DS #2350: New International Track & Field (Europe)

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Philosophy said:
Not a bad game. I switched to the buttons, and it does take a bit to get used to holding the damn thing, but it works better than the stylus. Tried that and it sucked. Kinda cool how when you sign into wifi it shows a ticker at the bottom. It's the same original idea of T&F with updated graphics, etc and stylus controls really.

I'll definitely give it another bash using button controls tomorrow then. Do the characters feel more responsive when using the buttns?

Pie_Master178

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Trolly said:
Yeah, oldies, save the history lessons. Besides the fact it has history, I don't think this game is particularly good. Also I agree with it looking similar to Mario & Sonic, albeit a little better. I think I'll pass, unless I feel the need for a good multiplayer.

Wait...you don't think it's good but you haven't tried it? I think the boards are infected with immature trolls,however your comment isn't that surprising since your name is "Trolly".

Every game that gets released someone has to come in and assume the game isn't good(When they haven't even tried it)...if you have a flashcart try it out and then comment,also JPH I've seen you judge many games based on graphics/screenshots.(There is much more to graphics trust me)

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Im slightly confused over how you get varied results on some..
Like I was playing online, on long jump. My speed got to full minus two bars and my angle was 45, yet he did a mediocre jump. On my next try I get the same bars (around 50cm in speed difference), same amount of bars and same angle but suddenly I get a 2-3 meter longer jump
huh.gif
Only explanation would be where I made the jump that gave me some kind of 'bonus', but still..

I really like the 'sign in' feature, where you log in and stay online. Whenever you're online and a friend creates a game, you see like an update bar at the bottom
notifying you that playerX created a room. Really good idea and hopefully more games pick up on that.

Kirby102

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just finished Easy mode lol... some of the events are tiresome... >< curse you hurdles...

It's kinda hard doing an online match when the game isn't out for another week in Europe
wacko.gif
Mebe thats why teh leaderboards don't work.

Anyone have an insight of what this "Classic" mode might be?

rjcrjc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
MAYBE SPOILERS
You unlock it by getting a medal on all the single events. It's just a game mode following the rules of the first Track and Field (events loop), qualify reqs get harder and harder.
END SPOILERS

Does anyone know how to do well on the triple jump? The most I can get is 14.5m :/ And I need 15m to qualify on Medium. What angles do you need for the three jumps?

Power isn't an issue, I got a monstrous score on Long Jump, 9.912m
biggrin.gif
It was 10.37m/s speed, 42 degree angle, right on the line. The game slows down and plays epic music when you're in the air
biggrin.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
What was that stuff I saw (on the trailer I think) about cheering your character on? Does shouting/blowing into the mic really help you get better scores?

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
What was that stuff I saw (on the trailer I think) about cheering your character on? Does shouting/blowing into the mic really help you get better scores?

Iunno, I tried it and it didn't do much, just made a ! appear.

My arm is tired from all this relentless sliding. I can't ever get to the last two blocks of the power meter, it's irritating.
Tried using button controls too, epically failed.

Anyone wanna explain how to use button controls decently?

jacko360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would like to join team GBATEMP on the track and field website but I cant find the "join the team" link is anyone else having this problem too

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
How the hell do you do the discus? I've just notched up about 18 fouls in a row and I've read the instructions at the start about 5 times. I actually managed to throw the discus once but it didn't get out of the circle
frown.gif

Rehehelly

Trophies
XP
Country
BlueStar said:
How the hell do you do the discus? I've just notched up about 18 fouls in a row and I've read the instructions at the start about 5 times. I actually managed to throw the discus once but it didn't get out of the circle
frown.gif

I won't check since the game made my muscle hurt (trying to break world records >=() but, I believe you spin it around, press the d-pad (or tap the button) then let him spin around once, and on the second spin back you hold and release the button.

..I think.

..I must say I love this game, but I still fail epically at double trap. IM MALE MY MIND CAN'T KEEP UP
frown.gif

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Meh, I keep getting an error message on my M3 DS Simply that says "the save data could not be accessed" :/ Rebooting does not help.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol