Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MadPerson said:
funem said:
MadPerson said:
should work fine on M3 Real using Touchpod FW (4.2e)

It works fine till you get to the bonus level and then you get one black screen, you then have to skip the bonus level and replay the last level without getting the bonus one. I am using Touchpod 4.2e.

next time could u report an M3 Reall FW Problems Here

Sure thing as you "almost" asked so nicely

*checks dictionary.....

yep, please is still in there......

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
HeatMan Advance said:
This totally makes up for that horrible Puzzle Quest port. This is how a good port from PC should be done. Perfect.

I dunno, I'd never played the PC version but I went and got it after playing the DS version and... I dunno the physics seems pretty limited on the DS and it seems a fair bit rougher, slower and clunkier.

gacktgacktgackt

Trophies
Website
thedeskandchair.blogspot.com
XP
Country
HeatMan Advance said:
This totally makes up for that horrible Puzzle Quest port. This is how a good port from PC should be done. Perfect.
Here are the reasons why this is not a good port from the PC
  • Terrible sprites
  • Cut down sound
  • No action replays
  • Shitty "pinball" sections that are nothing like pinball
  • The "Moment of Impact" is completely ruined when instead of fireworks and rainbows filling the screen when you hit your final orange peg (like the PC version), all that happens is a terribly cut down version of Ode to Joy + distinctly unjoyful trail of colour following your peggle ball
  • Framerate is actually SHOCKING. The iPod can get the framerate right, the iPhone can get the framerate right, hell even my shitty mobile phone can get the frame rate right. The DS can handle full 3D at 30fps yet can't give a steady framerate to a shitty port like this? Bullshit
  • Bonuses, where are they exactly? Significantly cut down bonuses
  • New levels? Any? Aside from those "pinball" ones? No, next.
  • Dual Shot... pretty pointless name seeing as there's nothing "Dual" about the game at all
  • Annoying "zoom mode" which seems to activate whenever it fucking well wants to
  • Lastly, it's just utterly shit.

toh_yxes

Trophies
XP
Country
gacktgacktgackt said:
HeatMan Advance said:
  • Terrible sprites
  • Cut down sound
  • No action replays
  • The "Moment of Impact" is completely ruined when instead of fireworks and rainbows filling the screen when you hit your final orange peg (like the PC version), all that happens is a terribly cut down version of Ode to Joy + distinctly unjoyful trail of colour following your peggle ball
  • Framerate is actually SHOCKING. The iPod can get the framerate right, the iPhone can get the framerate right, hell even my shitty mobile phone can get the frame rate right. The DS can handle full 3D at 30fps yet can't give a steady framerate to a shitty port like this? Bullshit
  • Dual Shot... pretty pointless name seeing as there's nothing "Dual" about the game at all
  • Annoying "zoom mode" which seems to activate whenever it fucking well wants to

dude u r just retarded.
1. the sprites are just fine.
2. who cares? its the gameplay
3. u don't need replays.
4. this is peggle, not pinball
5. oh well, life goes on.
6. the game still plays fine even with the shitty framerate.
7. contradictions contradictions. bonuses where are they? right here, just smaller.
8.New levels? no. thats why its a PORT
9. have you ever considered the Pokemon names? pokemon platinum, diamond and pearl, have basically nothin to do with the game except for the legendary dudes. and dual shot is named after the two screens and Dual Shots is DS.
10. the zoom only happens with the stylus. try using the other control method known as the directional keys.
11. lastly, its awesome!

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
gacktgacktgackt said:
HeatMan Advance said:
  • Terrible sprites
  • Cut down sound
  • No action replays

I have the PPC version and the PC version, I am not sure what you want out of your DS. The screen is only 256x192 which is the same resolution as a ZX Spectrum, the fact it looks good on here is good enough for me. The PPC version runs in 320x240 which is a lot more pixels to play with and the PC is a lot more than that. The game is more than fine, it captures all the bits that make the game addictive and that's all that matters. As I said I have the PPC version and the PC one and they are virtually identical, but I am not complaining, I loved the PC game and now I can play the same game on the train. If it was the same people would go "oh Jesus H Christ why pay again for the same game" and if it was different the same people would complain "its different, If I wanted different I would have bought another game".

