DS #2385: Daigasso! Band Brothers DX (Japan)

Dacvak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gwozdz said:
I know this is kind of a weird request and all, but is there a hack/patch that reverses the colour of the up (Green) and left (Blue) to the why it was in the first game? is it even possible? I have been playing the first game for the last two years and have the colour mapped into my brain. Plus that makes the most logic! Why did they change that in the first place, X is blue; Y is green; it should match the D-pad. Thanks

There's nothing out there that will change it, and there probably won't be, either.

I was the same way, though, and I got used to it. I'm pretty sure they changed it so that in 4 button mode, they'd all be different colors.

~Dac

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't use the colors as cues for a note, but rather, the button
tongue.gif
But it's nothing a small graphic edit shouldn't be able to fix. Just go in and manually replace the colors--you shouldn't need to muck with any palettes or the like, as it's likely all the buttons use one singular palette :/

Impossible

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I guess I should post the massive song collection here, too:

http://rapidshare.com/files/132745038/Band...Ver._1.rar.html

This was mainly done by me and Dacvak, with help from tokoshix, who contributed some songs, and FFandMMfan, who did most of the download song translating. It contains five folders:

Download Songs - 163 songs from the official download server. Also contains a folder of improved versions of some songs, edited by myself or Dacvak. These are highly recommended, especially as the original Ride on Shooting Star kind of sucks.

Original Band Bros Songs - Contains 22 out of the 38 songs from the original game, with English titles. These had to be edited manually by Dacvak to sound like the originals, so currently we just have the best songs - all the game music, and most of the TV and J-Pop songs. There are also edited versions of the Mario and F-Zero medleys with some nice changes. In the future, we hope to have all 38 BB songs and 31 expansion songs.

BDX Files - 20 songs made in the new BBDX editor. Currently contains very little, but my songs and Dac's are in there.

BDX Files (BBS) - Nearly 200 songs made in Band Brothers, converted to BDX. Many of these also contain various edits and improvements, and are renamed with English titles in-game. Some of these are really amazing, so be sure to try them out.

BDX Programs - Currently just includes deufeufeu's homebrew tool for slot-2 flash cards, and a link to yasu's site with an explanation of how to download bdxtool.

I'm still always looking for more BDX files of download songs, so if you can share them (using deufeufeu's tool), please do. I'm especially interested in finding Butter-Fly, although I've included my own version (in dire need of some fixes) in the BDX folder.

twIstErOId_AmbAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Well, now that we have deufeufeu's tool for dumping saves, has anyone tried wifi downloading on a flashcart with a dumped save?

Edit: just realized that trying this MAY result in banning of your save file. Oh well.

Dacvak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twIstErOId_AmbAssAdOr said:
Well, now that we have deufeufeu's tool for dumping saves, has anyone tried wifi downloading on a flashcart with a dumped save?

Edit: just realized that trying this MAY result in banning of your save file. Oh well.

I've done it. It works. I didn't download a butt-load of songs, though, so I'm not sure if I'll get banned past 100 songs.

~Dac

Quick Click

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks Impossible! I've been looking around for some .bdx songs for a bit but haven't had much luck until I saw your link. I know that took alot of effort and I really appreciate it! Keep up the good work!

CaTZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
@Impossible; do you have Yuzurenai Nagai (magic knight rayearth Opening) in your pack? Because I can't find it
tongue.gif

edit: nevermind, I got it using deudefu tools
tongue.gif
thanks
smile.gif
Now itf only someone made that "My Boyfriend is a Pilot"...

bustyman100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey guys, I am writing "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi in edit mode, and there is something I need help with.

How do I change the input for the electric guitar (the red Gibson Explorer) to touch screen chord strumming mode? I can only get the music staff/single note editor. I need to get those power chords to beef up the chorus!!!

PKInferno

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you Impossible and everyone else involved with everything, for all the REALLY hard work. This is my 1st post, I've been following the developments with this ROM, and boy it's come a long way from the hacked 512kb save at the beginning! ^_^

twIstErOId_AmbAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
bustyman100 said:
Hey guys, I am writing "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi in edit mode, and there is something I need help with.

How do I change the input for the electric guitar (the red Gibson Explorer) to touch screen chord strumming mode? I can only get the music staff/single note editor. I need to get those power chords to beef up the chorus!!!

When creating a part/instrument/track/whatever you call it, you select the instrument, and then arrive at a screen with a green button and a red button. The top one is "single note input" and the bottom one is "chord input". If you select chord then the next screen has also a green and a red button. One of them is "guitar chord mode", which is played by strumming; another is "normal chord mode" which is played by pressing buttons. I can't remember which is which.
I don't think there is a way to convert an existing part from single notes to chords or vice versa.

Rubedo

Aikawa is OLEV
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, its FFandMMfan from GF
biggrin.gif

(Yes, the same FFandMMfan credited in doing translations for that pack)
Less of translations and more of "Hey, I know that song!" >_>
Anyway, as you can see, I made an account here and am hoping to figure out what sort of device to get...
Which one do you guys have anyway?
Also, by any chance do you guys have Just Communication and Makka na Chikai? I was gonna get 'em off Wi-Fi, but if you already have them, then I won't.

Impossible

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CaTZ said:
@Impossible; do you have Yuzurenai Nagai (magic knight rayearth Opening) in your pack? Because I can't find it
tongue.gif

edit: nevermind, I got it using deudefu tools
tongue.gif
thanks
smile.gif
Now itf only someone made that "My Boyfriend is a Pilot"...

Can you send me your download song BDX files? I'm always looking for more to add to the next version.

CaTZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/133058843/BDX_CTZ.zip

here you go, it's my save file.

Just extract the songs with yasu's tool

I also change a couple of the download song name to Romaji

elberteinstein

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do i need a program besides the SAV file that allows me to play the game to upload songs from these files or create songs because i not sure if i need another program for the game

jgu1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For some reason when I add files through bdxtool it creates multiple copies of it, and all of them don't work. It's a song that starts out with a piano going down. I figured out a way to make it so that 1 of the songs won't play that piano song and will play what I want by renaming it, however, sometimes, the thing won't work, i'll get an error message and the songs will delete. Anyone else having these problems?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Ai Cocaine Is a hell of a drug."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ai doc my reality prescriptions running low I need 5,000mg
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok for real i'm back
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    generative AI is getting better at animating stuff, but still looks like a fever dream in most cases
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    GOLD GRAIN 1/4 QUARTER BARS FOR LIKE $5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro lost all his money on gacha toys
    https://gachax2.com/
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i thought you were spamming
    +1
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just telling everyone i was collecting bullion, desperate times calls for desperate measures
  • T @ Texasauras:
    i was just "window" shopping
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Gonna leave in any moment
  • T @ Texasauras:
    bro if i drop a stack on red and you drop a stack on black at the roulette table and we pushed, does that mean i gave you a stack?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Texasauras, i don't get it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Wut
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    I don't have it you fucking monster
  • T @ Texasauras:
    what i didn't do anything!
  • T @ Texasauras:
    since i doubled up, or you lost your stack and if i gave it to you instead of running off at the roulette table does that mean i "gave" you a stack lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop touching people's stacks
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Can I get AI to make Home Alone VS Micheal Jackson and R Kelly as the new wet bandits?
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i have access to an AI that makes CGI movie scenes
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    it's in beta
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If Jack didn't think about pussy he could've made some friends with a good few millionaires tbh
    +2
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaWyhs16NOs