DS #3191: Phantasy Star Zero (Japan)

SamusKnight2K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay this is ****ing ticking me off! I've tried creating an *.scc file and only get some funky garbled green images when it tries to load the cheat file. And when I patch the game using DSATM all I get is a damned white screen! I've even tried what someone recommended in the cheat compilation thread and ran it by ticking the DSTT box during patching. It DOES run this way, but the code doesn't seem to work. For the DSATM program I pasted this into a text file:

---(All after this line)---
020C5690 E3A00000
020C5694 E12FFF1E
020C59F0 E3A00000
020C59F4 E12FFF1E
---(All before this line)---

With the following settings:

Trainer: Checked
ARM7 Fix: Unchecked
Slow Motion: Unchecked
Enable/Disable: Unchecked
DSTT?: Unchecked (Checked once and the game loaded, but code failed to work.)

So can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

EDIT: I'm using a Supercard DS ONE.

SamusKnight2K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just ignore him, Broomop here just likes to show off. To him it's fun to mess around with a game people worked hard on. T'was the same when PSU first came out until he and the rest got bored of it and left.

SamusKnight2K

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got it working now but strange thing is that the game plays for awhile, then the sound stops and it freezes... I guess I'll have to look into it later... Hopefully someone's got an answer to this part. Supercard DS ONE by the way.

KageNoSennin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ranma said:
After the first mission, go outside the guild or whatever they call it these days, and watch your 2 npc friends talk about something. Then go back inside and go to the door that's opposite the mission girl. That's the Principal's office, or the equivalent for this game. Talk to him, then you can get to the second mission. It freezes up on me when I get to the boss, though.
frown.gif

I'm also having this problem before facing the dragon boss.
I'm on a SuperCardDS with SuperKey on a DS Lite and using a handmade DSATM patched game.
Any insight or help available?
It starts to load a little then just freezes, so I have to think it has something to do with the Dragon character model loading or something retarded like that.

Broomop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just press start and go through ur menus one u will see mag icon click on it.. what i want to know is how to join ur firneds i can only join other people!!

VISHI SO FISHI

Cricket My love!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
I have some good news for r4 users..

This game works perfectly with Narins fix on the proper r4 kernel , Tested with 1.18!

U might need to move the games cheat up , using the r4cce so the r4 can read it..u might not ..i am not sure..i put it up anyways..

I have played quite a bit without no problems..

thanks narin, you are god

Broomop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
BROOMOP 4253-7456-3572

if anyone wants to add me im level 100 and good attacking...

also if anyone has trouble setting up online games heres a quote from game faqs:

You can play PSZ with up to three other people. This'll be a run-down of the menus.

First: To add Friend Codes.
As soon as you press start you're greeted with your character slots. To see your friend code and register other friends, press A on the menu right above Wi-Fi. There you'll see your name, your friend code and three options.

Option 1: View friends.
Option 2: Add friend.
Option 3: Change shown name.

Now that you've got friends (and a Wi-Fi connection, durrr) select your character and go down to Wi-Fi. It'll have the golden emblem, not the silver like Local Multiplayer. You'll be greeted by a prompt, press A on the first option. It's already highlighted. You'll connect and then you'll see three options.

First option: Host/Join Game.
To host a game, click the first option. You'll be sent to a room where you can draw, that's the lobby. When your friends join, you'll see an 'A' icon appear next to the 'Start' icon. Press A to start the game.
To join a game, go to the second. You'll see your friends list! This is the most confusing part that I've found. At your friends list, you'll see four icons.

- Blue background, black person symbol. This means they're waiting in the lobby, waiting for people to join their game. The amount of symbols is how many people are there.
- Green chainlink. This means they're online, but not in a lobby.
- Grey chainlink. They're offline.
- Red background, black running guy. They're in a game.

Now, to join a game. You'll need someone in a lobby. When they're there, press A. Click the first option, and then the first option again. It takes a little bit of time to join a lobby, so if you see yourself alone in there don't pay any mind, you're joining.

Caution: Press A and choosing the first (and only) option on someone who ISN'T in a lobby will delete them from your friends list.

The second option in the main Wi-Fi menu is random matchmaking. I'm not sure what the first red tick is, but the other three are levels. When you're happy with the settings, press A on the two Japanese characters at the bottom-right and you'll start searching. I haven't used this to an extent, so I don't know much after that.

The third and last option in the main Wi-Fi menu is to start a game. Alone. Nobody can join, but it'll notify you when people log onto your friends list and when they make a lobby. It's a good way to play if you're waiting for a friend to come on.

Hope this helps.

lcleong

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Broomop said:
BROOMOP 4253-7456-3572

if anyone wants to add me im level 100 and good attacking...

also if anyone has trouble setting up online games heres a quote from game faqs:

You can play PSZ with up to three other people. This'll be a run-down of the menus.