Oh and Duel shot a pointless name, maybe but think about it you get Peggle and Peggle Nights on one cart, that's one cart I doubt you and half the others in this thread have even paid for......

I love the simple pickup and play games and this does the job in spades.......

It says Peggle on the tin and its peggle when I play it.... nuff said...

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
HeatMan Advance said:

I dunno, I'd never played the PC version but I went and got it after playing the DS version and... I dunno the physics seems pretty limited on the DS and it seems a fair bit rougher, slower and clunkier.

Y'know, after giving it more of a chance I'm actually getting into it and forgiving some of the issues. The missus seems to be hooked as well.

Mr.Mister

Trophies
Website
forum.72dpiarmy.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah took about 5 levels and now I'm just addictd to it as I was on the PC versions. Also, I like the gold peg idea.

OH AND THERE ARE NEW LEVELS. 10 IN FACT. Look for the levels with Q in the name or something like that... you unlock them in adventure and play them in Free Play.

gacktgacktgackt

Trophies
Website
thedeskandchair.blogspot.com
XP
Country
funem said:
gacktgacktgackt said:
HeatMan Advance said:
  • Terrible sprites
  • Cut down sound
  • No action replays

I have the PPC version and the PC version, I am not sure what you want out of your DS. The screen is only 256x192 which is the same resolution as a ZX Spectrum, the fact it looks good on here is good enough for me. The PPC version runs in 320x240 which is a lot more pixels to play with and the PC is a lot more than that. The game is more than fine, it captures all the bits that make the game addictive and that's all that matters. As I said I have the PPC version and the PC one and they are virtually identical, but I am not complaining, I loved the PC game and now I can play the same game on the train. If it was the same people would go "oh Jesus H Christ why pay again for the same game" and if it was different the same people would complain "its different, If I wanted different I would have bought another game".

Oh and Duel shot a pointless name, maybe but think about it you get Peggle and Peggle Nights on one cart, that's one cart I doubt you and half the others in this thread have even paid for......

I love the simple pickup and play games and this does the job in spades.......

It says Peggle on the tin and its peggle when I play it.... nuff said...

I paid a total of £6 for Peggle Deluxe/Peggle Nights on the PC. Both amazing.

They're expecting me to pay £20 for this? No. It's fucking rubbish.]

EDIT : Also, just to clarify. If a PC that is several years old, an iPod Nano, and a 2 year old mobile phone can produce very faithful clones of Peggle... then I'd at least expect that spending £20 (yes, £20, almost 3 times more than I'd pay for any other version of Peggle) would mean I'd be getting a decent version, not a version plagued by framerate issues and a complete lack of anything new.

Seriously my point is that people can produce entirely 3D games at a constant framerate of 30fps on the DS, PopCap can't even do a basic 2D game at anywhere near the same FR. Shoddy programming, shoddy game, shoddy, just complete and utter fucking rubbish.

xxRAG3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AW SHIT, I HAD TO STUDY FOR A QUIZ TOMORROW. I guess i'm gonna have to fail that one
frown.gif

Private|Par

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
gacktgacktgackt said:
HeatMan Advance said:
  • Terrible sprites
  • Cut down sound
  • No action replays

