Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap this is fun. I can't believe I've missed the Peggle boat for this long.

The DS vs. other systems debate gets really tiring. Either you like the game or you don't, and the DS is what it is. Wishing the DS had more capabilities isn't going to get you anywhere. Try to appreciate the games for what they are, or go play something else. Bitching about the quality of the graphics on the system is getting really old. Every damn release thread has someone bitching about the graphics.

Play the games for their gameplay. Enjoy the games for their gameplay. Appreciate games for their gamplay. If you want the highest quality graphics available today, you bought the wrong damn system. No amount of bitching is going to change that.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Kind of sucks that there's no local wireless, was playing a dual in the pub last night and passing a DS back and forth took a lot of the fun out of it in terms of seeing your opponents move

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Do people seriously expect the DS to compete with a PC in graphics? That's just flat-out dumb.
wtf.gif

Even PSP is more powerful, let alone PC.

mauroh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Szyslak said:
Holy crap this is fun. I can't believe I've missed the Peggle boat for this long.

The DS vs. other systems debate gets really tiring. Either you like the game or you don't, and the DS is what it is. Wishing the DS had more capabilities isn't going to get you anywhere. Try to appreciate the games for what they are, or go play something else. Bitching about the quality of the graphics on the system is getting really old. Every damn release thread has someone bitching about the graphics.

Play the games for their gameplay. Enjoy the games for their gameplay. Appreciate games for their gamplay. If you want the highest quality graphics available today, you bought the wrong damn system. No amount of bitching is going to change that.

Spoken like a true fanboy! Just kiddin'... no bashing please!

On topic: Damn I think I suck at this game... I'm having a bit of trouble getting that last peggle that hangs under the yin yang sign!!

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mauroh said:
Szyslak said:

Spoken like a true fanboy! Just kiddin'... no bashing please!
lol, I guess that was a little fan-boyish, but that wasn't my intent. Believe me, I wish the DS had better graphics, but at some point, you have to accept the limitations of the system, and judge games based on their own merit.

If you can't go back and play NES games or games from older systems because the "graphics suck", then I feel bad for you. I honestly do. You can miss out on a lot of fun games by being overly judgmental of the presentation.

"you" in a general sense, not you mauroh.

KYUSS123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i'm trying to play this on an R4 card.... it doesn't create a sav file before it starts!!!
then when it loads it says it can't access the save... is there anyway to create a .sav manually?

thanks
KYUSS

KYUSS123

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
KYUSS123 said:
i'm trying to play this on an R4 card.... it doesn't create a sav file before it starts!!!
then when it loads it says it can't access the save... is there anyway to create a .sav manually?

thanks
KYUSS

Oops sorry!
Fixed it... it was on the wifes card... Firmware 1.14.
updated to 1.18 and its working like a charm.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16