ohmy.gif

????????NDS ???????

Sanction

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gab said:
Title should be "MITE WA IKENAI" meaning "DON'T LOOK!"...

Err, no it shouldn't. That is the way the kanji is said, because the "ha" is written with the meaning of "wa". When typing it out, it's MiteHA Ikenai, but the way you say it is MiteWA Ikenai.

Don't try to be a smartass.

Schadenfreude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sanction said:
Gab said:

Err, no it shouldn't. That is the way the kanji is said, because the "ha" is written with the meaning of "wa". When typing it out, it's MiteHA Ikenai, but the way you say it is MiteWA Ikenai.

You should take your own advice.
First off, what you're talking about is obviously not kanji but hiragana.
Second, it depends on the system of romanization you want to use, but using wa when romanizing ? used as a particle is much more prevalent. Not to mention that either way a space between Mite and ha/wa would have been nice.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schadenfreude said:
Sanction said:
Gab said:

You should take your own advice.
First off, what you're talking about is obviously not kanji but hiragana.
Second, it depends on the system of romanization you want to use, but using wa when romanizing ? used as a particle is much more prevalent. Not to mention that either way a space between Mite and ha/wa would have been nice.

Hate to break up you guys' grammar gang wars, but really, who gives a rat's? This is, for all intents and purposes, a site for English-speaking people, and I doubt most Tempers care about whether it's "wa" or "ha," brah!

Doesn't look like the game is very playable without knowledge of Japanese, so you two enjoy it, but I think the rest of us know now what we need to know about this game.
wink.gif

lavalamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, can one of you guys who DOES know Japanese please give me a hint as to what the hell the point of the "story" mode or whatever is? The only thing I've been able to do is go from room to room in the house, occasionally running in to the pigtailed silhouette girl, and everyone says stuff in Japanese.
smile.gif

The only thing I can click on is the journal, which shows all the puzzles you've completed (in the minigame mode).
I'm not asking for a translation, or anything much, just something like "you go around the different rooms until you hear stories from all the ones that have them, and then you start finding ghosts and blow them up in an FPS with nudity"...or, you know, whatever the point actually is.

I find myself translating in my head. "oh sorry my room is so messy" "but...you don't even have any furniture" "yes but that dresser is cluttering the room and I can't relax here" "you are insane" "I will not talk to you any more, please feel free to roam the house aimlessly and I will pop back out of my nether realm and answer questions when I feel like it" "okthxbye"

Anyway, I've played about a zillion rounds of the I spy game and while some are cheap, some are impossible, and some are easy, they're still fun to me since I like the movie genre so much.
smile.gif

scoozer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
jesterscourt said:
Whens the SE horror game come out about the cursed 8bit RPG that makes you die after 7 days of playing it?

i think its already released some time ago

edit: Here it is: 2420 - Nanashi no Game (J)

Cyprene

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As described in the introduction, the basic idea of that adventure game is that you've moved into a cursed house.
You're unpacking and you find a mysterious album on your dresser in your room. You'll know it because its GLOWING RED.
You can "look through" this album by quitting the adventure mini-game and playing the 'spirit photos' minigame.
As you switch between the games various evil events will happen in your cursed house.

If you don't speak Japanese you're wasting your time on it.

lavalamp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyprene said:
As described in the introduction, the basic idea of that adventure game is that you've moved into a cursed house.
You're unpacking and you find a mysterious album on your dresser in your room. You'll know it because its GLOWING RED.
You can "look through" this album by quitting the adventure mini-game and playing the 'spirit photos' minigame.
As you switch between the games various evil events will happen in your cursed house.

If you don't speak Japanese you're wasting your time on it.

Sorry for the late reply - thanks! I appreciate it.
That makes sense. I knew I wouldn't be able to get much out of the main game, but I was curious. Oh well...one of those games where it's 100% certain it won't come to the US.
frown.gif

Still like the Where's Ghost Waldo game.
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Lol Veho goatse device! +1