First: To add Friend Codes.
As soon as you press start you're greeted with your character slots. To see your friend code and register other friends, press A on the menu right above Wi-Fi. There you'll see your name, your friend code and three options.

Option 1: View friends.
Option 2: Add friend.
Option 3: Change shown name.

Now that you've got friends (and a Wi-Fi connection, durrr) select your character and go down to Wi-Fi. It'll have the golden emblem, not the silver like Local Multiplayer. You'll be greeted by a prompt, press A on the first option. It's already highlighted. You'll connect and then you'll see three options.

First option: Host/Join Game.
To host a game, click the first option. You'll be sent to a room where you can draw, that's the lobby. When your friends join, you'll see an 'A' icon appear next to the 'Start' icon. Press A to start the game.
To join a game, go to the second. You'll see your friends list! This is the most confusing part that I've found. At your friends list, you'll see four icons.

- Blue background, black person symbol. This means they're waiting in the lobby, waiting for people to join their game. The amount of symbols is how many people are there.
- Green chainlink. This means they're online, but not in a lobby.
- Grey chainlink. They're offline.
- Red background, black running guy. They're in a game.

Now, to join a game. You'll need someone in a lobby. When they're there, press A. Click the first option, and then the first option again. It takes a little bit of time to join a lobby, so if you see yourself alone in there don't pay any mind, you're joining.

Caution: Press A and choosing the first (and only) option on someone who ISN'T in a lobby will delete them from your friends list.

The second option in the main Wi-Fi menu is random matchmaking. I'm not sure what the first red tick is, but the other three are levels. When you're happy with the settings, press A on the two Japanese characters at the bottom-right and you'll start searching. I haven't used this to an extent, so I don't know much after that.

The third and last option in the main Wi-Fi menu is to start a game. Alone. Nobody can join, but it'll notify you when people log onto your friends list and when they make a lobby. It's a good way to play if you're waiting for a friend to come on.

Hope this helps.

blink.gif

HOLY SHIT@!!! lvl 100? u cheating or wat?

Broomop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zane said:
Which is impossible if you go by what the devs said, that it would take a really long time to reach max level.

He's cheating alright.
yeah it would take a long time to get level 100 (stupid amounts of time) ive done stats hack now.. and unlike how everyone else probly going to do it (with AR) right now i did it with nothing more than notepad.. LOL

But when i get my code maker thing ill be making proper codes then i want to item mod wahh!

http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lolpv5.jpg

heres another picture.

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is awesome
smile.gif

Used to play it back then on the Dreamcast.
Good old times!

Tho I hope they release a (E\U) version soon.
My Japanese skills dont go far but I find the menu`s quite easy to use.
Guess that helps when you played it on the Dreamcast.

Id like to thank Narin and all other people who made it possible to bypass this security check!

Greetz, Vistabuser.

Tycho01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ranma said:
It freezes up on me when I get to the boss, though.
frown.gif

QUOTE(KageNoSennin @ Dec 20 2008, 10:06 AM) I'm also having this problem before facing the dragon boss. I'm on a SuperCardDS with SuperKey using a handmade DSATM patched game.

Same problem each time I try for both the dragon/octopus bosses, although the yetis seem fine (Cast story mission 1, not a real boss though). Same for my brother. So far we've tried multiple flashcarts (R4 and DSTT), multiple micro SDs, and two different rom releases (Xenophobia and Espanlds). Using an old DS, and two handmade DSATM-patched roms (didn't check/uncheck anything extra other than DSTT).
Anyone got a clue?

Huepow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
SamusKnight2K said:
Okay this is ****ing ticking me off! I've tried creating an *.scc file and only get some funky garbled green images when it tries to load the cheat file. And when I patch the game using DSATM all I get is a damned white screen! I've even tried what someone recommended in the cheat compilation thread and ran it by ticking the DSTT box during patching. It DOES run this way, but the code doesn't seem to work. For the DSATM program I pasted this into a text file:

---(All after this line)---
020C5690 E3A00000
020C5694 E12FFF1E
020C59F0 E3A00000
020C59F4 E12FFF1E
---(All before this line)---

With the following settings:

Trainer: Checked
ARM7 Fix: Unchecked
Slow Motion: Unchecked
Enable/Disable: Unchecked
DSTT?: Unchecked (Checked once and the game loaded, but code failed to work.)

So can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong here?

EDIT: I'm using a Supercard DS ONE.

I'm in the same boat. I'm following what people have been posting but it simply does not work for me. That said, this is the first time I've used this program, but it looks simple enough. Is anyone able to suggest anything?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol