Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
anuarbin said:
woot
no ap?
thats strange....
If there was AP then it's probably already been bypassed and so has no effect now.

QUOTE(kurisui @ Mar 18 2010, 10:18 AM) Also, it seems to play just fine on CycloDS with 1.58 Beta 2 firmware
Yes, Rayder confirmed the same on his personal dump too. To be honest, I hadn't expected any issues. I also noticed the other day that the European version probably won't be out until around the 26th.

KevInChester

Trophies
XP
Country
Spikeynator said:
whahaha thats what u get for trashing R4 users with ur fancy acecard
tongue.gif

R4 works perfectly and acecar has trouble
tongue.gif

Yeah having that white line on the bottom now and then is a real grind I can tell ya.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
yay, no AP! i was kinda worried that i'd have to wait some more, haha.
happy.gif
)/~

btw, first time i saw this last year, it reminded me a lot of Rugarai and the Yamato (Thunder Jet). i loved that anime, all those battleships make me drool...

gonna lose a lotta sleep this week, lol.
biggrin.gif

pulstar80

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This board is ZOMBIE-infested with noobs of all ages and sizes. Anyway buy this game if you like it. The fact it was released to little fanfare is most worrying. Not supporting original titles is why we get 95% shovelware for the DS and 5% 'real' games

/preaching

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can confirm that white bar on the bottom screen during the intro vid on my CycloDS too. Not sure why it shows that, but the retail cart just has a blank screen on the touchscreen while the intro vid plays. After playing and getting the hang of the game and re-starting, I've played about 5 hours worth last night. Whatever is up with that white bar, it doesn't appear to affect anything in the game at all. I would just ignore it.

So far, the only thing I would "complain" about is during battles. I really wish it would just stay on the screen with my command buttons and not keep switching to that completely useless bridge view with absolutely no purpose at all during enemy attacks. It kinda takes away from the intensity of the battles when you are waiting for it to give you your controls back. And why the hell is your ship so stupid and ALWAYS sets the default target to anything but the lead ship during multi-ship battles? The manual(s) both tell you over and over to attack the ship in front first and work your way back. EVERY TIME there is a multi-ship battle, the targeting is set to some ship in the middle or in the back of the formation and it makes you switch to the ship in front manually. Whoever heard of a targeting system that never just targets the closest enemy?
wacko.gif

When you blow up an enemy ship, the explosion could have sounded better too. That explosion sound they used sounds very cheesy to me.

But those are minor complaints at best. I'm having loads of fun playing this game. Maybe it's just because I've been so starved for a good sci-fi inspired games that I'm willing to tolerate almost anything for my sci-fi fix. It's also nice of them to include the pdf manual since the game has a bit of a learning curve.

I'm still waiting for a good 3D space shooter the likes of Wing Commander or Descent Freespace on the DS. Even an X-Wing remake would be nice. Don't get me wrong, Infinite Space is very nice and I'm enjoying it for what it is, but I love being in the cockpit of a fighter blasting enemies. Why have games like that all disappeared?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
And why the hell is your ship so stupid and ALWAYS sets the default target to anything but the lead ship during multi-ship battles? The manual(s) both tell you over and over to attack the ship in front first and work your way back. EVERY TIME there is a multi-ship battle, the targeting is set to some ship in the middle or in the back of the formation and it makes you switch to the ship in front manually. Whoever heard of a targeting system that never just targets the closest enemy?
wacko.gif
I KNOW! Sometimes I forget about that, and I end up attacking and targeting the same damn ship that's not the first one. And I keep missing...And then I realize I'm not hitting the ship in front -.-

rockstar99

Hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After playing for 2 hours all I can say is.. Im amazed by this game, the whole space ship fighting feel makes it great.
The graphics are amazing, sound is good, battle system takes a while to get used to but once you do You will love it.
Over all this game is really nice, now I have Soul Silver and this to play uggggh
frown.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What the hell was that Syl?