Here are the reasons why you're a moron.
biggrin.gif

1. For one thing, I have no idea what you mean by Sprites. It's a ball. With coloured pegs. Pretty hard to f*ck that up.
2. Cut down sound? Once again, I don't know what you mean. The only real "sound" of any significance is OtJ, and I think the quality on that is extremely good (although I'm not really paying attention, I'd rather watch my ball rocket around the screen.
3. Instead of no fireworks and rainbows, would you prefer a framerate drop as millions of objects filled the screen? And not to be able to see your precious "Moment of Impact," as the screen is completely covered in stupid rainbows? Seriously.
4. Framerate? It's F*CKING PEGGLE. You aim, you shoot. FR doesn't matter in a game like this. It's like people who complain about Framerate drops in turn-based games. It's turn based. There isn't much to watch in any case. A ball dropping hitting pegs? I play Peggle when I'm reading, or doing homework, or waiting for my SLOW AS HELL 360 to load up. Peggle isn't designed for you to sit there and drop 5 hours of your life playing. (Although I have.)
5. I haven't progressed far enough to see the bonuses (only up to Pyramid Head), so I'll get back to you on that one.
6. New levels? Correct me if I'm wrong, but do the mobile/iPhone/iPod games come with new levels?
7. Dual Shot... Peggle and Peggle Nights, perhaps? I agree with you though. Stupid name.
8. Haven't experienced this, will keep my eye out for it.

I love Peggle, and own it on the PC and now on DS. Whilst not worth the high price tag on the DS, to have a portable version of Peggle without having an iPhone/Pod could be worth it to people.

Those people need to get iPods though.
biggrin.gif

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tried a few levels. The game is ok, but nothing special. It's more about luck than anything else. You just aim for the first peg you want to hit and after that the ball pretty much goes its own way. It's so random.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
kedest said:
Tried a few levels. The game is ok, but nothing special. It's more about luck than anything else. You just aim for the first peg you want to hit and after that the ball pretty much goes its own way. It's so random.

Its like pool and snooker the angle you hit a peg has an effect on the angle it bounces off it, you can apply the same rule to walls and other objects... not so much luck, unless you have a zen ball.

igisPL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I am disappointed. I love that game on mac, i got it also on my ipod.
In both cases I was playing a high quality product.

Peggle DS looks like cheap java game for mobile phone - the biggest advantage is that you get Peggle AND Peggle Nights (additional levels if I am not mistaken)And that's all. As I said, Pop Cap used to provide high standard products - it seems the DS version is an expection of the rule.

By the way, how many times Pop Cap will release exactly the same game over and over again? The same characters, levels, everything!

P.S. Zoom mode activates when you hold stylus on the screen

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
gacktgacktgackt said:
I paid a total of £6 for Peggle Deluxe/Peggle Nights on the PC. Both amazing.

They're expecting me to pay £20 for this? No. It's fucking rubbish.]

EDIT : Also, just to clarify. If a PC that is several years old, an iPod Nano, and a 2 year old mobile phone can produce very faithful clones of Peggle... then I'd at least expect that spending £20 (yes, £20, almost 3 times more than I'd pay for any other version of Peggle) would mean I'd be getting a decent version, not a version plagued by framerate issues and a complete lack of anything new.

Seriously my point is that people can produce entirely 3D games at a constant framerate of 30fps on the DS, PopCap can't even do a basic 2D game at anywhere near the same FR. Shoddy programming, shoddy game, shoddy, just complete and utter fucking rubbish.

1) A nearly 5 years old portable gaming system versus a desktop, iPod Nano, and a 2 year old mobile phone?
Comparing the launching price of the DS, iPod, and the mobile phone, DS is EXPECTED TO UNDERPERFORM any of them.
Given what you can do with the DS, the price difference with the other products isn't justified.

As for your desktop, let me say this: Pentium 1 processor outperforms PSP in general. Unless your processor is over 18 years old, comparison with the DS is meaningless.

2) If Peggle DS weren't downloadable (i.e., no tangible form), you can easily expect its price to be in $5 (or £3.5) range.

3) Edit: (since I beat the game now) I only experienced frame drop when duelling, when the game's calculating where to shoot. Extending point 1, you know why it happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 📚 🗒️ ✏️ 🤓 +1