DS #2551: Monster Farm DS 2 Yomigaeru Master Breeder Densetsu (Japan)

Gab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I am glad this video game series is still alive. I am quite the Suezo fan.

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow, another game with a sequel that I never finished the first of.

I have a lot of backtracking to do. Good to see the series continue.

P

pasc

what is this game about ? I used to watch the TV Series... but thats about it.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had monster rancher for the PlayStation... it was kinda cool, you had to put in all kinds of different CDs you owned to get the monsters...

Wonder if they can do that with NDS... like put different NDS/GBA games in, and it'll give you different monsters... that would be really cool!

OwlPen0r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd suggest trying Monster Rancher Advance in english whilst you wait for this. I don't think it would very playable in Japanese, although i've not got it.

Also, if its like the GBA version, then you just put in different words for different monsters. Good thing (or bad thing, depending how you look at it) about this is that you can just go to somewhere like GameFAQs and look up lists for rarer monsters.

Or you can just type in PENIS and see what happens.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
asuri said:
is this playable without knowledge of japenese
Is this the new "Is this PAL compatible question?"

[EDIT]
I nominate posers of both questions for the Darwin awards... even if they're not messily imbecilic...
[/EDIT]

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cutterjohn said:
asuri said:
is this playable without knowledge of japenese
Is this the new "Is this PAL compatible question?"

No. It's an old question that appears all too often. But hey, I understand folks interest in wanting to play it. It looks like it could be fun. I'm sure we'll see an English version eventually.

Mei-o

Generic Asian Kid™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
YAY! I've always loved the Monster Rancher series, especially the PS1 games. The strongest monster I ever had was a pure Joker and my first unique monster (??? sub) was a Soldier Gaboo, IIRC, I got it from MGS.

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
_Unmei_ said:
YAY! I've always loved the Monster Rancher series, especially the PS1 games. The strongest monster I ever had was a pure Joker and my first unique monster (??? sub) was a Soldier Gaboo, IIRC, I got it from MGS.

Yeah, I have to admit that the "unlock monsters with other CDs" feature was great. The password system on the GBA games was cool too, not as much as the CD-based one, but it was a way of getting monsters unique enough to make the game stand out among the rest of monster-raising games.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Monster Farm DS (the first one) had you draw things using the touch screen to summon different monsters.

Since the first one still hasn't made it in this part of the world, I don't think the second one has any better chances.

It doesn't require heavy Japanese, once you know what each menu does you'll be good to go.

I don't see much improvement from the first one, don't think I'll check it out anytime soon unless people rave over how good it is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk