DS #2350: New International Track & Field (Europe)

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by shaunj66, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Rehehelly

Rehehelly GBAtemp Regular

Oct 4, 2007
    Latest firmware?

2. ConraDargo

ConraDargo Flashback Fanatic

Dec 29, 2003
    Sweden
    Yeah I just upgraded but that didn't do anything. In fact, for some reason I get the same error message with Nanostray 2 and Summon Night :S

Edit: Durrrr never mind - I mistook 2007 for 2008, so yeah the version I downloaded was a year old [​IMG]'

Edit 2: Wooh and I instantly got a world record at Long Jump: 10.175 meters XD

3. PuyoDead

PuyoDead Hey! Hey! Oh!

May 5, 2003
    United States
    Cincinnati, OH
    Wow, I detect an overwhelming amount of fail coming from all the kids in here NOT EVEN PLAYING THE GAME YET and saying it isn't good.

It plays very well, the menus and graphics are very clean and functional, and overall, it's a fun game.

Also, I'm having trouble with the discus as well. I have to figure out the timing on that one.

4. Enix-zae

Enix-zae Member

Newcomer
    Aug 18, 2007
    Melbourne, Victoria
    Wait for your character to spin around at least once before you press the button. Then, when you DO press the button, that will determine what direction the throw is in.

5. PuyoDead

PuyoDead Hey! Hey! Oh!

May 5, 2003
    United States
    Cincinnati, OH
    Ok, figured out discus... now I can't do the triple jump. I managed to pull it off enough to pass bronze, but I just can't do silver.

I'm dumb. I simply wasn't running fast enough.

6. MrStu

MrStu Newbie

Newcomer
    Jun 19, 2008
    How do you do the discus, it's REALLY annoying me now. I've only managed to throw it 3 times on target. I've got the bonus (discus has a trail of smoke after it) so I know I can get a monster throw, just can't get the timing right. At what point do you do the last button press?

(first post FTW!!!)

7. Nestea80

Nestea80 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2006
    Canada
    Hammer throw is the hardest for me!! Spinning that thing in circles very fast ... and being so precise with the release just frustrates me. And as for yelling/blowing into the mic ... it gives you a tiny boost while you're rubbing.

Triple jump ... do 15ish degrees for the first 2 jumps ... then 30ish for the last jump.

For the games that say READY, SET, GO ... a while after they say "SET" and before "GO", you can start rubbing for a boost at the start.

I'm having trouble getting a gold on Hard Group 4. I got a gold in everything else.
    *EDIT* Ok, just got a gold. [​IMG]

Oh, and FYI ... when you're doing a single event ... suppose you got a world record or personal best, and you go to RETRY after the event is done .... you will lose that record! [​IMG] You have to EXIT.

8. Nestea80

Nestea80 GBAtemp Fan

Jul 25, 2006
    Canada
    I see you joined the team ... I wanna join too ... but I can't. [​IMG] I'm ranked 22 worldwide. [​IMG] My name's also Nestea80 there.

Actually, nevermind. I joined team Evolution. Now I'm ranked 3rd. [​IMG]