DS #4492: Might & Magic - Clash of Heroes (USA)

Donato_Dobango

Trophies
Website
www.fairuseradio.com
XP
Country
United States
I loaded it up to the save select screen fine on a DSTT running the latest unofficial firmware.

I must say: I do enjoy the Xenephobia splash screens. Maybe not this one in particular because it looks a little cheap with the MS Paint edit of Super Mario World, but if it's cool it reminds me of the kind we used to see on SNES and Genesis roms.

Bowser-jr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay, I was able to read the NFO file, now It won't patch, I keeps saying "xdelta.exe: expected from file (xpa-mmch.nds) of length 333554432"

asdf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
luke_c said:
regnad said:
luke_c said:
Might_and_Magic_Clash_of_Heroes_USA_CRACK_NDS-XPA Patch is out for all who cares.
Downloading now, will upload to Rapidshare and Megaupload when done.
EDIT: Rapidshare Mirror.
EDIT2: MegaUpload Mirror.

Enjoy.
wink.gif

BOTH of these are now unavailable.

Can someone re-up it or put it somewhere else?
MegaUpload is still up.
New Rapidshare link.
Down again.

lad_cali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rafferty_shaun said:
Applied the patch but I still get a black screen on Ysmenu

the patch will created a patch rom called ''xpa-mmch-cracked.nds'' (about 24 Mb size), if you don't have this rom, you didn't apply the patch correctly. It work for me on Ak2i, AKAIO 1.5.

Bowser-jr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
okay, well, something weird is going on, the rom file will say it is 32 but then it will say 23.6. I don't know what is going, some one please help.

lad_cali

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bowser-jr said:
okay, well, something weird is going on, the rom file will say it is 32 but then it will say 23.6. I don't know what is going, some one please help.

What rom are you talking about? There will be 2 roms, one is a clean-rom named "xpa-mmch.nds" and another one is "xpa-mmch-cracked.nds" (supposed you didn't changed the names after patch). The clean-rom (xpa-mmch.nds) is 32 mb, the patched-rom (xpa-mmch-cracked.nds) is 23.7Mb (as in my comp). Forget about the "xpa-mmch.nds", just copy the "xpa-mmch-cracked.nds" into your flashcard and play it.

wellrested

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so. I have used similar patching techniques before, using my ancient windows PC. Alas, the dinosaur has finally given up the ghost... is there any way to do this on my mac? I've been looking for pre-patched rom tracker files, but have had no luck.

Either way, all hail Xeno.
~

Edit: Found a site that offers pre-patched roms. Just needed a little more Googling. Is it ok to post such sites here (i.e., the general site, not the specific URL)?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, now that I can actually play it, my impressions:

- It's addictive. Not the fatally addictive Puzzle Quest: CotW, but still damn addictive
- A great mixture of turn based RPG, strategy, and puzzling. It takes a lot of thinking and plotting to get the best way to win.
- RPG aspects aren't exactly deep, but it's much more of a puzzle game anyway.
- WHO THE FUCK CARES IF IT'S A CRITTER CRUNCH RIP OFF OR WHATEVER YOU GUYS ARE SAYING? If it's fun, it's fun. Puzzle Quest was a rip-off of Bejeweled, oh the horror!
- For those of you having trouble patching it, you have to name it xpa-mmch.nds first.
- Overall, excellent game, a must have or a must try.

concealed identi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
Anyway, now that I can actually play it, my impressions:

- It's addictive. Not the fatally addictive Puzzle Quest: CotW, but still damn addictive
- A great mixture of turn based RPG, strategy, and puzzling. It takes a lot of thinking and plotting to get the best way to win.
- RPG aspects aren't exactly deep, but it's much more of a puzzle game anyway.
- WHO THE FUCK CARES IF IT'S A CRITTER CRUNCH RIP OFF OR WHATEVER YOU GUYS ARE SAYING? If it's fun, it's fun. Puzzle Quest was a rip-off of Bejeweled, oh the horror!
- For those of you having trouble patching it, you have to name it xpa-mmch.nds first.
- Overall, excellent game, a must have or a must try.

The team who made this game also made Critter Crunch, so I don't think anyone can call it a ripoff. Was Wings a Beatles ripoff? No, they sucked. Man they sucked. Anyway, I'm hoping this is the game I've wanted to play every since Puzzle Quest's cheating AI caused me to return the game I loved. Galactrix and Puzzle Kingdoms could have both been amazing if they had actually tested them properly and/or listened to feedback.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To sum up in a word: Excellent.

There's nothing about this game so far I think I could knock. The battles are just so satisfying.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock