough there has only been one localization of Shiren if i remember correctly? And pokemon... well, its pokemon

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Dies happy*

Oh, wait, if I die... I can't play it -_-

I guess, "yaaaaaay!" will due for now.

I hope this one gets localized since they're really good games and I recommend Shiren games to everyone
sad.gif

Orange_Bird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I applied Rudolph's patch to a clean game but I get a screen that reads "Could not read save file, please turn off the power and reinsert the game cartridge" upon loading.

Using Acekard 2i with Akaio 1.8.1 on a DS Lite, save mode set to auto.

Any ideas?

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Series gets better and better. Even though there has been only a 10 month gap between this and the last release. I mistakenly thought Chunsoft were just cobbling together some kind of minor upgrade in time for the Japanese holiday market. Some of the art in this game is the best so far, the second town is brought alive with vibrant colours and superb pixel design. Sound design is also stella with reworkings of the familiar themes and even a new version of the level up jiggle which made me smile

Already only after a cursory play through I've been helped by one and even two AI companions. Unlike the blundering Pekeji who appeared in the first DS outing. They actually aid rather than being a hindrance. I'm struggling with the plot as I can't read a single word of Japanese. Only my familiarity with the previous games mechanics has kept me in good stead. Its a pity this and 3 others in the series will never see the light in the western market due to the poor performance of the the first game.

Well worth a look if love 2D Art and rougelikes. Chunsoft at the height of their powers.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
I love ferrets, and I love dungeons. What's not to like!

The clean rom patched doesn't seem to work except on DSTWO, just found a prepatched and it works fine even on the crappy old Edge

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dudereno said:
The Series gets better and better. Even though there has been only a 10 month gap between this and the last release. I mistakenly thought Chunsoft were just cobbling together some kind of minor upgrade in time for the Japanese holiday market. Some of the art in this game is the best so far, the second town is brought alive with vibrant colours and superb pixel design. Sound design is also stella with reworkings of the familiar themes and even a new version of the level up jiggle which made me smile

Already only after a cursory play through I've been helped by one and even two AI companions. Unlike the blundering Pekeji who appeared in the first DS outing. They actually aid rather than being a hindrance. I'm struggling with the plot as I can't read a single word of Japanese. Only my familiarity with the previous games mechanics has kept me in good stead. Its a pity this and 3 others in the series will never see the light in the western market due to the poor performance of the the first game.

Well worth a look if love 2D Art and rougelikes. Chunsoft at the height of their powers.

I really wish people would stop saying 'released for the Christmas season' when talking about Japanese games. No one in Japan cares about Christmas. It's not a shopping season as it is in America. Hell it's mostly for couples these days. You see a lot more releases in Q1, since 99% of Japanese companies fiscal year ends in Q1, so they like padding it with some good numbers.

Orange_Bird

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally figured it out with some help and got to play this game, and it's one of the best on the DS for sure! Music is fantastic, visuals are improved from 4, tons of depth (literally as well) and variety with the dungeons, one of the best if not the best in the Shiren series, I'd say. (I've played all as well).

It's easier than 4 from what I've seen so far, but that isn't saying much as it's still challenging and 4 was very hard. Great game.

Peelbash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Funny it should come now when I'm engrossed in the english ds shiren.
It's easily the best dungeon crawl experience I've ever had.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)