DS #0838: New Zealand Story Revolution (Europe)

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those of you riding the "oldschool" train shouldn't be angry that it's being compared to Kirby. This port of the game does in fact bring up thoughts of Kirby. Not because of the gameplay as much as the look.

Especially from that low-quality video, the enemies there resemble ones from water areas in Kirby games, and the background resembles the Butter Building backdrop in Kirby games. Then you have what appears to be food left over from killing the enemies. More thoughts of Kirby.

It's great that some of you remember when soda was a nickel, pac-man was played by normal people rather than just nerds, and Magical Fun Fun Attack Game was the most creative thing you had ever heard of, but don't ignore what's right in front of you for the sake of feeling nostalgic.
tongue.gif

plasmatron

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MOONSTONE! YAY! Someone out ther in tinternet land remake or port this game
smile.gif
LOL
What a great game that was - Hot Seat Multiplayer crazy monsters a dragon, the black knight, boars (giant ones) and the wizards tower with the random stat effect best of which was being turned into a frog/toad
Hopefully the above doesnt remind someone of KIRBY!
I don't remember ever consuming an enemy to gain their powers at any stage in New Zealand story - in fact i dont remember eating anything at all - I do however remember being eaten by a whale - Up there in the top 10 boss fights of all time.
Dont make me get the out the Book of Doom (New zealand story ref)
I now have the music in my head ARRGGHH

Hell yeah MOONSTONE !
wub.gif
wub.gif
wub.gif
I remember playing the preview back in 1991. I think it was on a CU AMIGA coverdisk. Than a few weeks later, I got my hands on the SKID ROW crack.
wub.gif
I played this dawm thing for years. Over and over again. But the SKID ROW crack had a big major and nasty bug. When you killed the last boss ( The blue fury ), the game crashes, after collecting the third and final moonstone.
cry.gif
cry.gif
cry.gif
This was one of my shocking game moments ever believe.
biggrin.gif
But a few years ago, I gor my hands on the WHDLoad version. And it was working flawless.
bow.gif

Akeos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Its a pretty damn fine port! The additions to the main game make it better and less frustrating, though the mini games range from excellent (like the tight rope, so much fun!) and the annoying pointless (spot the difference) but the bad ones don't really effect the main game.

As for "grannies" remark SCREW YOU, I'm only 25 and I remember this being released!

So glad the developers didn't screw this up like DS Bubble Bobble and Rainbow Islands.

Also ITS NOTHING WHATSOEVER LIKE KIRBY!!! You don't suck up enemies! I swear kids need to get there flaming Wees and Gamestation 360's confiscated and some proper gaming heritage into them!

What's that? A phone without wires? HERETIC!!!!

LOL!!!!!
rofl2.gif

thats way true, totally agree with u man.
many people dont kno wot good games are, they're just sucked in by
the graphic and are won over.
good old retro gaming!

S

songoku

I did not have an amiga.. I went the 'nes' path, so I have no idea what it is (was).. since the characters looked kirby like, I just said 'kirbish'. Now calm down grannies
wink.gif

It was a very well known game in NES, too (at least here in Europe).

Probably, I´ll buy this one. I liked the original a lot. Now bring me a "Rastan Saga Revolution" and I´ll die of happiness.....

toolp

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok just got it... WTF they done to the music!
cry.gif

But Enter your name for VS mode!!! Have to save that for a rainy day i think.
grog.gif

The music must die its blaring out next to me as I type
wtf.gif

ONLY 4 letters in my name - now I know i'm getting old I remember when ... BLAH BLAH YACKETY WAFFLE DROOL!

OMG I TAKE IT ALL BACK THE MUSIC IS THERE UNTOUCHED YAY
yaynds.gif

*so very old* *i blame having just finished a shift at work*

ROTATE THE DOOR HANDLE!!! LOL it must on the DS how can we implement the touch screen.

Also ICECUBES????

OK hold down the R button YAY!!!

clivefrog

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to pick up a mint copy of the original arcade pcb about 10 years ago for only AU$50, gotta be one of my favourites games of all time

toolp

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What have they done to the first boss fight?
I remember it taking ages to get past it in the original game - and this time round it took 10-15 secs max :'(
But I'm loving it!

BushidoUK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok just got it... WTF they done to the music!Â
cry.gif

But Enter your name for VS mode!!! Have to save that for a rainy day i think.Â
grog.gif

The music must die its blaring out next to me as I typeÂ
wtf.gif

ONLY 4 letters in my name - now I know i'm getting old I remember when ... BLAH BLAH YACKETY WAFFLE DROOL!

OMG I TAKE IT ALL BACK THE MUSIC IS THERE UNTOUCHED YAYÂ
yaynds.gif

*so very old* *i blame having just finished a shift at work*

ROTATE THE DOOR HANDLE!!! LOL it must on the DS how can we implement the touch screen.

Also ICECUBES????

OK hold down the R button YAY!!!

I also turn 31 in December!! Playing NZS on my Amiga was days well spent.

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is a great game. It not like the bubble bobble etc... games they did that sucked. This is close to the amiga version with a few bells and whistles on it. This is a great game that brings back loads of memories. This also seems easier as the amiga version was nearly impossible to do. I only got to the second stage on the amiga, on this one I've managed to get past the first boss.

BryanBayard

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Aaah NZ Story. I can see the Amiga version box up on my shelf there. That really was a might fun game but sadly too hard - I never could finish it. Though getting past the first boss wasn't too hard if you used the proper warp. Well anyway I'm looking forward to trying this on the DS
smile.gif

plasmatron

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I completed the Amiga version of this game in a competition and my winning prize was Rambo IIIÂ
biggrin.gif

Urgh ! RAMBO III !
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
This is one of the lamest OCEAN film license games ever. The AMIGA version totaly sucked. The best thing on the C64 version was the superb sonix by Jonathan Dunn.
wub.gif

I prefer RAMBO - THE FIRST BLOOD on C64. Man those Martin Galway tunes are stuck in my head forever.
wub.gif

toolp

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is a great game. It not like the bubble bobble etc... games they did that sucked. This is close to the amiga version with a few bells and whistles on it. This is a great game that brings back loads of memories. This also seems easier as the amiga version was nearly impossible to do. I only got to the second stage on the amiga, on this one I've managed to get past the first boss.

You have the health bar on the DS and 3 lives and infinite continues LOL its soo easy compared to the AMIGA version - I did manage to finish the amiga version but that was only thanks to the use of the warp points through out the levels - *BLISS* I miss my big green amiga joystick *sigh* anyone lese remember joysticks??????

So do we think theres any kinda unlockables in this version?

Hmm i can recommmend the fishing mini game -
grog.gif

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
My favourite thing about this was the cheat code on the original Amiga release..........
To access the cheats you had to type in (prepares for ban
shy.gif
)
motherfu***ngkiwibas***ds
ohmy.gif

Oh there was media outrage at the time that made the "Hot coffee mod" story seem lame by comparison.
Changed it in later versions to "fluffylittlekiwis" which doesn't have quite the same ring to it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Why does Psi have PMS?