DS #0434: New Super Mario Bros. (USA)

chooch81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im using M3 CF with all the latest patches (game manager v3.14 and updatecgc.E18) and it wont run - i get two white screens that are blank. Any ideas? have tried no trim and normal, and about every other combination i could think off.

borg8472

Trophies
XP
Country
THANKS pSyDS!!!

So say we all!
biggrin.gif

TheRocK

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
No save? Do you have to beat the castle before a save is available? i whent through world 1-1, and 1-2 and turned off, now its back on and its back to 1-1 with no save?

You either have to beat a Castle/Tower or unlock a path for 5 Gold Coins and it will ask you if you want to save.
I finished world 1, now I have to get ready for work
frown.gif

Thats going to make this game suck. I liked mario world, you could save at each level. at any time.
I don't think it is that bad if you can't save every level. I heard the gamd should be much easier than the previous mario games. I think saving was to overused easily. The new save system is ok in my book. I'm not the one who needs to save after every successful jump.
wink.gif

Lily

One Scary Lady
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thats going to make this game suck. I liked mario world, you could save at each level. at any time.

Did we play the same Super Mario World? The one where you could only save after finding a secret block house, ghost house, fortress or castle?

wink.gif

Being able to save whenever you want ruins the little difficulty the game would have.
tongue.gif

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
you could save at any time on Mario world for the GBA, but as i recall on the SNES it was only after ghost houses, castles and switch palaces as i recall, although i may be wrong

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you could save at any time on Mario world for the GBA, but as i recall on the SNES it was only after ghost houses, castles and switch palaces as i recall, although i may be wrong

Yes you are wrong. You could save at any time.......PERIOD!!! But you have to remember that this game is modeled after the ORIGINAL Mario Bros. That game didn't have a save function at all lol
tongue.gif

tisti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

jayminer

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
in the snes version you could save after a castle, a ghost house or a switchhouse, perhaps it's a difference between the European and US releases but I have never played SMW with the ability to save everywhere.

chooch81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent, works a charm using GM 3.14 e18 No trim rom NORMAL boot, every other settings I tried gave me blak screens.

What a great treat THANKS SO MUCH pSyDS!!!

I have your same config, using m3 adapter CF and i get the blank screens... any pointers?

Did you turn soft reset off? It doesn't work if it's on.

This might be stupid but how do you turn soft reset off/on?

What is soft reset?

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Excellent, works a charm using GM 3.14 e18 No trim rom NORMAL boot, every other settings I tried gave me blak screens.

What a great treat THANKS SO MUCH pSyDS!!!

I have your same config, using m3 adapter CF and i get the blank screens... any pointers?

Did you turn soft reset off? It doesn't work if it's on.

This might be stupid but how do you turn soft reset off/on?

What is soft reset?

Either click it or not
wink.gif

It enables you to return to the main menu via L+R+A+B+X.

Btw, does anyone know how to unlock World 4. Please give only a hint
yaynds.gif

retrohead

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
in the snes version you could save after a castle, a ghost house or a switchhouse, perhaps it's a difference between the European and US releases but I have never played SMW with the ability to save everywhere.

As far as I remember, you could save after any level on the world map by pressing start then 'save and quit' or 'save and continue'.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRM_pe7IZeQ