DS #4462: Moomin Dani no Okurimono (Japan)

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
FYI the release group has this down as "Moomin Dani no Okurimono", but based on retail sites etc. I'm assuming that it's a typo and should instead be "Moomon Tani no Okurimono".

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
omg i kinda recognize these character but i cant remember why i recognize them
unsure.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
dice said:
FYI the release group has this down as "Moomin Dani no Okurimono", but based on retail sites etc. I'm assuming that it's a typo and should instead be "Moomon Tani no Okurimono".
I guess it's a matter of pronunciation. Like in "tono", which is pronounced "dono". Sometimes things get mixed up.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
vergilite said:
omg i kinda recognize these character but i cant remember why i recognize them
unsure.gif

The Moomins featured on UK TV during the 80s and early 90s, along with books, stationary, colouring books etc, so you've probably seen them around.

Uzumakijl

Trophies
Website
www.uzumakijl.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Mexico
dice said:

I can confirm you it indeed is "Moomin Tani no Okurimono"

If you see the box, It says

"???? ?" = Moomin Tani = Moomin Valley

"?"

"?????" = Gift

So the title is "Moomin's Valley Gift" (Probs "Gift of the Moomin Valley" but whatever heh.), If it where "Dani" (??) It wouldn't make any sense.

Also the kanji next to Moomin ("?") It's Tani.

wink2.gif

C175R

GBAtemp Pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Uzumakijl said:
dice said:

I can confirm you it indeed is "Moomin Tani no Okurimono"

If you see the box, It says

"???? ?" = Moomin Tani = Moomin Valley

"?"

"?????" = Gift

So the title is "Moomin's Valley Gift" (Probs "Gift of the Moomin Valley" but whatever heh.), If it where "Dani" (??) It wouldn't make any sense.

Also the kanji next to Moomin ("?") It's Tani.

wink2.gif

No. It IS Dani.
if ti is the ? by itself it is TANI but if it is connected to some other words you can pronounce it as Dani since it would easier to pronounce it.
I've lived in Japan for 10years so I can confirm it is Dani.

Phenie

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
C175R said:
No. It IS Dani.
if ti is the ? by itself it is TANI but if it is connected to some other words you can pronounce it as Dani since it would easier to pronounce it.
I've lived in Japan for 10years so I can confirm it is Dani.

See: http://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%83%A0%E3%...%83%B3%E8%B0%B7

It's dani. Learn from Gyakuten Saiban people, present evidence and no one can say you are wrong.
tongue.gif

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everywhere I've looked it has it listed as Tani (especially Gamefaqs). The way I came to the conclusion is with the movie Kaze no tani no Naushika which is Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. I looked up the Kanji on several different sites and they all say it's Tani, but I'm just going by what the internet says. Play Asia also has it down as Tani.

ragnamuffin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aeladya said:
Everywhere I've looked it has it listed as Tani (especially Gamefaqs). The way I came to the conclusion is with the movie Kaze no tani no Naushika which is Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. I looked up the Kanji on several different sites and they all say it's Tani, but I'm just going by what the internet says. Play Asia also has it down as Tani.

it's dani. for proof, please refer to the japanese wikipedia article, courtesy phenie's post.
????????????????????: Mumindalen?

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Wow, I really loved the book back in the days when I was a kid. Never seen a decent game based on it, though. This one looks pretty decent, might actually check it out. Will be nice for learning Japanese, too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: