DS #3562: From the Abyss (Europe)

kitetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Like I said, the game's just obscenely shallow for its own type and (sub?)genre. I had to cheat and max the character's speed so I can enjoy a moment with my bow. It's just that slow.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Link5084 said:
Holy crap, they really did butcher the European boxart to make it look suitable for kids. The American boxart looks a bit adult-oriented. Haha

No, the American boxart looks schoolboy oriented. At least in this version people are wearing pants instead of just two belts.

u4Wii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
haxxzor said:
LOL, I can imagine the Japanese boxart...

Japanese boxart...

2791.png

Not as ecchi as you'd think
yaypsp.gif

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xxRAG3 said:
Haha, IGN said it was hard.
It depends a lot on your character build. Some spells and skills are overpowered (seriously, the fourth air spell is absurd -- it barely costs anything and causes you to continuously fire a rapid stream of homing air bolts that will kill everything nearby for the next few seconds. And you can walk around while firing it, finishing an entire screen.)

But if you neglect your defense stat and armor, there are monsters later on that can unexpectedly pounce on you, get a bunch of hits in a row, and kill you instantly.

I like it, oddly. It's not great, but it's fun to collect abilities, and it has some fun ones. My favorite is the bow skill that lets you fire arrows that hang in the air until you do a normal attack -- you can scream "ZA WARUDO!", then fire six or seven arrows at once, then lure an enemy over and let them go all at once.

Not actually very useful, but fun.

Harpuia

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easiest action-rpg I've played. Last boss literally went down in 1-2 minutes. (when I played the japanese version, bruteforcing through menus)

Just Joe

Trophies
XP
Country
Something I just noticed about the Euro version of the game is that the script has been re-written. Although the story is the same it's wording has been altered noticeably.

Just seems like an odd thing to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)