DS #1240: Subarashiki Kono Sekai: It's a Wonderful World (Japan)

jesterscourt

Not Brad.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At first glance, I thought this was some goofy Kingdom Heart's game.

kh_wonderfulworld.jpg

Because they were made by the same team.

Way to not read other's posts (including mine)

ambitous21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so for people that's already played the game, how is it?
Too much japanese? How is the gameplay like?

It seems all this thread is talking more about the cover and kingdom hearts than the game itself lol

gigermunit

Trophies
Website
gigermunit.uni.cc
XP
Country
United States
I made a sig and avi and im probably gunna make a wallpaper later this weekend

Yes movies are under a 50year copyright so when 50 years come you can call ur self Matrix 3 with no worries

The game it self everything is pretty much in english even the music except the info and story is in japanese, so it should be a easy releasee in english all they got to do is find a name and translate the game.

Blebleman

GBAtemp Old-Timer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've heard that this game has a lot of japanese culture references.. and till now, there was no announcement of this game to US and Europe.. I really hope I'm wrong..
unsure.gif

This game is chock full of japanese culture, which is why I'm buying it! The game happens in a -extremely- similar Tokyo
wink.gif

The building you see in the beginning of the game is "104", but is really the Shibuya 109, in Tokyo. I've been there!
biggrin.gif

After that, the dog statue? That's Hachiko! I've been there too! Even got pictures of both if you want to see.
So this game also makes a perfect souvenir, since I'm going back home to Canada in about two or three weeks.

By the way, rs4, you can gain bravery by eating some types of food, ramen or ice cream, for example.

MrHellFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On G6 Lite, it freezes for me before the first battle thing, I guess (after pressing select on the screen with the tips on dashing and running, and it shows some frogs or something). I'm using DoFat Force R/W, soft reset, and trim. I'll try it with safe mode some other time.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so for people that's already played the game, how is it?
Too much japanese? How is the gameplay like?

It seems all this thread is talking more about the cover and kingdom hearts than the game itself lol

Well, as I mentioned in a previous reply, for me it's too text-heavy. It's gonna take a lot of trial and error to get the idea of what you're supposed to do. Plus, much of the enjoyment of the game seems to lie in its presentation. That's difficult to appreciate if you don't understand the language.

I certainly look forward to it coming out in English, but I was never terribly hyped for the game. We'll see how that goes, though, once I can actually appreciate what's being expressed by the developers.

rs4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
On G6 Lite, it freezes for me before the first battle thing, I guess (after pressing select on the screen with the tips on dashing and running, and it shows some frogs or something). I'm using DoFat Force R/W, soft reset, and trim. I'll try it with safe mode some other time.

I think I used either safe or normal. I didn't trim or r/w it on g6. Works perfectly for me.

Bleble, ahhh. thanks! I guess I'll just have to wait it out since there isn't a food joint in Day 5.

paruparu91

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhh yeah i have a m3 ds simply and i dowload this...but everytime i start it this white msg that has a circle "!" with all these jap text preventing me from playing~

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
For those asking about the icon:
image11.png

More here:
http://www.samutz.com/dumpster/wonderful_world/
All ripped from the official Jap site.

Wow. Thanks. Now if only it was like 5 times bigger to fit my screen, that would be freakin' amazing. Still tho. very cool.

are you talking about your DS screen or computer screen?

I'm interested in this game, but i won't bother trying it untill the english release.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For those asking about the icon:
(image here)

More here:
http://www.samutz.com/dumpster/wonderful_world/
All ripped from the official Jap site.

Wow. Thanks. Now if only it was like 5 times bigger to fit my screen, that would be freakin' amazing. Still tho. very cool.

are you talking about your DS screen or computer screen?

I'm interested in this game, but i won't bother trying it untill the english release.
I'm talking about my computer screen. I want a wallpaper.

MetaKz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow, that would be sweet for a wallpaper.. If osmeone has illustrator they can convert it to a vector image and then upscale it so it'll be big enough for a desktop. I am to lazy to do it right now
frown.gif
Too much work for meee..

Anyway, sweet game. I don't see any NA release date, but according to some of us here they will put it in english eventually. It sounds nice.. I might just get more japanese practice now though. I am kinda slow when it comes to reading hiragana/katakana (screw kanji :'( I am so waiting for Kanji Dragon on DS). Rockman ZXA has been good japanese practice. time for more
smile.gif
The story will have to wait until the NA release
frown.gif
Whenever that is.

zombielove

Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried the first level. There's quite a bit of text. I can read Japanese, but ended up skipping a lot of it near the end because I just want to see how the game plays.

I didn't really find it fun. I guess it gets better, since it got a pretty good score from Famitsu. I think you need to sit down and concentrate on this one. Judging from the first level, the gameplay is just ok - not enough to keep you entertained without knowing the story.

If you can't read Japanese, I recommend waiting for the English version.

Anyone else played further? Do the battles get interesting at all?

astromantic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
works on g6 in safe mode but still needs an update to the u-disk manager because in the intro credits you get some corrupt graphics. That was the only time that happened so far though. Can someone tell me how to pass day 3 I'm stuck after doing that mind control implanting thing.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just got to day 2 but I gotta stop playing now and do 7 hours of boring work.
cry.gif

It makes no sense but its an awesome game, the style of the art is brilliant and the music is some of the best I heard in a DS game.

Anyone who dosnt speak Jap beat this yet?

They should start a translation thread. I wanna know what people on the streets are thinking!
ph34r.gif
(I assume that when they get the blue things over their heads you are reading their minds)

eddyjackson

Trophies
XP
Country
Anyone else played further? Do the battles get interesting at all?

The battles are about the only thing that are interesting at this point. I haven't played much, only on the 4th day of Shiki's part. I can't stand most of the characters. Neku is a complete dick. Totally unlikable, and while I'm sure as we learn more about what brought him into the game and who he was before he'll become more bearable, but for now he sure does get on my nerves. The story itself seems to be finally heading somewhere somewhat interesting. Looking back, the first 3 days are pretty lame, and feel really videogamey. There's still a long ways to go so hopefully things will get better.

That said, the battles are about the only fun part. I find myself clearing all the noize on a given screen just because its more fun than moving on and listening to Neku's angsty whining. I use the Shockwave, Bullet shot, and Ice blow badges. All maxed, save for the Ice badge at 5/7. I can usually get to about a 70 or 80 hit combo pretty easily using all three. My max is 115. By then the enemies are usually dead. I play at around level 2 or 3/11 to get better drops. What is everyone else using?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste