1. DeMoN

DeMoN GBAtemp Guru

United States
    Don't try to think about Soma Bringer when playing this, it will just make you hate this game more.
    Me and my bro loved Soma Bringer a lot, and when we finished it, we tried different co-op Action RPGs for the DS including this (English patched version), and Final Fantasy: Echoes of Time. We hated them so much, so we just stopped playing altogether because Soma Bringer set the standard too damn high.

2. Anhmeister

Anhmeister Member
    Newcomer

United States
    This game is hardly like Soma Bringer. The Summon Night comparison is spot on though. If you enjoyed that game you will enjoy this.

3. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Switzerland
    Is it really possible to enjoy Summon Night :/ ? I loved the GBA ones (with the blacksmith thing) but the DS one just sucks. Maybe I'm enjoing Ragnarok because I'm feeling nostalgic about the PC version

4. saxamo

saxamo Spaaaaace!

United States
    This game looks more like Lostmagic than anything.
    [​IMG]

5. LD560

LD560 GBAtemp Regular

Been playing this and all I can say is very worth the wait [​IMG]

6. Overlord Nadrian

Banned

Belgium
    @WildWon: If you really want a new multiplayer ARPG, get Cross Treasures. It's a lot like Soma Bringer, but even better IMHO.

This game just doesn't have enough lasting appeal.

I'm glad they changed the name of this one though, J version was called Ragnarok Online DS IIRC, but just Ragnarok makes a lot more sense and sounds better [​IMG] I wonder what the German thingy (umlaut?)'s doing there though.

7. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Switzerland
    It's only the correct spelling of the word "Ragnarök". It means "final destiniy of the gods" (Wikipedia)

8. jerbz

jerbz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    never played this.i was always kind of interested but never got to trying it.
    so far this game is making me read alot of story without being able to skip.
    its interesting but i dont really care..

i do like the customization aspect so far.

9. DJ91990

DJ91990 Grookey Gang!

United States
    Don't you EVER compare ANY GAME to THAT GAME!

FYI: Lost Magic SUX!

On Arithmetic-ish style of explimation:
    LOST MAGIC < RAGNAROK ONLINE
    (The Above Equation Expresses the LOST MAGIC is LESS THAN RAGNAROK ONLINE DS)

Do I need to write that down and a complex Algebraic Formula for you?

10. Zane

Zane Ace Wizard

Nothing wrong with Lost Magic, first game i got for my DS, along with Megaman Battlenetwork 5, and Castlevania DS.

11. GreatZimkogway

GreatZimkogway Still a Touhou Fanatic

United States
    I second this. LostMagic was an awesome game. I'll download this once I finish up all these other games...

12. Ritsuki

Ritsuki ORAORAORAORA

Switzerland
    Is the rebirth option available on this game (total reset in exchange of extra stat points) ?

13. Kuschel-Drow

Kuschel-Drow GBAtemp Fan

Gambia, The
    It's not that this game was anything like the PC version.
    It just has a similar world, some of the dungeons may be known already if you played the PC version, and the character design is the same. You even get the same skills plus two new classes.
    But it's a lot of fun to play anyway if you liked the PC version, although a lot is missing.

But for a DS version it has become pretty nice I guess.

14. blazephoenix

blazephoenix Newbie
    Newcomer

Brazil
    =/ I cant use my last save version.... (japanese version) when i load it, BLACK SCREEN!
    I need to do all again, and take my valkirie set and mejingards again =/

15. DBlaze

DBlaze I don't know what i'm doing.

Netherlands
    Are you implying that everyone should follow YOUR opinion that LOSTMAGIC sucks?
    Because to me it was a pretty decent game. At least it required some skill to play it [​IMG]

16. Bowser-jr

Bowser-jr GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Question, if you don't mind me asking, but is Ragnarok gonna have the same online problems/issues likes Phantasy Star Zero had and were gonna have to watch for a patch to fix it?

17. rockstar99

Canada
    Tried it and it dissapointed me. PS0 is better IMO. [​IMG]

18. Dangy

Dangy GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Agreed. After the 20 minutes of diolog in the beginning, I was disappointed by the gameplay.

19. Crass

Crass Rock me Dr. Zaius

United States
    Wow this game is really awful. I dont know what you guys are smoking, anyone who says this is an excellent game with a straight face must be doing some serious weeaboo/jrpg faggoty mental gymnastics to justify it in their head.

20. PuyoDead

PuyoDead Hey! Hey! Oh!

United States
    I have to agree with this. I played the hell out of Ragnarok Online (PC, that is), and loved it. So naturally, I was looking forward to this. But the first thing I was greeted by was a crapton of dialog, and a tutorial telling me how to use the touchscreen to tap enemies. The UI is functional enough, but pretty sloppy for various things (selling items will get old very fast). Thankfully, everything else is pretty true to the original. Same EXCELLENT music, environments and the world are mostly the same, same artwork, etc. This is still fun, it just didn't transition over very well to this system. Soma Bringer really did just set the bar for something like this sky high.