DS #3834: Knights in the Nightmare (USA)

Rock Raiyu

Clock Up
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just Joe said:
hova1 said:
how can you people like this? It looks confusing as hell, i wouldn't even try to download it.
QUOTE(Raiyu245 @ Jun 5 2009, 06:39 AM) It looks super boring to me..and I mean really boring if not complex. How can you guys play this game?

Well you guys are in luck, as there have been a couple of Imagine games dumped just recently which are simple to understand and not complex at all. They're also really colourful and bright, so you might find them really super fun, and they could interest you in a new future career, who knows.

I've got no affinity for Atlus in general, I find their games to be a bit hit or miss, but I do like the fact that they're willing to take a chance and release games, in the West, which have unique and original ideas, even if they don't always work. At least they're trying something new, which Knights in the Nightmare is, and for my part I really like this one. Yes it's complex, but they've included tutorials, and lots of them, to help you understand the concept, so yes this isn't a pick up and play kind of game, but that doesn't mean it's not a good one. At least bother to try it properly before condemning it.
Ok for one, why are you being so immature about it? I'm not the one to judge a game if I haven't played it yet. I've played the Japanese way before this one was even out so I have the right to make my assumption that its complex.

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
Raiyu245 said:
Ok for one, why are you being so immature about it?

It's genetic. Wolverine got Mutant Healing Factor and Bone Claws, I got Super Sarcasm and a headache.

QUOTE(Raiyu245 @ Jun 5 2009, 08:11 PM) I'm not the one to judge a game if I haven't played it yet. I've played the Japanese way before this one was even out so I have the right to make my assumption that its complex.

Yes I too played the Japanese release, and I also found it very complex, but I've put that down to the fact I can't read Japanese, and that I don't find trial and error much fun over very long periods.

Unfortunately your only comments were "It looks super boring to me..and I mean really boring if not complex. How can you guys play this game?" and so I also made an assumption, which was that you hadn't actually played this release properly, if at all.

Maybe I was wrong, but at least it proves the point that "You should never make an assumption, because you'll make an ASS out of U and... MPTION".

hksmrchan

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Omans, I just got past the first boss, its AWESOME. I'm a big fan of touhou like games and this hits the spot xD

personager

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very complicated but brilliant game. Took me about 45 minutes just to go through the tutorials and tips etc. These are the games and gaming companies/publishers people should appreciate, being risky and innovative by releasing a game which might not appeal to the masses in an age of gaming where everyone is obsessed about making games "family friendly."

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I was really liking it until I finished the tutorials and started playing the actual game. Now I can't complete the first battle. I can't defeat the enemies. Love the concepts, though. They've really implemented the touch screen in some simple but entertaining ways for an SRPG. Just wish I knew what I was doing.
wacko.gif

pppppooooo

Trophies
XP
Country
This game gets boring fast. Pick units, pick weapons, charge attacks, BOOM, end round. Repeat-repeat-repeat
wacko.gif

Well then again that's how every other game is too.
yaypsp.gif

RvLeshrac

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shyo said:
I cant carry my playstation 2 around

Aye, but you can play Disgaea on a PSP. And if you have a PS2-BC PS3, you can Remote Play.

With a decent laptop, you can just emulate the PS2.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pppppooooo said:
This game gets boring fast. Pick units, pick weapons, charge attacks, BOOM, end round. Repeat-repeat-repeat
wacko.gif

Well then again that's how every other game is too.
yaypsp.gif

Yeah I was gonna say, this is like a super fancy version of Every Extend... which was an awesome game in and of itself.

I beat the Japanese version, but I picked it up again because I thought I could understand the story better if it was in English... but no, just as confusing.

BestIntrest

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After you look through a few tuts it's not that confusing.

Anyone have any comments on the story? I haven't bothered to read any of it.

ninovalenti

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
is there a helping thread about this game? cant figure out what to do in the first mission. and why make my char so less damage? wtf?? what to DO???

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BestIntrest said:
After you look through a few tuts it's not that confusing.

Anyone have any comments on the story? I haven't bothered to read any of it.

Besides that it's confusing, no. It makes more an more sense as you go on (like any good story), but it's confusing at first because each chapter you get a scene that's in the past, and another is in the present. The scenes in the past aren't in order, so it's not like other games where they reveal a little more with each flashback. The thing is I'm not exactly sure of the time that the game takes place. I know it's after the King dies (obviously), but I can't remember how many days after. I'll figure it out the next time through.

Dark_linis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ZeroEXE93 said:
I went through all of the "First Step" tutorials and a few of the other ones but I still have no clue what's going on. I guess I'll try playing through them again later. =/
I was having the same problem at first. Turns out I wasnt equipting wepons. Make use you touch a wepon, slide it over to the unit you want to give it to and hold it for however long you need to and then finally let it go. dont pick up the stylus from the screen until then.

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow Bullet hell type games are my favorite cuz if u let someone watch u play they freak out. Sounds crazy I'll buy it tomorrow. From NP this was the first line in the review>> "Some games have a learning curve. This has a learning cliff."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/eTlZ0qcSZf4?si=0vpkdIWplaLMFVqv