DS #4687: RagnarÃk DS (USA)

NaYa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Whoa, this game sure is a trip down the memory lane!!
I believe those who have played Ragnarok Online before would find this much more fun than those who haven't.

Edit: Found the Mirage Tower where you can play with other people via Wi-Fi.
biggrin.gif

Anhmeister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Multiplayer is only accessible once you reach a certain part in the game. Quest 25, if I remember correctly. It is shortly after getting to Morroc and it is called the Endless tower. It is 50 floors you can tackle with up to two other people. It also runs through WFC so yes, it is actual online play.

m_alencar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's a shame the save from the patched japanese version won't work in this version... Unless someone out there finds a way... And posts it here, for me to see it.

reilina

just a neophyte...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since many people are asking What the hell is this game and whats inside the game.
if u play the PC version then u know what this game is but for those people who dont its like soma bringer, thats the closest thing i can think of.

for the information about classes:
only 17 classes are available for DS.

novice
swordsman
mage
acolyte
thief
merchant
archer
taekwondo

knight
wizard
priest
assasin
blacksmith
hunter
taekwondo master (but i think its called star gladiator)

dark knight (only available after u finish the story)
shaman (only available after u finish the story)

PS - there are some skills only available in the DS version of the game. mechanics of the DS version is different (e.a. char can change job on jlv 30 unlike the the pc ver jlv40).
it has offline (story + Mirage tower) and online (mirage tower only) gameplay. mirage tower available after the quest 25

maximum of only 3 people online.

u cannot customize ur char. u can only do this when u go online (mirage tower).

hope this helps

ZeroEXE93

Trophies
Website
ep.ipbfree.com
XP
Country
United States
reilina said:
since many people are asking What the hell is this game and whats inside the game.
if u play the PC version then u know what this game is but for those people who dont its like soma bringer, thats the closest thing i can think of.
I played the Japanese version, and it played more like Summon Night: Twin Age iirc. It's decent, but like Summon Night, it uses all touch-screen controls. I prefer ARPGs that use actual buttons. =/

Akothegreat

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright! Now I can understand more of the story
I played the jap version talking to everybody and everyone until I just go through the story... It was just so long
wacko.gif

But poring is the ONLY monster I found not "aggressive" here

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
FoolishDreamer said:
I don't get it, what's the purpose of the merchant class in an offline game?
blink.gif

Good question... Maybe you can exchange items in online mode ? Or only for the loots and for the Blacksmith skills...

Anhmeister

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FoolishDreamer said:
I don't get it, what's the purpose of the merchant class in an offline game?
blink.gif

The Merchant has the highest damage output of the entire first job classes. The Blacksmith has many self buffing skills and is a very high damager. This is the same for the PC version as well.

Off Topic: Anyone else annoyed by the fact that Familiars are now Bats? Drainliars are Vampire Bats, Green Plants are Green Grass, etc. I know it's nothing much, but it gives me the urge to hack the game and change it back.

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
reilina said:

That's actually what i came in here to ask. However, i know this is more touchscreen based, but is the multiplayer similar to SB too?

Basically it boils down to the fact that Wife® & I were playing through Soma Bringer and hella enjoyed it. And if this is similar enough, i'd love for us to get into this one (i played RO PC a little, and i enjoyed it, just hoping this converts well to DS)

Waddaya thinks?

Would this be a decent multiplayer replacement for Soma Bringer?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Every so often they only come around like once a year