DS #3834: Knights in the Nightmare (USA)

hova1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Raiyu245 said:
It looks super boring to me..and I mean really boring if not complex. How can you guys play this game?
People tend to go overly protective when it comes to Atlus and/or obscure japanese (s)RPG games. They're gonna play it no matter how shit the game is.

Kaos

Good show!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hova1 said:
Raiyu245 said:
It looks super boring to me..and I mean really boring if not complex. How can you guys play this game?
People tend to go overly protective when it comes to Atlus and/or obscure japanese (s)RPG games. They're gonna play it no matter how shit the game is.
What I don't like is when people just look at screenshots/videos and go "oh, that's crap".

Once you do the tutorials and try a few levels it's really fun.

kjean

Trophies
Website
homeless
XP
Country
Kaos said:
What I don't like is when people just look at screenshots/videos and go "oh, that's crap".

Once you do the tutorials and try a few levels it's really fun.
Yeah, why people keep expecting something amazing look out of it. Because it's the mighy Nintendo's the suberb DS?
smileipb2.png

Tayki

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
What about voices? Are they english or japanese? If english - has someone already tried to undub? No problems?

Clanver

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Germany
The game really hooked me~

I wasnt interested in the beginning after looking at some videos where i didnt understand a single thing.

Then i tried it yesterday, first it was great cause of the soundtrack, after playing all tutorials, i found myself enjoying the first missions and so on~
great game~

ZeroBlitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
hova1 said:
how can you people like this? It looks confusing as hell, i wouldn't even try to download it.
QUOTE(Raiyu245 @ Jun 5 2009, 06:39 AM) It looks super boring to me..and I mean really boring if not complex. How can you guys play this game?
It's complex so it doesn't look like a good game? I really don't understand where you people are coming from. I've never known a game's complexity to have any relation to how interesting it is - unless of course it's depth means you can get even more enjoyment out of it.

You would have a point if it was nonsensically complex to the level that most people couldn't understand it even after giving themselves time to try. Other people that are playing it are saying it is a good game after learning to understand it through the tutorials. You haven't even played the game yet you're talking as if it looks so boring it's not worth your attention.

Jeff88

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hova1 said:
Raiyu245 said:

And people tend to make stupid assumption just because other people like the game.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Raiyu245 said:
Just try it, you'll love it or hate it but to me the gameplay is really innovative, just like the other games in the Dept. Heaven series. I like how you have to move the Wisp in order to evade your enemies' attacks and select what attack you'll do and things like that. It's not a very hard game, but the gameplay really makes up for that. Also, it's not as complex as it looks. As I already said, just try it. It's good.

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
hova1 said:
how can you people like this? It looks confusing as hell, i wouldn't even try to download it.
QUOTE(Raiyu245 @ Jun 5 2009, 06:39 AM) It looks super boring to me..and I mean really boring if not complex. How can you guys play this game?

Well you guys are in luck, as there have been a couple of Imagine games dumped just recently which are simple to understand and not complex at all. They're also really colourful and bright, so you might find them really super fun, and they could interest you in a new future career, who knows.

I've got no affinity for Atlus in general, I find their games to be a bit hit or miss, but I do like the fact that they're willing to take a chance and release games, in the West, which have unique and original ideas, even if they don't always work. At least they're trying something new, which Knights in the Nightmare is, and for my part I really like this one. Yes it's complex, but they've included tutorials, and lots of them, to help you understand the concept, so yes this isn't a pick up and play kind of game, but that doesn't mean it's not a good one. At least bother to try it properly before condemning it.

mrfatso

That guy!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
kalmis said:
Diablo1123 said:
you'd think I'd try and beat Yggdra Union and Rivieria before playing this eh?

How are these games related? Other than from same company?

Gameplay sure looks interesting on this title. Will give it a shot for sure

err, if i recall correctly, they belong to the same universe

Domination

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Senegal
mrfatso said:
kalmis said:
Diablo1123 said:
you'd think I'd try and beat Yggdra Union and Rivieria before playing this eh?

How are these games related? Other than from same company?

Gameplay sure looks interesting on this title. Will give it a shot for sure

err, if i recall correctly, they belong to the same universe

Yep. The dept heaven series.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I went ahead and did every tutorial available (took a while). And I've now played a few chapters. You really only need the first basics tutorial. If you feel like it, look into EXP distribution and item power ups. Other than that, the first set of tutorials (which aren't that long, people. Haven't you guys played a MGS game before?) are plenty to get you into the game.

Once you get into it, the complexity isn't that daunting. In fact, it all just makes sense. It is complex, no doubt, but it all works. Ikaruga had some odd concepts for a shooter, but it turned out great. I think what gets people is the fact that it's all in real time. But I think Trauma Center was more difficult for real time on screen madness.

BlackNeedle

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
"complex" sounds to me like a nice precondition for an entertaining game. =)
But I won't judge before I actually tried, because you can't.
So I know what I'm going to do tomorrow... =)
~BlackNeedle

hksmrchan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn... I just uploaded mines to megaupload and was going to ask where to contact a dumper ;x

I'll get the next big dump: pokemon?
ohmy.gif
!

awesome game

Last Symphony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This game is so complex... and yet, I liked its mechanics...
It's a very unique game...

It almost took forever to finish the Tutorials and Tips...
But it's worth it anyway...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw