DS #2107: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Rings Of Fate (USA)

jagviper

Trophies
XP
Country
commdante said:
Just finished a MP game, first level and some buying stuff at town. Also did Abyssus Forest (couldn't even get to first savepoint before) and defeated the boss. No MoD anywhere :-)
I think MP was about 30 min orso (defeated boss with 7 dmg shots:P) and SP more then an hour I think (also some shopping etc).

Version 2 (ffccrof-deMoDv2.ips) on M3 Lite with Forced R/W and "save"-mode seems to work great. :-)
Is your game freezing at all?

GH0ST

Your Hero is a Ghost
Trophies
Website
www.neuronball.com
XP
Country
France
Thanubis said:
GH0ST said:
Akoji said:
Cracker's v2 patch seems to work fine for me in safemode on G6 Lite, Im doing the Old Town Dungeon and everthing works. And i've shopped and no black screens.

I've got some bugs in multiplayer mode with V2 ... but none so far with test 1 ( from latest ffccrof-deMoD-test.rar)

Have you tried the test patches with Single Player at all?

I'm back in town after killing the second boss in single player. Game time is 35 minutes. No problems so far in Single player mode on G6 Lite Safe Mode with patch v2.

Yes test1 works both in multiplayer with new file and saved one ... actually testing test1 with my saved file brings no bug ( neither with shops or square and music ) ... but i'm abit tired and lazy now ... so i suggest further testing ;-)

Thanks to all there ... from Cracker to Rayder not to mention evil testers and of course the noobs ... I will buy the european version next week ... so greetings & big thanks to the developpers of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles : Ring of Fates also... for playing with us and for the nice joke ... the mario like kart is fun ;-)

Nite ' All ^^

Froyst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if it's the ROM I downloaded, but when I'm playing it on my R4 with the "Test" code provided in the usercheat.dat somebody linked earlier in the thread...my game completely freezes to a black screen when I try to go to the first town. Anybody else have this problem?

Apparently it's also freezing with the code OFF...

My rom's MD5 Checksum turns up 4C392D31488691BE2A48E453E8E9077C with the filename COCK-ffrof.nds

EDIT: When I say "first town" I mean Rabene Te Ra or however it's spelled. On the map screen I hit A to enter the town and it freezes entirely.

PuyoDead

Hey! Hey! Oh!
Trophies
Website
www.flickr.com
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I downloaded the cheat file, and stuck it on my R4. I used the r4fix thing for DS_MENU.DAT as well. Now, the game freezes all over. If I talk to certain people, or jump on that rotating red block in Rebena Te Ra, it'll freeze, with the music still playing, and the bottom screen background still scrolling.

Do I need to patch my game too? Anyone else having this problem?

Thanubis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.amishrakefight.org
XP
Country
United States
blank.gif

Froyst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanubis said:
Froyst said:
I'm not sure if it's the ROM I downloaded, but when I'm playing it on my R4 with the "Test" code provided in the usercheat.dat somebody linked earlier in the thread...my game completely freezes to a black screen when I try to go to the first town. Anybody else have this problem?

My rom's MD5 Checksum turns up 4C392D31488691BE2A48E453E8E9077C with the filename COCK-ffrof.nds
My file is a perfect MD5 match. It's also running perfectly on my G6 Lite.

Just updated my R4 to 1.16 firmware as well...

Never done anything with a G6, but I assume they're pretty similar?

AfterHours

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I made an account just now to tell you all that i have been playing ROF for over an hour on my M3 simply firmware: 1.04final using cracker's system. I have been following this thread since the release and i appreciate all the hard work. thanks everyone.

trangoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PuyoDead said:
Ok, so I downloaded the cheat file, and stuck it on my R4. I used the r4fix thing for DS_MENU.DAT as well. Now, the game freezes all over. If I talk to certain people, or jump on that rotating red block in Rebena Te Ra, it'll freeze, with the music still playing, and the bottom screen background still scrolling.

Do I need to patch my game too? Anyone else having this problem?

This is the same behavior I've been seeing. The only problematic areas seem to be in town, all freezes I've had the the R4 code have been related to musical events , like the rotating block thing, or NPCs that act as a shopkeeper, in town. Speaking to non-vendor NPCs hasn't produced any problems, nor have I had any problems with musical events in cutscenes or anything else. So for now it seems best to save ASAP (if you're not already, haha) in a town or any non-dungeon area before trying to speak to NPCs, and if you're having trouble, disable the cheat, talk to them and get the stuff done, save, reenable, etc.

Progressed to the second dungeon and still no "Thank You" screens so far. Been doing plenty of area changing, too. Seems good so far.

animes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 1.16 here on a MicroSD Kingston Japan 2 GB (SD-C02G).

Clean dump, IPSWin patched with cracker new test package (the test1 one).

Trimmed the rom. Enabled Soft Reset. Launched the rom.

Defeated the first boss, went to the second city, shoped on every shop and got to the weird music box thingy (that zooms on the character). No freezes. No MoDs (Moogles of Death).

Froyst

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanubis said:
Froyst said:
Thanubis said:
Froyst said:

My file is a perfect MD5 match. It's also running perfectly on my G6 Lite.

Just updated my R4 to 1.16 firmware as well...

Never done anything with a G6, but I assume they're pretty similar?
No, not really. The R4 is Slot-1 while the G6 Lite is Slot-2. All I know is that the MD5 match means that you have a perfectly clean ROM, so it can't be the source of your problem.

I see. All I know about flash carts is my own little R4 and it works alright. Other people seem to have gotten it to work on their R4s. Is anybody with an R4 having problems entering towns or it just generally freezing?

D

Deleted User

ZML said:
trangoz said:
Been using the named (not the 'test' one) cheat code file with R4 v1.15 firmware, and I patched my system file. Played single player for roughly fourty minutes with no Moogles whatsoever, cleared the first dungeon. However, I've run into some problems on entering the big town (Rebene Te Ra?). The code seems to affect musical events and stuff linked to them, as in with the code running the town's background music wasn't playing, and jumping on the 'Attention Square' or whatever it is that zooms in on your character, next to the armor shop freezes the game, as well as entering or exiting shops (The armor/synthesis shop worked fine the first time I tried them, although they don't play the 'shop' music they're supposed to with the code enabled). Finishing the magic shop tutorial freezes at the point where the cathedral bell is supposed to ring.

Disabling the code and doing the tutorial/shopping works fine, but now when I try to use the armor shops the game stop responding at all (The 'background chatter' is still going), rather than not just playing the shop music.
I just checked myself, and I also got the freeze on the "Attention Square".
..and no background music either.

[edit]
Weapon shop froze my game too. I assume the Armor shop will as well.

commdante said:
jagviper said:
QUOTE(commdante @ Mar 15 2008, 03:49 AM)
Bladiebla prev post

Version 2 (ffccrof-deMoDv2.ips) on M3 Lite with Forced R/W and "save"-mode seems to work great. :-)
Is your game freezing at all?
Nope, music etc all works fine too.

Edit:
Oops, spoke too soon. Just got a freeze at Moogle's shop.
To those getting freezes at the shops.....

Exit the town and then re-enter. Goto the shop you want and buy the stuff you want then save.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!